Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 142504 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #285 on: May 21, 2019, 03:52:49 PM »

See thats a headcanon i hope they explore in ROS.

Ive had this thought for awhile since the idea of the Living Force has become so prevalent in canon lately what if the constant war and killing has made the force weaker by nature. If the force is in and made up by all living things it stands to reason the less living things the weaker the force is. My headcanon for awhile is the force doesnt give a crap about the Jedi or Sith, and " balance" just refers to "stop blowing up planets you ding dongs"
You are correct in assuming that the Force does not recognize light and dark....mostly. Life & death, light and dark, good and evil. The positive cannot exist without the negative. Death feeds life, only light creates shadows, and only evil can show why good is good. The Force ebbs and flows, but eventually balances out.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2019, 04:00:18 PM »

You are correct in assuming that the Force does not recognize light and dark....mostly. Life & death, light and dark, good and evil. The positive cannot exist without the negative. Death feeds life, only light creates shadows, and only evil can show why good is good. The Force ebbs and flows, but eventually balances out.

'Im all pretty aware of this - my main point was I've wondered for awhile (especially with the ANH line from Obi-Wan after Alderaan) if large losses of life not only affect the force but directly weaken it. If the force is an energy field made up of all living beings that it stands to reason that the loss of life is akin to cellular death. Sure naturally many cells in your body die every day but if a lot die all at once it becomes an issue. I almost wonder if the whole of the chosen one prophecy is referring to a being that will not "balance" the sides or eradicate one side over the other, but stop the warring between light/dark factions.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #287 on: May 22, 2019, 01:46:18 PM »

'Im all pretty aware of this - my main point was I've wondered for awhile (especially with the ANH line from Obi-Wan after Alderaan) if large losses of life not only affect the force but directly weaken it. If the force is an energy field made up of all living beings that it stands to reason that the loss of life is akin to cellular death. Sure naturally many cells in your body die every day but if a lot die all at once it becomes an issue. I almost wonder if the whole of the chosen one prophecy is referring to a being that will not "balance" the sides or eradicate one side over the other, but stop the warring between light/dark factions.
I think the mass loss of life is felt by Force sensetives, but doesn't necessarily diminish its potency. You have to think of the untold trillions, if not quadrillions of organisms in a galaxy whose life forces make up the Force. So when you compare that to a body, the loss of Alderaan is comparable to skinned knee. It's felt, but won't cripple. Remember in ROTS, Yoda felt the results of Order 66, and that was only tens of thousands, a paper cut at best.

However I misspoke. One thing that I do feel is balanced, in matters of Light and Dark sides, was ultimately the lynch pin in Darth Bane's Grand Plan. After fulfilling the prophecy of the Sith Ari, Darth Bane took his apprentice Zannah, and instituted the Rule of Two. This reorganized the Sith into the strict Master/Apprentice partnership that too many regard as "the way it's always been." <barf> It is however the way it was for 1,000 years, ultimately culminating in Order 66. It has been supposed that the staggering imbalance between the number of Jedi and the Sith, their strongest opposition, that aided the the Grand Plan. Since the Force couldn't spontaneously spawn Sith, it allowed a mass culling of Jedi to even out the playing field. Going off the visual of the movies, this resulted in two Jedi, Obi Wan and Yoda, to counter our boys in black.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #288 on: May 22, 2019, 03:17:37 PM »

I think the mass loss of life is felt by Force sensetives, but doesn't necessarily diminish its potency. You have to think of the untold trillions, if not quadrillions of organisms in a galaxy whose life forces make up the Force. So when you compare that to a body, the loss of Alderaan is comparable to skinned knee. It's felt, but won't cripple. Remember in ROTS, Yoda felt the results of Order 66, and that was only tens of thousands, a paper cut at best.

However I misspoke. One thing that I do feel is balanced, in matters of Light and Dark sides, was ultimately the lynch pin in Darth Bane's Grand Plan. After fulfilling the prophecy of the Sith Ari, Darth Bane took his apprentice Zannah, and instituted the Rule of Two. This reorganized the Sith into the strict Master/Apprentice partnership that too many regard as "the way it's always been." <barf> It is however the way it was for 1,000 years, ultimately culminating in Order 66. It has been supposed that the staggering imbalance between the number of Jedi and the Sith, their strongest opposition, that aided the the Grand Plan. Since the Force couldn't spontaneously spawn Sith, it allowed a mass culling of Jedi to even out the playing field. Going off the visual of the movies, this resulted in two Jedi, Obi Wan and Yoda, to counter our boys in black.

With Luke as the wild card..so to speak

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #289 on: May 22, 2019, 06:11:06 PM »

Just to clarify Im about to be referring strictly to current canon,

See I've never been quite so sure. Because sure losing Alderaan in the grand scheme of things might not have been devastating to the force as a whole it would have been noticeable. Think about it, theres been a slowly escalating war for thousands of years that everytime one side "wins" the other side comes back twice as strong and kills a whole lot of life in the process. For a loooooong time. When we have now the First Order coming out and wiping out entire star systems in one fell swoop, whats the next step? I really dont think the force is trying to "balance" by equivocating the sides of the war-in fact I dont believe Anakin is/was even the chosen one. I think the chosen one is going to end the war between light and dark. Stop the cycle in its tracks. No more continuing escalation of genocide. It's only a theory, but I like to think thats how it all works Smiley

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #290 on: May 22, 2019, 06:15:14 PM »

See I've never been quite so sure. Because sure losing Alderaan in the grand scheme of things might not have been devastating to the force as a whole it would have been noticeable. Think about it, theres been a slowly escalating war for thousands of years that everytime one side "wins" the other side comes back twice as strong and kills a whole lot of life in the process. For a loooooong time. When we have now the First Order coming out and wiping out entire star systems in one fell swoop, whats the next step? I really dont think the force is trying to "balance" by equivocating the sides of the war-in fact I dont believe Anakin is/was even the chosen one. I think the chosen one is going to end the war between light and dark. Stop the cycle in its tracks. No more continuing escalation of genocide. It's only a theory, but I like to think thats how it all works Smiley

I've heard a few people bandy around the theory that Anakin isn't really the Chosen one...but The Clone Wars verified that Anakin was indeed the Chosen One.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #291 on: May 22, 2019, 07:44:55 PM »

George has always said that Anakin is the Chosen One. Not Luke, not Rey. Yes, people can help him along the way, but ultimately it is Anakin that is the Chosen One. The Skywalker saga has always been about Anakin, and always will be.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #292 on: May 22, 2019, 08:21:24 PM »

George has always said that Anakin is the Chosen One. Not Luke, not Rey. Yes, people can help him along the way, but ultimately it is Anakin that is the Chosen One. The Skywalker saga has always been about Anakin, and always will be.

Indeed.  I see It as Luke/Leia being the Force's tools for Anakin's salvation. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #293 on: May 22, 2019, 08:27:25 PM »

With Luke as the wild card..so to speak
Well I'm also a fan of TFU, so more than a handful of Jedi survived the Purge. But their presence was now closer to balance than it was previously.

<Puke> Even looking at the current flaming pile of dog crap they call canon, we know the FO is going to fall. Once that happens, a period of regrowth will follow in which life will replenish what was lost. As I said, ebb and flow. The thing with the Sith is that they almost always ensure conflict and destruction to later be countered by times of peace and growth.

I've heard a few people bandy around the theory that Anakin isn't really the Chosen one...but The Clone Wars verified that Anakin was indeed the Chosen One.
He most certainly was the "chosen one". Yoda even said it: "A prophecy that misread may be." His choices led to the fulfillment of the Grand Plan and brought the Force closer to balance. Leave to the dogmatic Jedi to think balance is everything to one side. Doesn't work like that.

Which is why if little Miss Mary Rey Sue isn't a Skywalker even I'll join that riot.

Indeed.  I see It as Luke/Leia being the Force's tools for Anakin's salvation. 
NTM, <gags> Leia's son and Luke's daughter being the strongest and opposing Force wielders would "bring balance to the Force."

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #294 on: May 22, 2019, 11:38:15 PM »

Well I'm also a fan of TFU, so more than a handful of Jedi survived the Purge. But their presence was now closer to balance than it was previously.
<Puke> Even looking at the current flaming pile of dog crap they call canon, we know the FO is going to fall. Once that happens, a period of regrowth will follow in which life will replenish what was lost. As I said, ebb and flow. The thing with the Sith is that they almost always ensure conflict and destruction to later be countered by times of peace and growth.

He most certainly was the "chosen one". Yoda even said it: "A prophecy that misread may be." His choices led to the fulfillment of the Grand Plan and brought the Force closer to balance. Leave to the dogmatic Jedi to think balance is everything to one side. Doesn't work like that.
Which is why if little Miss Mary Rey Sue isn't a Skywalker even I'll join that riot.
NTM, <gags> Leia's son and Luke's daughter being the strongest and opposing Force wielders would "bring balance to the Force."

Well certainly wasn't trying to offend with an armchair theory. Im in the rare camp that I like the new stuff. to each their own I guess.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #295 on: May 23, 2019, 01:39:00 PM »

Well certainly wasn't trying to offend with an armchair theory. Im in the rare camp that I like the new stuff. to each their own I guess.
Armchair theory?

Also, I doubt you could offer better offence than the cesspool that is the current canon. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, c'est la vie. Some people enjoyed the Christmas special.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #296 on: May 23, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »

Armchair theory?

Also, I doubt you could offer better offence than the cesspool that is the current canon. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, c'est la vie. Some people enjoyed the Christmas special.

Okay, I like the current canon and all, but i dont partake in   H E R E S Y

Also, to clarify, I was being a touch literal. Theory was had while sitting in purple armchair, can confirm.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #297 on: May 23, 2019, 03:25:11 PM »

Okay, I like the current canon and all, but i dont partake in   H E R E S Y

Also, to clarify, I was being a touch literal. Theory was had while sitting in purple armchair, can confirm.
I'm still unclear on armchair theory.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #298 on: May 23, 2019, 03:36:16 PM »

I'm still unclear on armchair theory.

Made theory while sitting in armchair = armchair theory.

Just making a literal twist. Mostly when people call something an armchair profession is to say its an amatuer pretending to be a pro, I was just appropriating for a joke.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #299 on: May 23, 2019, 04:58:52 PM »

Made theory while sitting in armchair = armchair theory.

Just making a literal twist. Mostly when people call something an armchair profession is to say its an amatuer pretending to be a pro, I was just appropriating for a joke.
Oh. Yeah, I wasn't offended by the theory. I simply countered it. There is a great example of the Force being affected by massive loss of life. In the book Revan, it is revealed that Emperor Vitiate's phenomenally OP strength in the Force came from a ritual he performed in his youth that allowed him to absorb the life force of every living organism, not just creatures, on his home world. The world was left completely dead; not even microbes survived. Sith Imperial records were purged of this information, and investigation of it was punishable by death. The result of this ritual actually left a void in the Force. It is described that while on this world, a Force wielder.....well, had nothing to wield. There was no life generating the Force in the sphere of the planet's influence.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: