Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 144406 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #330 on: May 13, 2020, 02:29:48 PM »

Did the Sith have any rituals or philosophies that dealt with how to endure pain? I don’t follow the extended universe lore so I thought someone here might know.

Not a specific ritual, but the Sith believe pain can amplify their emotional response to a situation. This all comes back to the Sith code:

Peace is a lie there is only passion,
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power

Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The force will set me free

Basically they welcome pain as pain is a great emotional motivator, something that can produce passion, thereby granting strength. Its something they can draw from. In fact to dilute or lessen pain to ones' self would run contradictory with their beliefs, unless not in combat or so extreme they are incapable of fighting. This is why in episode VII, kylo repeatedly strikes himself on his fresh wound.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #331 on: May 13, 2020, 04:34:42 PM »

Pain is usually something to be dealt with in order to attain greater strength/power. As PS spoke of, your passion (desire for results) drives your ability to endure.

When Darth Bane was exposed to an orbalisk infestation, which ultimately resulted in 90% coverage of his body, he endured the pain of them in order to have a saber-proof suit of armor grafted to his flesh. Orbalisks feed on dark side energy, so they are drawn to its practitioners. Once latched on, they secrete a venom that simultaneously heals the host but inflames the nerves. The burning pain elicits emotional surges that manifest rises in dark side energy from the host, allowing the orbalisks to feed. This became counterproductive when he was endeavoring to create a holocron, and needed to remain calm in order to meditate. The orbalisks would increase his pain level until he had no choice but to unleash his anger, ultimately feeding them.

In another instance, the Sith Emperor, Darth Vitiate, granted his new Emperor's Wrath, Lord Scourge, to undergo a Sith ritual for eternal life. At the end of the ritual, the battle hardened Lord Scourge was nothing more than a quivering and whimpering fetal ball on the floor. He asked Vitiate when the unbearable pain would end. Vitiate replied that it never ends, you "simply" learn to ignore it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

SpartanGrey117
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #332 on: May 14, 2020, 06:04:57 PM »

What exactly goes into making a kyber crystal bleed? I could be wrong, but would Anakin's crystal not have bled after "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them! What are we going to do?" *Insert Beat Saber meme here*

The Jedi have their place in the galaxy, and should not be lost. The Sith... They have theirs; some are needed, most are misguided, and then there are those that must be silenced... Both are needed for balance.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #333 on: May 14, 2020, 06:16:48 PM »

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #334 on: May 15, 2020, 04:53:03 AM »

What exactly goes into making a kyber crystal bleed? I could be wrong, but would Anakin's crystal not have bled after "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them! What are we going to do?" *Insert Beat Saber meme here*
To answer your question, in new canon crystals are alive within the force to an extent. To bleed a crystal is not to commit dark side acts yourself, but while in a trance transmit your memories and thoughts of pain, suffering, malice, and hate to the crystal itself. Your projecting your pain onto it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #335 on: June 07, 2020, 05:17:30 PM »

Which is why Kylo's saber is like it is.  He was bleeding his crystal and because of his unhinged explosive nature he overloaded the crystal and cracked it.  Which is why he had to rig the side ports to vent the excess energy.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #336 on: June 08, 2020, 12:48:32 PM »

Which is why Kylo's saber is like it is.  He was bleeding his crystal and because of his unhinged explosive nature he overloaded the crystal and cracked it.  Which is why he had to rig the side ports to vent the excess energy.
I simultaneously love and hate this.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #337 on: June 08, 2020, 05:37:20 PM »

I simultaneously love and hate this.

When  I can I will send you screen grabs of his Comic.  They show him doing this.... It also showed Luke kicking the Knights of Ren's asses without breaking a sweat.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #338 on: June 08, 2020, 09:03:15 PM »

When  I can I will send you screen grabs of his Comic.  They show him doing this.... It also showed Luke kicking the Knights of Ren's asses without breaking a sweat.
Which then only begs the question: How the hell were the KoR EVER considered a threat?

Sig by For Tyeth

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #339 on: June 08, 2020, 09:43:47 PM »

Before the dark times, before Disney, in legends Luke was a very powerful Jedi.  In the Darth Cadeus series, Luke crushes Cadeus' chair out from under him by merely tapping his finger.

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #340 on: June 08, 2020, 10:27:10 PM »

Which then only begs the question: How the hell were the KoR EVER considered a threat?

Before the dark times, before Disney, in legends Luke was a very powerful Jedi.  In the Darth Cadeus series, Luke crushes Cadeus' chair out from under him by merely tapping his finger.

And later on he Cut a Sith lord into 5 pieces in Zero G.  Then during another fight used One Sith as a club to smack down another one....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #341 on: June 09, 2020, 02:35:43 PM »

And later on he Cut a Sith lord into 5 pieces in Zero G.  Then during another fight used One Sith as a club to smack down another one....
But that's too violent. We can't teach kids that a hero can be badass....unless it's a girl that never has to try in order to gain ability.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2020, 08:30:06 PM »

But that's too violent. We can't teach kids that a hero can be badass....unless it's a girl that never has to try in order to gain ability.

Too Right. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #343 on: June 15, 2020, 01:41:37 PM »

Too Right. 
If I ever get MY SW story produced, it will require an R rating for violence.

Sig by For Tyeth

DOA40
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -19

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #344 on: June 20, 2020, 11:17:19 PM »

Going back to the whole "bleeding crystal" thing, there was a comic that showed when Darth Vader bled the crystal that went into his lightsaber shortly after his fall to the Dark Side.  Won't spoil it, but it's an interesting story.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Arbiter-Basic Sound Mystery Box-Fire Orange

Dark Mantis-Basic Sound Saber-Violet Amethyst

Emperor's Hand-Emerald Sound Saber-Consular Green

Renegade LE-Premium Sound Saber-Blazing Red

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: