Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Show Off Your Tattoos  (Read 18746 times)
BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 81

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2016, 01:47:12 PM »

Once I answered that wuestion with "no, it's an iron on"

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
Blazing red dark sentinel v4
yellow phantasm initiate

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2016, 04:23:34 PM »

Once I answered that wuestion with "no, it's an iron on"

I paint it every morning before work.

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2016, 04:23:45 PM »

HA HA, BlingedJedi!  That's a perfect answer!  +1!

Yeah, Darth Knox, I've heard that, too.  I got my first tatt when I very young (barely 18) and back then, it wasn't very common for females to have ink.  I remember telling my mother I was going to do it and she didn't believe me until I came home from college with a brand new tatt on my right shoulder.  She tried to SCRATCH IT OFF because she was so sure it wasn't real.   Cheesy

Oh, and I thought of another one I hear often that's actually really rude:

"Wow, how drunk were you when you did all that to yourself?" 

Usually, I say, "Does it hurt?"  and they blink and say "what?"  and I say, "To be that effing stupid."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2016, 06:17:48 PM »

HA HA, BlingedJedi!  That's a perfect answer!  +1!

Yeah, Darth Knox, I've heard that, too.  I got my first tatt when I very young (barely 18) and back then, it wasn't very common for females to have ink.  I remember telling my mother I was going to do it and she didn't believe me until I came home from college with a brand new tatt on my right shoulder.  She tried to SCRATCH IT OFF because she was so sure it wasn't real.   Cheesy

Oh, and I thought of another one I hear often that's actually really rude:

"Wow, how drunk were you when you did all that to yourself?" 

Usually, I say, "Does it hurt?"  and they blink and say "what?"  and I say, "To be that effing stupid."
My mum freaked at my first three tattoos, but then eventually realised there was nothing she could do about it. Lol. My dad still doesn't know about any of them. It's bad enough i have dreadlocks according to him!  Shocked I've always wondered what he would do if he found out about my piercings (but that's for another thread).

Just thought of another question "why didn't you get [insert suggestion] instead?"

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2016, 07:25:29 PM »

My mum freaked at my first three tattoos, but then eventually realised there was nothing she could do about it. Lol. My dad still doesn't know about any of them. It's bad enough i have dreadlocks according to him!  Shocked I've always wondered what he would do if he found out about my piercings (but that's for another thread).

Just thought of another question "why didn't you get [insert suggestion] instead?"

I don't understand my parents' aversion to mine, considering they both played in rock bands and rode Harleys together.  (My dad still plays, but he can't ride anymore.  He's blind in one eye.)  I mean, all of their friends are these tattooed biker types.  Is it REALLY such a shock that their daughter (who was raised around all of this) would turn out with lots of ink?  Wink   Cheesy

And what's wrong with dreadlocks??! I mean, I am 110% biased because I prefer long hair of any type on a man, but dreads are especially awesome. 

As for the question . . . .wow, that's one I actually haven't heard!  But I do recall one incident when I got my first tattoo where this very random idiot sitting one table over kept commenting loudly on how she would just "solve all her problem by getting a big ass tattoo on her arm" in this super sarcastic, snarky way.   I didn't know this person and I'd never seen her before, but I don't like trash talkers.  Rather than get in her face, I simply told the manager, who threw her drunk ass out of the restaurant while she attempted to pull his shirt off.    CLASSY.    Roll Eyes

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2016, 07:44:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure my parents are both against the idea of me getting a tattoo. Luckily they've softened up to the point where they'll just be vocally annoyed and won't actually do anything....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2016, 08:11:35 PM »

I don't understand my parents' aversion to mine, considering they both played in rock bands and rode Harleys together.  (My dad still plays, but he can't ride anymore.  He's blind in one eye.)  I mean, all of their friends are these tattooed biker types.  Is it REALLY such a shock that their daughter (who was raised around all of this) would turn out with lots of ink?  Wink   Cheesy

And what's wrong with dreadlocks??! I mean, I am 110% biased because I prefer long hair of any type on a man, but dreads are especially awesome. 

As for the question . . . .wow, that's one I actually haven't heard!  But I do recall one incident when I got my first tattoo where this very random idiot sitting one table over kept commenting loudly on how she would just "solve all her problem by getting a big ass tattoo on her arm" in this super sarcastic, snarky way.   I didn't know this person and I'd never seen her before, but I don't like trash talkers.  Rather than get in her face, I simply told the manager, who threw her drunk ass out of the restaurant while she attempted to pull his shirt off.    CLASSY.    Roll Eyes
My father is Jamaican and yet he hates dreadlocks. Shocked When he was growing up he was taught by his parents and certain parts of Jamaican society that anyone with dreads was a criminal and not to be trusted. He took those lessons to heart. My mum, who is from Trinidad isn't a fan of dreads either but she likes mine. But my mum is so cool though. She just wants me to be happy and recognises I make my own choices. So long as I don't kill anyone (although if i did, she would tell me off, whoop my ass and visit me in priosn every week! Lol).

The stupidest thing I've been asked is "why didn't you get a white tattoo so it will show up more?". I could get angry and offended, but instead I grit my teeth, count to 10 and walk away happy in the knowledge that any numpty that asks me that is not worthy of my presence.

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2016, 08:23:28 PM »

My father is Jamaican and yet he hates dreadlocks. Shocked When he was growing up he was taught by his parents and certain parts of Jamaican society that anyone with dreads was a criminal and not to be trusted. He took those lessons to heart. My mum, who is from Trinidad isn't a fan of dreads either but she likes mine. But my mum is so cool though. She just wants me to be happy and recognises I make my own choices. So long as I don't kill anyone (although if i did, she would tell me off, whoop my ass and visit me in priosn every week! Lol).

The stupidest thing I've been asked is "why didn't you get a white tattoo so it will show up more?". I could get angry and offended, but instead I grit my teeth, count to 10 and walk away happy in the knowledge that any numpty that asks me that is not worthy of my presence.

I would be a sarcastic jerk...  but hey different strokes....

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2016, 08:34:54 PM »

I would be a sarcastic jerk...  but hey different strokes....
I'm usually sarcastic, but anyone dumb enough to ask that question isn't deserving of my wit. Plus, if they really annoyed me i know the bouncers on the door and would have them thrown out while i get free shots at the bar Wink

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2016, 09:08:22 PM »

Okay, the white tattoo comment is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.   Roll Eyes

The dumbest thing I ever had someone ask me was when they saw the kanji on my arm and asked me with a smirk, "Nice tatt.  Do you know what it means?"   No, moron.  The kanji for "Bushido" is absolutely not hanging up in my dojo.  I don't teach my students how to write it and I most certainly didn't ask any of our native Japanese speakers if it was right before I got it inked onto my skin. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2016, 09:30:57 PM »

Okay, the white tattoo comment is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.   Roll Eyes

The dumbest thing I ever had someone ask me was when they saw the kanji on my arm and asked me with a smirk, "Nice tatt.  Do you know what it means?"   No, moron.  The kanji for "Bushido" is absolutely not hanging up in my dojo.  I don't teach my students how to write it and I most certainly didn't ask any of our native Japanese speakers if it was right before I got it inked onto my skin. 

I get that. I have seven kanji characters tattooed on me and have had people ask me the same question, or try and be "funny" by saying it means "egg fried rice". Even though that's not even Japanese.

Love my koi fish tattoo on my inner arm. Reminds me of the two years i lived in japan.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2016, 09:32:53 PM »

Okay, the white tattoo comment is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.   Roll Eyes

The dumbest thing I ever had someone ask me was when they saw the kanji on my arm and asked me with a smirk, "Nice tatt.  Do you know what it means?"   No, moron.  The kanji for "Bushido" is absolutely not hanging up in my dojo.  I don't teach my students how to write it and I most certainly didn't ask any of our native Japanese speakers if it was right before I got it inked onto my skin.  

To be fair, I've known people with Japanese Kanji on their bodies that only picked it because it looked cool, and have not the faintest idea what it means.....so they have the Kanji for soup on their arm or whatever.

I myself plan to get some Kanji if I can ever get into Kendo lessons. They'll be achievement markers though.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2016, 09:34:34 PM »

To be fair, I've known people with Japanese Kanji on their bodies that only picked it because it looked cool, and have not the faintest idea what it means.....so they have the Kanji for soup on their arm or whatever.

I myself plan to get some Kanji if I can ever get into Kendo lessons. They'll be achievement markers though.

I like that idea.  I cant remember what anime I was watching where one of the characters had kanji for something stupid on his arm. -.- like soup, or cat.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2016, 10:31:38 PM »

I think I'm fortunate in that my parents are pretty liberal in their views.
Hell my mom has more tattoos than me. 

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 81

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2016, 12:41:36 AM »

EEEEE!

Well, since I've been dwelling on it for nearly a year, really revisiting and considering the idea for a month, and now thinking about it so much the past week it keep distracting me...I'm in preliminary planning for my next!  I stopped by the studio on the way home from work to chat and set up an appointment, but since the artist I want (who I spoke to last time) wasn't in, I set up to meet with him for a consultation after work on Thursday.  eeeeee!

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
Blazing red dark sentinel v4
yellow phantasm initiate

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: