Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 142511 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2020, 06:07:01 PM »

With regards to who was the most epic of Sith Lord's with a lightsaber I think people miss exactly how good Kas'im was! It's partially covered on pg 11 of this topic but not done true justice. Like Sidious, Kas'im is a master of all the Forms to the point he can teach them. He also, as stated is not as strongly oriented toward Force powered combat, he's called blademaster. His master taught him everything he knew, then was killed by him. Ultimately to test himself, to see if he really was that good; plus this is a Sith surrounded by war like infighting of older Sith culture. So he was kind of "the best of the best" of his day. On top of this, at his best Bane stood no chance of victory in lightsaber combat against him. Seeing Sidious death battle Kas'im with only relying on the Force to guide their blade combat, I doubt the Emperor would stand a chance unless you shave off some decades of age without diminishing skills he gained in that time. Note that Kas'im was rightly confident of defeating any foe wielding a single blade (even if horrifyingly powerful in the Force). He's got my bet for the Pure Duelist Award. If the Brotherhood of Darkness, in the middle of a war, says you're the best of the best (especially with the egos in that crowd) that's gotta mean something.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2020, 10:34:46 AM »

Does Sith Lightning last for durations beyond the wielder's control?

Referring to the Emperor cooking himself twice; once against Windu and the other during Vader's coup.

Also referencing Darth Bane's self-toasting at the end of Rule of Two.

This is interesting because based off what I know I believed I had the answer, but I looked to verify just to be sure. I'm using a non professional understanding, rooted in science, and trying not to make it too dry/hard to understand. Force lightning is for our purposes fueled by hate/anger in this case. We also accept that these Sith Lords while trained to command/control such things could (and do) lose control due to outside influences. Not a simple "combat high" but orbalisks for Bane in his past. Though, in this instance I want to reference the pain trigger. Think of it this way I hate my opponent, using hate as fuel I call upon the Force to generate lightning, now the unexpected/unusual circumstance happens (it being deflected back to it's source somehow), this creates a closed loop so no more discharging of lightning it's getting fed back to the source in a closed loop. So if you're still following me here, I'm getting fried by my own lightning! Pain is produced adding to anger/hate "throwing more fuel on the fire" overriding conscious control and feeding subconsciously into the Dark Side of the Force. This in turn generates more lightning (like it or not) in addition to the electricity being channeled back into me. It's now a "positive" feedback loop, meaning it doesn't need me purposively pouring in fuel because it's out of control and feeding itself! This is triggering oscillation (getting locked in to the highest or lowest point of output) in this case extremely high frequency. Summing it up, the switch is thrown to the on position and the guy who did it is electrified in the process. But unlike a normal human he's also the generator to an extent not just a conduit. Kicking out his max power of lightning and trapped by it till something breaks the circuit. It's really a testament to the power of these Dark Lords of the Sith to have survived the lightning at all in these cases. Especially since their intent was to kill. Anyone who has experienced or witnessed someone accidentally coming into contact with a live wire above a certain voltage understands this. Like the taser example, you lock up and can't disconnect till the ride is over or someone breaks the circuit. This should essentially state why IMO no matter how great their degree of control, they literally couldn't help themselves in these situations. The Dark Side has it's dangers in pursuit/use of power. Often casually accepted as cost of doing business or ignored out of arrogance in one's ability. But combat throws the unexpected at us, and sometimes there is no immediate counter... you take the hit. Possibly part of why these moments are so iconic. If you have "absolute power" what else can destroy you but your own power? Not that that stops a Sith Lord from seeking it anyway. Guilty as charged.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2020, 11:23:41 AM »

So, Dark Side, is it really inherently "Dark", or is it really the path of passions and emotions, and just called dark by the Jedi because they hide from their feelings, and the Sith embrace the moniker because it serves our purposes?
Sadly to this point I'd have to argue that the Dark Side of the Force is inherently "Dark". I would say this for many reasons throughout EU lore and Darth Traya's insights in games as well. Heck, even the movies back it up to an extent. It's like the saying "the proof is in the pudding" meaning the result speaks for itself, in this case. The Dark Side can corrupt/control it's followers. Also corrupting/tainting parts of the environment, entire planets, or locally destroying the Force itself on occasion. Meaning something that is everywhere at once, and in all of us, when used in this manner by someone with a high enough level of mastery can actually purposefully (or even unintentionally) destroy the Force itself or everyone attached to it within a radius. Take that in for a moment, a seemingly infinite, eternal, and potentially conscious/sentient, nigh all powerful, energy that dictates all life and death, (but also moving everyone around like chess pieces or puppets) CAN be wounded or possibly killed on a large enough scale! The Dark Side can be used to accomplish this, basically wielded to kill itself in a way. If that isn't inherently dark I don't quite know what to call it. We term being self destructive as dark. Call it being in a "dark place" or so many other examples from psychology. That aside it drives its users to madness more often than not. Returning to the part about corruption it can turn a lake into poison. Though notably that was Jedi seeking to contain large scale Dark Side energy on a planet in a single location since they couldn't "cleanse" it. One of my favorite examples is Darth Zannah using Sith Sorcery to channel/manifest pure Dark Side energy. It instantly destroyed anything it came into contact with, that's pretty dang "dark". Vitiate knew how dark his mastery of the Dark Side was in attempting to hide it even from other Sith for all of time, many of which calling it a "crime" but still it is the Dark Side that allows this to even be possible. When Nihilus learns a similar technique he can't even control it eventually, subconsciously killing everything that gets close enough basically. Don't get me wrong, I love and try to embrace the Dark Side but the inherent risks can't all be contributed to user errors. Jedi and Grey Jedi/Sith must keep away from the deepest depths of the dark for a more profound reason. So I leave you with a quote from Nietzsche, "...if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #363 on: November 20, 2020, 11:38:31 AM »

Just to clarify Im about to be referring strictly to current canon,

See I've never been quite so sure. Because sure losing Alderaan in the grand scheme of things might not have been devastating to the force as a whole it would have been noticeable. Think about it, theres been a slowly escalating war for thousands of years that everytime one side "wins" the other side comes back twice as strong and kills a whole lot of life in the process. For a loooooong time. When we have now the First Order coming out and wiping out entire star systems in one fell swoop, whats the next step? I really dont think the force is trying to "balance" by equivocating the sides of the war-in fact I dont believe Anakin is/was even the chosen one. I think the chosen one is going to end the war between light and dark. Stop the cycle in its tracks. No more continuing escalation of genocide. It's only a theory, but I like to think thats how it all works Smiley
I remember hearing that was the original intent of the original trilogy. Before Disney threw the concept "out the window" to keep the war going in new creative directions. Vader's sacrifice and Luke's reinvented order being meant to de-escalate it by holding a more middle ground. I could be wrong, because I was young then and not as into reading the books after Episode VI. But I remember that being the warm fuzzy feeling/ moral to the story (before even Lucas got mesmerized by the money to be made perpetually) and note that instead of going forward chronologically he initially went backward. Seeming to imply less road in front of us, the end is nigh, so lets go back to the beginning and tell how this war came to be instead. In truth this is more so just my opinion, and not as based in what I've learned. And with new canon I could care less about being right on this point. It seems like a moot point now that is purely academic.

Darth Jar Jar was supposed to be the one to bring about true balance, but everyone shamed him into obscurity. So he didn't get the character development he deserved and faded into mediocrity.  Roll Eyes

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #364 on: November 23, 2020, 05:27:11 PM »

New Information:
Intent on expanding learning here, and following the spirit of the generation of this topic, I offer this to the Sith Academy.
https://issuu.com/brandodimichele/docs/book_of_sith_-_secrets_from_the_dar
To the best of my knowledge (and as of this date/time) this is a link to the "collection" Book of Sith. While I plan on (and suggest) acquiring a physical copy of Star Wars-Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side by Daniel Wallace, I also understand these are trying times. Overcoming obstacles builds strength, thus if this provides a greater understanding of the Dark Side so be it. Indeed this preview should inspire a craving to add a copy to your personal archives all the more, since the internet can be a shifting sea of information. For websites, links, and servers all come and go, but a physical copy has to be relinquished or pried from one's hands. Until such a time, happy reading; I plan on burning through as much of it as I can in the mean time. May the Force serve you well.

Kyle Starz
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #365 on: December 17, 2020, 04:10:45 AM »

Do you think that Namman Cha from the Star Wars Galaxies card game was a good Sith. They were a user of Jar'kai and I really admire them. I am new to the Sith for I started as a Gray Jedi hiding my powers and training on my own. This order showed me the light and it's history is legendary. I do not prefer double shoto blades. (Shoto blade: 24 inch blades A.K.A Initiate blades, 16 inch blades A.K.A mini blades) I like 32 inch blades. A one handed reverse grip user leads to disadvantages. We found I way to avoid those problems buy giving those Sith, Gray, or Jedi 2 reverse grip shoto lightsabers. I've read the holocrons message on Jar'Kai many times. I still don't understand. I have an Initiate v4 lightsaber. I hold it with my defense hand (right) and reverse it (check the holocron) I have learned and nearly mastered the reverse grip form. I just need guidance from a higher rank. For I'm a Sith Assassin (Inquisitor) Apprentice. Nothing of your likes.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #366 on: December 18, 2020, 02:23:08 AM »

Do you think that Namman Cha from the Star Wars Galaxies card game was a good Sith.

I do not prefer double shoto blades. (Shoto blade: 24 inch blades A.K.A Initiate blades, 16 inch blades A.K.A mini blades) I like 32 inch blades.

A one handed reverse grip user leads to disadvantages. We found I way to avoid those problems buy giving those Sith, Gray, or Jedi 2 reverse grip shoto lightsabers. I've read the holocrons message on Jar'Kai many times. I still don't understand. I have an Initiate v4 lightsaber. I hold it with my defense hand (right) and reverse it (check the holocron) I have learned and nearly mastered the reverse grip form. I just need guidance from a higher rank. For I'm a Sith Assassin (Inquisitor) Apprentice. Nothing of your likes.

From what I've read on Namman Cha, I like his style and skills. He appears to be a worthy Sith indeed, as good a role model as any to base your personal fighting style off of.

From my own experience and what I've read, I also wouldn't advise Jar'Kai with dual shotos. For the most part, the most commonly used style I've heard used (and tend to practice myself) is one shoto style blade and a more traditional "standard" length blade combination. Standard placed in your dominant hand and shoto in your off hand. There are many variations ofcourse based off user preference, and how you plan to fight. There is even a style of Jar'Kai created by one of the Masters using a double bladed lightsaber in one hand and a standard blade in the other (which I am attempting to learn/improve at because of how cool and versatile this combination is.)
I personally use much longer blades when dual wielding for several reasons, sacrificing some maneuverability/speed in preference of reach added from extra length is one of these reasons. Also simply the equipment I have on hand dictates what I'm practicing with, 31-32" actual exposed blade length on my "short" saber & 34" from emitter to tip on the other. I also own an Initiate v4 (the longer saber) and my shorter one is a Dark Apprentice v4 (with a twin and QR "quick release" Coupler to form a saberstaff). So obviously I on occasion use the 2 DA sabers in each hand, basically using two 32" blades for Jar'Kai practice as well. So I share your view, and appreciate a bit longer lightsaber in combat.

When it comes down to mentorship I can only offer advice to you. I can tell you "how I do things, or in my opinion what works for me"; but since I do not have the rank of Master on this forum, when it comes down to actual definitive instruction I'm not permitted to do so here. Especially since I can't "see" what you're doing, to be able to offer corrective actions. Also although you chose to come to a great location for Sith instruction, this particular place is not ideal for lightsaber instruction. What I can do is give you guidance on where you may seek out the knowledge and technique you crave:
On the main page, scroll down to Way of the Saber and click on Saber Combat, somewhere within are the answers you seek and qualified combat Masters who may very likely be willing to guide you, answer questions, and point you toward instructional videos. It should be pretty easy to find Cang Snow, he is quite helpful and has a whole host of videos (although I am unsure if any are Jar'Kai) so it may be a good starting point/point of contact.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23125.0  Is a post by Darth Cephalus on Non-Combat saber spinning, with a Jar'Kai section that may at least be helpful for building
                                                                                 flexibility and getting your arms used to some of the movements/comfortable switching between normal and reverse grip.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TerraPrimeLightsaber  Was posted by Racona Nova, suggesting TPLA's videos. I just looked quickly and they had a "coordinating two lightsabers at once, introductory Jar'Kai" video posted there.
https://www.youtube.com/user/venturous1v/featured Is the link to the youtube page of Master Venturous, one of the listed Resident Masters on Saber Combat. His page had 6-8 videos dedicated to using dual lightsabers as well.

These are some links I've provided you for ease of access and to start you off. Although I highly suggest scrolling through the many pages of the Saber Combat section to further your learning, you never know who/what you might find digging there. I find it a worthwhile endeavor, much as Darth Bane chose to expand upon his own instruction with older hidden lessons. I applaud your efforts to become the best duelist you can be, and your dedication to training and learning is what will provide results. Keep working at it, and do so in a way that avoids unnecessary injuries to yourself or others... Being careful helps avoid delays in training, or potentially damaging your lightsabers.

ALSO I suggest joining or starting a Topic within the Saber Combat section for further discussions along this line... Since this place is dedicated to all Sith studies, not solely lightsaber forms. I do eagerly await your further development, and the results of your training. It would be great if you feel comfortable posting videos within a topic you create, then others may be able to help advise you more specifically. As long as we all continue to train, the Sith are eternal. So may the Force serve you well in your quest to master lightsaber combat.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #367 on: February 13, 2021, 04:36:34 AM »

The truth behind the Jedi:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUrWyPJqeSk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUrWyPJqeSk</a>

And the best description of why humans tend towards Sith ideology:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZfwW3EcIDo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZfwW3EcIDo</a>

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #368 on: February 13, 2021, 07:39:11 AM »

Love me some Star Wars Theory.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #369 on: February 13, 2021, 09:49:29 PM »

Love me some Star Wars Theory.

That's technically Super Carlin Bros, not Star Wars Theory. Personally I find their Harry Potter stuff better than their Star Wars.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

the Sith Order
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

I am the Force, the Force is with me.

« Reply #370 on: July 14, 2021, 03:19:59 PM »

Even Sith don’t kill.

The Force is all of the good things inside of you. Compassion creates the Force. It is the Force. Love is the Force. To Serve the Force, to be Purely Devoted to the Force, and to become the Force, returning to One’s Constitutional Position within It, is the Way. Merging into the Force fully brings Truth to the Jedi. Keeping the Force balanced can only be done through the Will of the Force. So ask the Force to dwell in you fully, and become who you are Forever meant to Be.

the Sith Order
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

I am the Force, the Force is with me.

« Reply #371 on: July 14, 2021, 03:36:44 PM »

Sith means Healer in all languages.

I Love You.

The Force is all of the good things inside of you. Compassion creates the Force. It is the Force. Love is the Force. To Serve the Force, to be Purely Devoted to the Force, and to become the Force, returning to One’s Constitutional Position within It, is the Way. Merging into the Force fully brings Truth to the Jedi. Keeping the Force balanced can only be done through the Will of the Force. So ask the Force to dwell in you fully, and become who you are Forever meant to Be.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #372 on: July 20, 2021, 06:04:37 PM »

Even Sith don’t kill.
Tell that to Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin...

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #373 on: July 20, 2021, 06:16:32 PM »

Tell that to Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin...

.....Qui-Gon Jin, Assaj Ventress, Savage Opress, The Younglings...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #374 on: July 20, 2021, 06:30:57 PM »

.....Qui-Gon Jin, Assaj Ventress, Savage Opress, The Younglings...
And all the others

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up