Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: VC2 Charger Questions  (Read 1663 times)
123outerme
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

I prefer Light Side points. Not that I'll get any

« on: January 22, 2016, 07:18:32 PM »

I got a VC2 charger instead of the VP1 I ordered, but it's not a problem at all. I have questions regarding it.
As it has no .25A mode, only .5 and 1, how safe is it to leave it in .5A mode for extended periods of time? I assume the hardware adjusts for the lack of a .25A mode, since it is a smart charger, but I might as well ask.
Also, it says I can use the USB output function "as a Powerbank to charge external devices". Meaning I can use charge from batteries put in the charger and charge my phone, or what else does that mean?

-If I'm not me, who's anybody?
Saber: Aeon V4 w/ Obsidian V3 - Guardian Blue

Systemlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 08:03:13 PM »

This is why I recommend buying batteries and chargers from US, the .25A charge rate is best for the batteries long service life. I wouldn't leave your batteries on the charger for long periods of time at the .5A rating, US knows their stuff because they have most likely tried out many different brand of chargers, batteries and found out what works best. If you have thought about it, it's likely US has already been there and done that and if there was a better battery.chargeer out there they would most likely know about it before us. Example, the recent change from Trustfire brand to XTAR brand lithium batteries.

*Emerald Graflex SE w/Obsidian V4*

123outerme
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

I prefer Light Side points. Not that I'll get any

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 08:07:20 PM »

This is why I recommend buying batteries and chargers from US, the .25A charge rate is best for the batteries long service life. I wouldn't leave your batteries on the charger for long periods of time at the .5A rating, US knows their stuff because they have most likely tried out many different brand of chargers, batteries and found out what works best. If you have thought about it, it's likely US has already been there and done that and if there was a better battery.chargeer out there they would most likely know about it before us. Example, the recent change from Trustfire brand to XTAR brand lithium batteries.
I did order the VP1 from US, but presumably due to stock issues, they sent me the VC2. Thanks, good to know. I'm good about leaving my phone charging so this shouldn't be a problem.

-If I'm not me, who's anybody?
Saber: Aeon V4 w/ Obsidian V3 - Guardian Blue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: