Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Kylo Ren Sound Font  (Read 29932 times)
Hobbit Ent
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

The Dark Side is calling...

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 06:35:27 AM »

snip

Do you happen to have the sound effects (swings and clashes) without the hum of the saber behind it? It would be super helpful for us to create a perfect free font.

US Dark Prophecy v3 - TRI Blazing Red - Obsidian v4
US Dark Initiate v3 - Fire Orange - Stunt Saber

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

From the Ashes a fire shall be woken...

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 04:26:49 PM »

Here's the weird part, even if I can get a font to blend perfectly in Audacity, that does *not* mean it will blend perfectly once it's actually on the soundboard.

Also, it seems like the volume of the hum is substantially louder than the volume of the swings, on all soundfonts. I can tell, because when a swing ends with some humming, the volume will jump with the swing-hum ends and the idle-hum begins.

A Light from the Shadow shall spring...

Hobbit Ent
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 06:28:02 PM »

Here's the weird part, even if I can get a font to blend perfectly in Audacity, that does *not* mean it will blend perfectly once it's actually on the soundboard.

Also, it seems like the volume of the hum is substantially louder than the volume of the swings, on all soundfonts. I can tell, because when a swing ends with some humming, the volume will jump with the swing-hum ends and the idle-hum begins.

I get this all the time too and it bothers me. Some of the fonts I downloaded are fine, some aren't (Same Creator), Some of the fonts I created work great but not others. I'm still trying to narrow it down to WHY this happens. Once we can figure this out, we can start making awesome sounding and blending fonts.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2016, 06:54:30 AM »

So a funny note...I just tried the current Kylo Ren sound font, and while it has imperfect transitions, for some reason the imperfections (using only the "F" file versions) make it sound like I am beating the crud out of my belongings, because the transitions make it sound like I connected with something.  This is...fitting. Wink

If a smoothed-out one comes along I'll add it as well, but there does seem to be some utility in this for a Kylo Ren cosplay. Wink

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

iNinjaa
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 06:17:58 AM »

Any update on this font? It literally is one of the only Kylo Ren font thats very well made except for the little hiccup when swinging and reverting back to the hum other than that the font is great hopefully their will be a fix to the hiccup soon.

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2016, 09:40:40 PM »

Part of the problem is that this font has a different hum underneath the swings and the clashes. In fact, the clashes have no hum under them, they actually have the lockup sound under them *instead* of a hum, so it's jarring no matter what you do.

This font may need to be taken back to the drawing board. A consistent hum is super important.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2016, 11:43:37 PM »

In all seriousness, how much can be done before the DVD/BluRay comes out?  Until then, I think that the ability to get source audio will be very limited, unless someone is willing and able to digitally rebuild every sound from the ground up.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2016, 01:02:09 PM »

Good news and bad news!

Good news is, I've gone back and purchased Lord Blako's soundfont and edited it into something that is 100% awesome on Obsidian and works *very* fluidly! Grin

The bad news is, well, it's Lord Blako's soundfont and he charges for it. I can't rightly distribute it for free, even if I edited it.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to go forward with this? There must be a solution. I mean, I could ask Lord Blako, but the politics of the sabering world are ridiculous and I don't think he'd agree.

DeadRedHand
Force Sensitive

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 11:11:26 AM »

Good news and bad news!

Good news is, I've gone back and purchased Lord Blako's soundfont and edited it into something that is 100% awesome on Obsidian and works *very* fluidly! Grin

The bad news is, well, it's Lord Blako's soundfont and he charges for it. I can't rightly distribute it for free, even if I edited it.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to go forward with this? There must be a solution. I mean, I could ask Lord Blako, but the politics of the sabering world are ridiculous and I don't think he'd agree.

Could you send me the link of the font that you bought, so I will buy it from him, and you can send me your font without having a bad conscience. That would be so awesome, I would do it like you and wont share it without permission so that nobody of us gets in trouble.

tomasoreilly84
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -4

Twice the pride, double the fall...

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2016, 06:23:19 PM »

Good news and bad news!

I'd also be happy to purchase it if you'd be willing to send me your edited file's after I do so? I'll send you a screenshot of my receipt!  Grin

Saber: Dark Initiate Le V3, blazing red, obsidian v4 soundboard, 32inch ultraedge blade.

Dark Side points please!

Duncan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2016, 12:30:31 AM »

That seems like a fair workaround the the author. He gets a sale and you guys get a edited version. Win/Win IMO.

Hobbit Ent
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2016, 05:34:11 AM »

Could you send me the link of the font that you bought, so I will buy it from him, and you can send me your font without having a bad conscience. That would be so awesome, I would do it like you and wont share it without permission so that nobody of us gets in trouble.

Sounds like a great idea. I already have load blakos font too.

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2016, 01:17:06 PM »

Anybody who'd like to do it that way can PM me with a picture of their receipt from purchasing Lord Blako's soundfont.

DeadRedHand
Force Sensitive

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2016, 01:29:12 PM »

Anybody who'd like to do it that way can PM me with a picture of their receipt from purchasing Lord Blako's soundfont.

meant light side point Grin

Hobbit Ent
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2016, 09:45:27 PM »

PM'd!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: