Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Rechargable batteries for a standard stunt that work with VP1 chargers?  (Read 700 times)
Wrecker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

What's hard to understand about swish swish stab?

« on: January 19, 2016, 07:25:07 PM »

I recently got an Obsidian Renegade through CraigsList, and it came with both a wall charger that connects to the in hilt recharge port and a dual-slot VP1 charger. My first Renegade, a stunt, has the standard AAA battery configuration. Are there any rechargable AAA batteries that I can buy from a local electronics store that will work with my Stunt and my Trustfire without causing any damage to them?

Edit: whoops, mistook the charger as a Trustfire.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:23:18 PM by Wrecker » Logged

40" Blazing Red Obsidian v4 Renegade with Orange FoC
36" Blazing Red Stunt Dark Initiate v1
36" Green Obsidian v4 Consular

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 07:55:44 PM »

I think you just have to set the small switch on the side of the TrustFire charger to 3.0v, then it should work with non-Li-Ion batteries. I didn't try that, though, so maybe someone who already tried it could chime in...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Wrecker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

What's hard to understand about swish swish stab?

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 08:25:03 PM »

I took too quick of a look at the charger before posting, it's a Vp1 and not a Trustfire. My bad.

40" Blazing Red Obsidian v4 Renegade with Orange FoC
36" Blazing Red Stunt Dark Initiate v1

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »

Oh, okay. Well, with the VP1 you can only charge Li-Ion batteries AFAIK. Don't know if there are suitable AAA sized Li-Ions out there, though.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 09:39:11 PM »

Without getting technical, the type of battery that would work in a Standard Setup saber would probably explode in that VP1 charger. On the other hand, the kind of battery that would work in the charger would burn out the LED of a Standard Setup saber. No, there isn't a AAA battery that works with both.

That said, you could use NiMH rechargeable batteries in your Standard Setup saber, and I'm pretty sure there are a few brands of multi-voltage chargers that support both NiMH and Li-ion batteries, but that VP1 isn't one of them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: