Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Order: Grab Bag Saber Review  (Read 5158 times)
ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 02:57:13 AM »

Next time you could get one with an Emerald driver and having it slowly pulse between red and purple.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

firewisplet
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

"You were my brother Anakin! I lava'd you!"

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 03:17:16 AM »

The silver is very bright and beautiful, especially paired with the black ending from my Dominix LE V3 hilt. Maybe a little bit "too bright" regarding that it should be silver coloured and not just a "bright white light" - you know what I mean? The name "Adegan Silver" is cute, but actually it's just a bright white light Wink Nonetheless beautiful and I find it particularly matching perfect to my white hair and black clothing.

I don't know, I wrote them about the missing wheel but I didn't really read any other reviews about missing wheels... maybe they are just getting sloppy with all those thousends of orders. I don't think that they do it on purpose or that someone stole it. I am working on a workaround/fix to carry the hilt nonetheless on my belt.

Thank you! That kind of neon tube is much safer Wink Most people know exactly what colour they want to have, but me, I have yet to decide. In fact, I knew all along that I wanted to have purple AND red, so to choose only one would have driven me crazy... and then again, I wanted to play out different colours that are not common, like mintgreen or something equally strange. I mostly tend to silver, red and green now with the color discs - the blue and purple colours are not really strong. I give another review on the Lee filters, when they arrive.
I knew I wanted a Purple saber, basing off my favorite colour, but I knew I'd get bored of 2 channel emerald only making blues reds and purples, so I went ahead and got 4 channel so I can make other wonderful colours like green, orange, and yellow.

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -354

Dark side points please ^^

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 10:08:36 PM »

As of today, I have now some Lee filters and I already found out some interesting things: Blue and Purple are more beautiful and stronger as well as brighter with Lee filters; the Red is more beautiful, but also dimmer with Lee filters than with the color discs; Green is not really an improvement towards the color discs.

Pictures will follow as soon as I am back from my heavy metal cruise in Miami (70'000 tons of metal) - when I'm back, I should also have my Sith Lady coat shipped Wink

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel V4 (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Flamberge V2, Adegan Silver sideblades (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dark Prophecy, Blazing Red (Obsidian V4)
Prophecy, Guardian Blue (Obsidian V4)
Dark Sentinel V4, Sun Rider's Destiny (Obsidian V5)
Dark Apprentice v4, Guardian Blue (Stunt)

Sold:
Dark Shock (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, TRI Consular Green (Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, Adegan Silver (Stunt)
Aeon LE V4, Consular Green (Stunt)

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 12:16:39 AM »

Back again with more pictures!

So I actually found a workaround for the missing Covertec wheel and also a solution to wear my saber with the blade on. It's huge, 36'' blade and 12.25'' hilt and I'm just 64.9'' (or 5.4ft) but for carrying to cosplays and convention, that will actually do:

I tried out many Reds of the Lee filters, but this one seemed to be the best (Primary Red):

Then I tried out different purple (because that's actually my "real" colour) and found two convincing (Deep purple and Provence), although the one that actually shows up better with the camera is more reddish and the one I prefer (more blueish) does not seem to be so clearly purple on camera when it's dark:

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)

Sold:

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 01:12:20 AM »

@Layana Those filters actually look awesome. Nice carry too. We'll done. Point 4 u. Think about an extra 32" blade if you order again. Never gave much thought to silver blade, but those filters are pretty convincing. Thanks

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 02:45:53 AM »

@Layana Those filters actually look awesome. Nice carry too. We'll done. Point 4 u. Think about an extra 32" blade if you order again. Never gave much thought to silver blade, but those filters are pretty convincing. Thanks

Thank you! Smiley Yes, the filters do good work, I am happy that I chose the AS for my Grab Bag Saber, so that I can play around without having to choose one or stick with randomness. I am terrible at making decisions, but I'm also not good in taking whatever comes, so I like to have control and diversity *lol*

Next time you could get one with an Emerald driver and having it slowly pulse between red and purple.

Actually ordered an Emerald one for my next! Cheesy

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)

Sold:

Paladin67
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 02:22:50 AM »

You've sold me on the silver for my stunt saber. I've got guardian blue for my main saber but after seeing what you've done, I'll get silver with TRI-Cree. I really want to see orange or teal. If you get a chance and assemble orange or teal please post a pic.

Sentinel V4 in GB with Obsidian lite-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: