Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 215   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game  (Read 529747 times)
Bedrock
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 2

I'll take on any job .... for the right price.

« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2016, 02:53:03 AM »

Oh, your text under your avatar pic implies you're a bounty hunter of some sort. Which I suppose doesn't mean you're not Force sensitive.

Bingo.

Jedi, Sith - two sides of a coin that is no longer currency.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2016, 04:25:23 PM »

Gonna be honest, no matter how many times I tell myself I'm going to watch or read Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Matrix, Tron, or Back to the Future, I still haven't and don't know where to start. I had enough trouble rewatching the Star Wars Movies, I kept falling asleep. I'm really not a movie person.

Step 1) Pick one
Step 2) Set a date to do so
Step 3) Profit

That said; Darth Logos, if you ever read the series, I recommend starting with The Hobbit.  It gives a ton of backstory IMO.  Like a prequel.
I fell asleep three times before I could watch Fellowship.  Just that one though. IDK.
Logos, I agree that you should read The Hobbit first. It's an easier read, probably more enjoyable too. Undecided

Duh! I'm a big fan of chronological order.

Currently watching LOTR. Ashamed to admit that I started dosing during the fight scenes at the end. Go fig.

Haven't seen BOT5A yet, but I'm hoping to get the extended cuts for my birthday.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2016, 04:35:11 PM »

Haven't seen BOT5A yet, but I'm hoping to get the extended cuts for my birthday.

You would be doing the filmmakers a solid, because there were quite a few sequences they talk about being cut in the theatrical cut and I can't imagine the movie without them after watching the extended scenes.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2016, 04:41:59 PM »

You would be doing the filmmakers a solid, because there were quite a few sequences they talk about being cut in the theatrical cut and I can't imagine the movie without them after watching the extended scenes.

1) I'm a story junkie. So the longer the movie = more story = more enjoyment. I was mad as hell after reading Goblet of Fire, because they literally cut half the book to make the movie.

2) I have the EC LOTR already, so it only makes sense to do the same with the Hobbit. NTM I have actually lost the account of most of what was in the theatrical cut vs. extended.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2016, 04:55:52 PM »

1) I'm a story junkie. So the longer the movie = more story = more enjoyment. I was mad as hell after reading Goblet of Fire, because they literally cut half the book to make the movie.

2) I have the EC LOTR already, so it only makes sense to do the same with the Hobbit. NTM I have actually lost the account of most of what was in the theatrical cut vs. extended.

1) I remember sitting there waiting for the Sphinx scene to come and then it never happened.

2) After a certain point there is no theatrical cut, because if you were to see the theatrical cut played on TV the absence of scenes would be jarring to say the least.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2016, 05:17:22 PM »

1) I remember sitting there waiting for the Sphinx scene to come and then it never happened.

2) After a certain point there is no theatrical cut, because if you were to see the theatrical cut played on TV the absence of scenes would be jarring to say the least.

1) Started reading the books after the 4th movie was released. Started reading 5, and just knew I would be disappointed in the movie if I did so. So I made sure to not read the rest until all the movies were out. But then I re-read the first half and finally finished a few years ago.

2) Too right. I actually question if "what I'm not seeing" was a TV time-constraint edit, or just not what I've become accustomed to.

Sig by For Tyeth

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #276 on: April 08, 2016, 06:03:14 PM »

I have found that Hollywood has done more to destroy great literature than to benefit it.  I wish that they would stay true to a good book and not be so worried about time constraints.  I know its probably not feasible but its a hope.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #277 on: April 08, 2016, 06:13:55 PM »

I have found that Hollywood has done more to destroy great literature than to benefit it.  I wish that they would stay true to a good book and not be so worried about time constraints.  I know its probably not feasible but its a hope.

Hollywood's primary concern is to produce material that is visually stimulating. I had to admit that the Dragon scene in HP4 was way more exciting in the movie than in the book.

But I did miss the little things like Dobby getting a job at HW.

Sig by For Tyeth

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #278 on: April 08, 2016, 06:15:44 PM »

Totally understand the "visually" stimulating, but I would like to see something with Visual stimulation and a great plot line

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2016, 08:01:17 PM »

You guys are ruining the game! oh and i'm winning.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #280 on: April 11, 2016, 08:31:33 PM »

Not any more.

Now I am.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #281 on: April 11, 2016, 08:32:23 PM »

You underestimate my power.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #282 on: April 11, 2016, 08:33:28 PM »

You underestimate my power.
Perhaps, but there's always tenacity.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #283 on: April 11, 2016, 08:37:18 PM »

Not any more.

Now I am.
I think you'll need to get your eyes checked. Tongue

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #284 on: April 11, 2016, 08:38:30 PM »

I think you'll need to get your eyes checked. Tongue
Just did.  They're atrocious. Smiley

#winning

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 215   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: