Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Show Off Your Tattoos  (Read 18736 times)
brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2016, 06:42:46 AM »

Can I say when Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire came out I was enamored with the death-eaters mark and claimed that would be my first tattoo. I still haven't gotten it, but maybe in the future along with a DC tattoo and Star Wars.
I am not a very big fan of needles. Especially if they are going to be stabbing constantly
How do getting tattoos on the forearm feel like? thats the area I am most interested in.

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

Samunseen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

Force-Sensitive with a specialty in the Dark Side

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2016, 08:12:21 AM »

Can I say when Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire came out I was enamored with the death-eaters mark and claimed that would be my first tattoo. I still haven't gotten it, but maybe in the future along with a DC tattoo and Star Wars.
I am not a very big fan of needles. Especially if they are going to be stabbing constantly
How do getting tattoos on the forearm feel like? thats the area I am most interested in.

Forearm is a pretty tame area. I have both of mine done.

And honestly. You shouldn't think of tattoo guns as "needles" it's an entirely different sensation. The only thing I can liken the pain of a tattoo to is having someone scratch you over fresh sunburn.

But that does depend on the area that you get it on. I have both sides of my ribs done and I'm thankful that I won't have to go through that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 81

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2016, 01:37:55 PM »

Depends on the area, totally.  The one of my back felt like cat scratches.  The one on my ankle felt like being cut into with a razor and left me bruised, but that artist was WAY too heavy handed.  Yet, here I am getting ready to go on another ankle tattoo.  Oh well.  It's been 8 years.  I think I have more pain tolerance now.  Since then I've had broken bones, appendicitis, danced on gruesome injuries because I don't know how to be smart...

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
Blazing red dark sentinel v4
yellow phantasm initiate

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2016, 04:56:12 AM »

I really gotta find an artist and get a quote....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2016, 01:37:08 PM »

the two tattoos i posted earlier in the thread:

the one on my am felt like scratching my arm while it was happening. after it just felt like sunburn   the one not shown on me leg was mostly on muscle no bone and that one felt like someone put a steel bar through my leg (not all the way through just on the outside.)  my leg swelled and it was mildly painful to use that calf muscle while walking for a day.

the one on my ribs is my favorite, it also cost the most and hurt the most.  It took 3, (8,6,2) hour sessions, (respectively) it was completed in sections.  first section was the outline.  then a cig break then then color in the rose. session one over.  session two was just the green parts of the rose. the shading on this was the longest part.  finally the last section was the banner.

This felt like someone stabbing me millions of times. the pain was that I couldn't form logical thoughts so instead of chatting with the artist like normal we put on some music and sat silently. until we went to have a smoke. point is that where you get it determines how it will feel while getting inked.

soft spots tend to hurt a little more in my opinion.

I forgot to mention and I do not think nox did, but new tattoos flake.  its nothing to be worried about, as long as you are not actively peeling the tattoo.  the top most layer of skin and perhaps the layer under it. get destroyed when getting inked. after a day or two you will notice little colored flakes, (hopefully your keeping it moist so they really should look like soggy colored DNA blobs) 

When washing my tattoos I clean my hands first and use some unscented soap. some people use rags or papertowels but i personally think they feel like sandpaper on my tattoos so I just opt for my own skin.  while washing the tattoo gently little bits of colored skin will come off.  its ok, what falls off falls off just dont pick, scratch or peel. It can be scary if your not expecting it and it is the one part that everyone forgets to tell newbies. 

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2016, 03:42:35 AM »

I went in to talk with my artist and come up with designs and make an appointment, but then when we were done with that, he said "You know, since this is pretty simple, I can do it right now,"  So that's what I did!  Also, thanks  Instagram filters for helping hide the redness and the splotch that I'm not if it's ink that wouldn't wash off or a bruise.

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
yellow phantasm initiate

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2016, 01:54:59 PM »

I went in to talk with my artist and come up with designs and make an appointment, but then when we were done with that, he said "You know, since this is pretty simple, I can do it right now,"  So that's what I did!  Also, thanks  Instagram filters for helping hide the redness and the splotch that I'm not if it's ink that wouldn't wash off or a bruise.

could be a little of both. the ink will die your skin, but eventually it will fade leaving just the tattoo

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 03:27:49 PM »

Well, the grayish spot in question is now kind of yellow, so it was a bruise.  Not surprising at all, my two other tattoos bruised me too.  I, like, don't clot or something.

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
yellow phantasm initiate

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2016, 03:16:37 PM »

OK, had to post again because I am really obsessed with this picture my friend took!

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
yellow phantasm initiate

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2016, 03:18:57 PM »

OK, had to post again because I am really obsessed with this picture my friend took!

beautiful!

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2016, 03:48:42 PM »

The two tattoos I have, I've gotten them both on a Valentine's Day. Might be getting another in two weeks, to keep true to tradition Cool

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Darth Ausbr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -27

Ashes to Ashes

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2016, 04:57:57 AM »

I'll have to post mine on here soon.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:01:37 AM by Darth Ausbr » Logged

"Such a quiet thing to fall..."
Sabers - Dark Mantis v3 VA "Marlaxia"

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2018, 05:20:10 PM »

Got a new tattoo yesterday, a Graflex. The artist is in Austin TX. and he loves Star Wars and song Star Wars tattoos. In fact he is a Lucas Films licensed tattoo artist, yes that's a real thing. Anyway a picture of the tattoo. I have others, o one day soon I'll add some more pictures.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2018, 09:28:40 PM »

That is bada$$ . Point to you good sir. I like it!  Shocked Shocked
 I do not have pics of any of my tatoos.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2018, 03:52:16 PM »

Got a new tattoo yesterday, a Graflex. The artist is in Austin TX. and he loves Star Wars and song Star Wars tattoos. In fact he is a Lucas Films licensed tattoo artist, yes that's a real thing. Anyway a picture of the tattoo. I have others, o one day soon I'll add some more pictures.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SICK!!!!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: