Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Any fantasy sound fonts?  (Read 1830 times)
Dracul
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: January 22, 2016, 07:20:52 PM »

Hello,

Was wondering if there was any fantasy-esque sound fonts out there. I'm getting in a Manticore with RGB w/ Master Switch, with the idea of it being more of sword that can be "enchanted" with different magic. So, I was thinking it would amazing to have steel sword clashes for the clash, magic powering up for the boot sound, and perhaps the hum being fire blazing on for when red is on, or like a wire sparking/electric sound for purple, etc etc.

Not sure if its possible to have different hums and clashes for different color settings on the fly with a RGB hilt, but I'd be happy with whatever other fantasy sounds I can get.

Thank you,
Dracul

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

From the Ashes a fire shall be woken...

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 08:40:12 PM »

Hello,

Was wondering if there was any fantasy-esque sound fonts out there. I'm getting in a Manticore with RGB w/ Master Switch, with the idea of it being more of sword that can be "enchanted" with different magic. So, I was thinking it would amazing to have steel sword clashes for the clash, magic powering up for the boot sound, and perhaps the hum being fire blazing on for when red is on, or like a wire sparking/electric sound for purple, etc etc.

Not sure if its possible to have different hums and clashes for different color settings on the fly with a RGB hilt, but I'd be happy with whatever other fantasy sounds I can get.

Thank you,
Dracul

If you download the Obsidian saberfonts off Ultrasaber's website, there are a couple of more fantastical sound fonts in the Novastar section. Including a sword font and an electrostaff.

And there's also the "Phoenixpyre" sound font on Saberfonts. It's a very nice fiery sound font with some bird calls for Phoenix-flavor. I love it.

A Light from the Shadow shall spring...

Dracul
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 09:28:02 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion and the Pheonix Pyre font is amazing, and the Element Ice, Earth, and Water are exactly what I'm looking for.

I dug up a bit, and for the right place to get the Pheonixe Pyre font, however, that site doesn't have his Element fonts?

I'm thinking about contacting Novastar/SaberCombat about it, but before I do, will those even work with the Obsidian V4 sound board? (sorry for the noob-ish question there).

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

From the Ashes a fire shall be woken...

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 10:10:29 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion and the Pheonix Pyre font is amazing, and the Element Ice, Earth, and Water are exactly what I'm looking for.

I dug up a bit, and for the right place to get the Pheonixe Pyre font, however, that site doesn't have his Element fonts?

I'm thinking about contacting Novastar/SaberCombat about it, but before I do, will those even work with the Obsidian V4 sound board? (sorry for the noob-ish question there).

You'll have to load them up in Audacity, set the project to 48000hz, and reexport the sound files you want as uncompressed .wavs for them to work with Obsidian, but otherwise, yes. Very simple process, don't be intimidated.

Other thing I ought to mention is that you should probably go to the Forum Rules thread and acknowledge them with a post before anything else. It's required, and if you don't, someone will come along and demand you do so  Wink

A Light from the Shadow shall spring...

Dracul
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 01:30:24 AM »

Just did, and I contacted Nova and got the fonts. These are going to be awesome!

Thanks again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: