Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 142496 times)
Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2016, 10:54:45 PM »

Zannah remained a hottie. Talon was left unscathed, but I think that was nerd-boys being nerd-boys. Malgus was pretty handsome (outside the grey skin) until he tried to stop a missile with his face, and then had a thermal detonator go off by his head, and then got Force slammed so hard into a mountain it left a hole.

According to what I've read in Revan, older members of the Sith Order do show the "fugly" effects of the Dark Side. Darth Nyriss was supposed to have shown these ravages to such a degree that even her smile made Lord Scourge want to cringe. (Yikes)

Lol Malgus is awesome.

It's also worth noting that there was a near immediate change in Anakin's looks (most noticeable in his eyes)  after he fell to the dark side.

And if you'll notice, In ROTS Vader didn't have the typical gray skin look commonly associated with the Sith,

Whereas he did in ROTJ -- obviously the result of years of DS use.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2016, 07:39:29 AM »

I think Vader's skin coloration change was due mostly lack of exposure to any natural light source for years.  Fairly certain that his meditation chamber where he could remove his mask for a short time probably didn't have a sun lamp.

And I liked that Satel had to hit Malgus twice to shove him through the mountain.  Then he goes and hunts down two more jedi, one of whom drops a building on him, before Malgus literally incinerate him with Force Lightning.  Then he goes and gets medical attention.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2016, 05:15:02 PM »

It's also worth noting that there was a near immediate change in Anakin's looks (most noticeable in his eyes)  after he fell to the dark side.

I believe this change in the eyes was due to being "in the moment" of channeling the Dark Side, because after he's done killin' his eyes revert back to their normal color.

And if you'll notice, In ROTS Vader didn't have the typical gray skin look commonly associated with the Sith,

Whereas he did in ROTJ -- obviously the result of years of DS use.

It's also also worth noting, that Vader didn't have any skin left after the Battle of Mustifar.

I think Vader's skin coloration change was due mostly lack of exposure to any natural light source for years.  Fairly certain that his meditation chamber where he could remove his mask for a short time probably didn't have a sun lamp.

Vader still has pigment in his skin in ESB, and apparently it is just the lighting in the docking bay that gives him the grey coloring. Also, the Emperor in ROTJ was pale, but not grey. I feel that they kind of screwed up the continuity in ROTS by making his skin too grey.

And I liked that Satel had to hit Malgus twice to shove him through the mountain.  Then he goes and hunts down two more jedi, one of whom drops a building on him, before Malgus literally incinerate him with Force Lightning.  Then he goes and gets medical attention.

From what little I've managed to read about Malgus, he is not one to be underestimated. According to the Book of the Sith, his rage was so substantial that after he is told of a comrade's death that his scream was enough to make the ears of the bridge crew bleed. Also while this was going on, the Force was literally shredding Republic battle ships. Whether or not this effect was conscious, I cannot say. But it does go to further prove that Malgus had serious anger issues. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2016, 07:57:05 PM »

It is. The tomato reference is well older than I am.

Anyway, we're getting off course.

Thank you both, Logos and Viv, and sorry for going off topic.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2016, 09:05:50 PM »

Thank you both, Logos and Viv, and sorry for going off topic.

When you roll with me it's bound to happen.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2016, 09:30:48 PM »

When you roll with me it's bound to happen.

Yes, now that you mention it, I realize it's very true. Wink

Hey! You set me up for another completely off topic post. Tongue

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2016, 12:42:29 AM »

From what little I've managed to read about Malgus, he is not one to be underestimated. According to the Book of the Sith, his rage was so substantial that after he is told of a comrade's death that his scream was enough to make the ears of the bridge crew bleed. Also while this was going on, the Force was literally shredding Republic battle ships. Whether or not this effect was conscious, I cannot say. But it does go to further prove that Malgus had serious anger issues. Wink

Technically they were just space superiority fighters, and he just over loaded their fuel cells so they exploded, but yes, he was grumpy at the time.

I don't think I'd say he had anger issues, since most of the time he was able to channel his rage into something useful.  I don't know if you've seen th cinematic of him getting blasted into the mountain, but he's clearly using his anger and rage to fight against Satel's force push and until she Hadooken's him with the second blast, he's actually winning, pulling himself away from the mountain.

Here's the Wookieepedia article on him, and it's a very good read: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Malgus

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2016, 03:56:08 PM »

I don't think I'd say he had anger issues, since most of the time he was able to channel his rage into something useful.  I don't know if you've seen th cinematic of him getting blasted into the mountain, but he's clearly using his anger and rage to fight against Satel's force push and until she Hadooken's him with the second blast, he's actually winning, pulling himself away from the mountain.

Seen it many times. I wasn't being serious about having issues, but one has to admit that his anger is palpable. You can see it in how he fights; in the expressions on his face.

Kham-ryn described to me from his study of the character that Malgus was a being of pure anger/hatred (can't remember the exact term he used). I gathered from that, that Eleena was the only being he truly had any other feelings for.

Sig by For Tyeth

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2016, 06:29:53 PM »

Stickied this topic per the request of others - its counterpart the Jedi Academy also got a sticky so make sure to visit it too.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=28154.0

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2016, 03:59:37 PM »

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2016, 04:26:12 PM »

Cool holocron...I LOVE the colors in it...where did that come from?

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2016, 06:45:38 PM »

Cool holocron...I LOVE the colors in it...where did that come from?

Many google searches, and lots of boredom...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

CrimzonNinja
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2016, 06:50:40 PM »

dang! that is bad ass! i always thought the sith holocron was cooler looking...ill looking into making my own maybe Smiley and a jedi holocron

DarthVyral
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -23

Sith Lord. Dark Side Points wanted.

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2016, 04:50:10 AM »

Many google searches, and lots of boredom...lol

That is really cool. I would love to get one made where it was my character's holocron.

dang! that is bad ass! i always thought the sith holocron was cooler looking...ill looking into making my own maybe Smiley and a jedi holocron

The sith holocrons are cooler looking. They are shaped like pyramids instead of stupid cubes. It is said in the Book of Sith that the sith holocrons are designed to incorporate great power.

"The Jedi shall fall. The Republic will crumble. And I shall rule the Sith as the new Emperor of the Galaxy!" - Darth Vyral, Dark Lord of the Sith.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2016, 01:40:34 PM »

Alright, I hate to be "that guy", but this thread was intended solely for educational purposes, and not for general chitchat.

These are some good Sith hangouts:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=26429.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11019.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23475.0
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:43:43 PM by Darth Logos » Logged

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: