Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 144274 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2018, 10:17:44 PM »

And I ignored it  Tongue

Still need to borrow the books
Ja ja

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2018, 11:33:45 PM »

So, at the risk of asking for <SPOILERS>, does it talk about HOW he stopped the heart?

Also, I wasn't previously aware that Rancors could sense force auras...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2018, 12:39:11 AM »

Thanks for the spoilers, now send me the trilogy so I can read it.

We need to get it up and running again

So I'm not the only one who hasn't read the Bane trilogy. That makes me feel better.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2018, 01:54:36 AM »

So I'm not the only one who hasn't read the Bane trilogy. That makes me feel better.

Me either.  There is a LOT on my to read list.  An overwhelming lot...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #214 on: February 02, 2018, 01:55:54 PM »

So, at the risk of asking for <SPOILERS>, does it talk about HOW he stopped the heart?

Also, I wasn't previously aware that Rancors could sense force auras...
Nature itself has an aversion to the Dark Side. All around the temple, nothing grew in a radius of like 30m. All the animals avoided the area. When Bane touched down, the rancor initially came after him thinking "food", but quickly sensed that this potential prey had a similar vibe to the temple. One of those cases when an animal can sense a badder attitude than their's.

Yes, it explains how. I can spoil or just let you be surprised when you read.

Me either.  There is a LOT on my to read list.  An overwhelming lot...
Take your butts the B&N and for like $20 you can walk out with the whole thing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #215 on: February 02, 2018, 08:15:19 PM »

Yes, it explains how. I can spoil or just let you be surprised when you read.

I don't like going in to B&N, but Amazon works too.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2018, 08:35:21 PM »

Nature itself has an aversion to the Dark Side. All around the temple, nothing grew in a radius of like 30m. All the animals avoided the area. When Bane touched down, the rancor initially came after him thinking "food", but quickly sensed that this potential prey had a similar vibe to the temple. One of those cases when an animal can sense a badder attitude than their's.
So thats why all my roses died off. My Dark aura choked them out  Roll Eyes

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #217 on: February 02, 2018, 08:39:08 PM »

I don't like going in to B&N, but Amazon works too.
Whatever. Back when chairs were plentiful, I use to love to go get lost in B&N for hours.

So thats why all my roses died off. My Dark aura choked them out  Roll Eyes
Possibly.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2018, 08:45:15 PM »

Whatever. Back when chairs were plentiful, I use to love to go get lost in B&N for hours.
I always preferred Borders over B&N. Been a while since I just went to one to sit and read.

Possibly
More like working 20 hours a day killed my roses. Hybrid teas do not like to be ignored. But I will continue to tell people it was my Dark aura  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2018, 09:01:11 PM »

I always preferred Borders over B&N. Been a while since I just went to one to sit and read.
Shut up, Chicago. I don't have a Borders. Angry

More like working 20 hours a day killed my roses. Hybrid teas do not like to be ignored. But I will continue to tell people it was my Dark aura  Grin
No excuses. If Plagueis could sustain life when someone was inches from death, you should be able to maintain roses.

Sig by For Tyeth

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2018, 09:02:25 PM »

I will try, though like TR, it might have to be Amazon, though in my case, I don't know of a B&N nearby that I can get to.  And then having to have the money free.  Things are tight right now.

I too loved Borders more, are there even still Borders around, I thought they went out of business...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #221 on: February 02, 2018, 09:06:30 PM »

Shut up, Chicago. I don't have a Borders. Angry
We don't either, they got bought out by B&N and all closed >.<

No excuses. If Plagueis could sustain life when someone was inches from death, you should be able to maintain roses.
Bite me. I kriffing raise Orchids and am attempting to hybridize a waterlily. I can sustain life just fine. One just can't ignore hybrid teas.

Darkside Points Please

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #222 on: February 02, 2018, 09:09:22 PM »

We might all be a bit off topic.

So, Dark Side, is it really inherently "Dark", or is it really the path of passions and emotions, and just called dark by the Jedi because they hide from their feelings, and the Sith embrace the moniker because it serves our purposes?

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #223 on: February 02, 2018, 10:03:26 PM »

We might all be a bit off topic.

So, Dark Side, is it really inherently "Dark", or is it really the path of passions and emotions, and just called dark by the Jedi because they hide from their feelings, and the Sith embrace the moniker because it serves our purposes?
It's all that hippy Jedi dogma. The darkness merely comes from within. Using negative emotions to draw strength from. As Yoda said "Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side are they. Easily they flow." I interpret this as they are easily generated, but also produce adrenaline. Adrenaline fuels instinct and usually negates rational thought. And as Uncle Ben Parker said "With great power comes great responsibility." The Jedi of course would frown on the potential to lose control, so naturally they shun the use of these emotions, and any emotional states that could lead to negative emotional states.

Sig by For Tyeth

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2018, 10:58:51 PM »

It's all that hippy Jedi dogma. The darkness merely comes from within. Using negative emotions to draw strength from. As Yoda said "Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side are they. Easily they flow." I interpret this as they are easily generated, but also produce adrenaline. Adrenaline fuels instinct and usually negates rational thought. And as Uncle Ben Parker said "With great power comes great responsibility." The Jedi of course would frown on the potential to lose control, so naturally they shun the use of these emotions, and any emotional states that could lead to negative emotional states.

What of the rest of the emotional range?  I am curious where they fall, since the fools turn their backs on all emotion.  Anger, fear, aggression all dump adrenaline, as you said.  The other emotions, can produce drive, incite, inspiration, creativity in their own ways, which can add a wealth to the aims and goals of the practicioner.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: