Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Juster tried to install a new font on saber and it's crashed and made me format?  (Read 2425 times)
adamprime
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: January 22, 2016, 06:55:11 PM »

I just tried to install the starkiller font and it got to 100% and said it couldn't do it and has made me rest the whole thing. What the hell did I do wrong? Do I now have to install everything manually again? Is there a way to select a whole font at once without adding soudns one by one?

I can't find instructions or anything anywhere...

TIA

Terronium-12
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 07:30:35 AM »

The only thing I can think of that may have caused it to corrupt right at the finish line was a disconnect; whether it be the connection was lost on behalf of Windows or Mac, or the USB adapter became dislodged. Battery charge might play a role as well but I've never gotten to that point as my batteries always die in the heat of me playing with the damned thing.  Grin

Either way, to avoid having to go through every file again in the future you can save configuration files by going to the "Write Sounds" tab, and underneath the main window you'll see "You can also Save...", click save, name it whatever you'd like, and you'll never have to deal with that again.

If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny.

adamprime
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »

I figured it out in the end. It was because my sound bank was over filled past the 100% mark. All sorted and reloaded custom ones now Smiley

Terronium-12
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 06:01:55 PM »

The solution is always simpler than I think it is.

Glad you got it sorted!

Systemlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 06:12:33 PM »

The only thing I can think of that may have caused it to corrupt right at the finish line was a disconnect; whether it be the connection was lost on behalf of Windows or Mac, or the USB adapter became dislodged. Battery charge might play a role as well but I've never gotten to that point as my batteries always die in the heat of me playing with the damned thing.  Grin

Either way, to avoid having to go through every file again in the future you can save configuration files by going to the "Write Sounds" tab, and underneath the main window you'll see "You can also Save...", click save, name it whatever you'd like, and you'll never have to deal with that again.

Been altering computer game files for years and if it's one thing you learn is to always save the default files just in case the unthinkable happens. Is it possible to overwrite a sound font that you don't care for with a new different sound font without running into the same issue as the OP?

Thank.

*Emerald Graflex SE w/Obsidian V4*

Terronium-12
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 07:21:02 PM »

Been altering computer game files for years and if it's one thing you learn is to always save the default files just in case the unthinkable happens. Is it possible to overwrite a sound font that you don't care for with a new different sound font without running into the same issue as the OP?

Thank.

As long as the newer saved configuration/individual files don't exceed any one of the bank sizes, absolutely. You just have to make sure whatever bank you want overwritten is the one selected.

Did I understand that correctly?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:19:04 PM by Terronium-12 » Logged

Systemlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 12:47:57 AM »

As long as the newer saved configuration/individual files don't exceed any one of the bank sizes, absolutely. You just have to make sure whatever bank you want overwritten is the one selected.

Did I understand that correctly?

Yes I've got to make certain the file I want to install is not larger than the file being overwritten, I wish I was able to delete certain sound banks (without Formatting) of Fonts I'll probably never use.

*Emerald Graflex SE w/Obsidian V4*

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: