Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 142473 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2017, 10:18:59 PM »

Not what I'm asking

What are you asking then?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2017, 10:32:37 PM »

Like why, when the Emperor realized that Vader had picked him up, (or was in the process of falling) didn't he turn off the lightning?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Light or Dark Side points

« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2017, 10:58:42 PM »

People often don't do the most rational thing when falling to their doom

Wishlist: Bellicose Diamond V4

There is no Dark Side nor a Light Side, there is only the Force.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2017, 11:15:34 PM »

Like why, when the Emperor realized that Vader had picked him up, (or was in the process of falling) didn't he turn off the lightning?

Okay, well in that case, I think it is more of like when you are tased. Your muscles all seize up and you cant stop doing what you are doing. Probably doesn't make since with the Force, but not much does.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2017, 11:44:51 PM »

Vader grabbed him in his tickle spots?

More likely that Palpatine was surprised and doing the Sith Lightning equivalent of flailing around trying to fry Vader before he got tossed.  And after he got tossed he was just angry about it and lashing out.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2017, 01:31:03 AM »

He was zapping Vader, who resisted/endured long enough to finish tossin' Palpatine down the hole. Palpatine just didn't reach around behind him to get direct aim.

So, there you are, soaking up your delicious victory as you focus all your hate into a little brat that's just insulted you for the last time, when the only man you've ever trusted steps in close behind you, placing his hands on you with firm grip on your shoulder and your left buttock. You're feeling more than one kind of electricity spark tonight. He lifts you into the air as you begin to recall the romantic scene when Patrick Swayze lifts Jennifer Grey. Before you can say, "Not now, my Lord Vader," he tosses you into the reactor of your own galactic conquering device. Now, that'll de-ignite your lightsaber real fast.

Wink Shocked  Cheesy  Roll Eyes

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -47

« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2017, 02:38:19 AM »

Did the Sith Knights under Revan's Sith Empire have the title of Darth, or did they simply use their real names?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightsabers owned: Dark Apprentice V4 LE saber staff in Blazing Red, Dominix V4 in Blazing Red, Mantis in Consular Green, Fulcrum in Guardian Blue, Archon V3 in Sentinel Yellow, Intiate V4 LE saber staff in Consular Green, Renegade LE saberspear in FO, Dark Catalyst in VA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2017, 01:59:34 PM »

People often don't do the most rational thing when falling to their doom
One would naturally assume that falling might be a good focus breaker, and that the lightning would have ceased. But he continues firing aaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllll the way down.

Vader grabbed him in his tickle spots?
-1 for the laugh.

More likely that Palpatine was surprised and doing the Sith Lightning equivalent of flailing around trying to fry Vader before he got tossed.  And after he got tossed he was just angry about it and lashing out.
Undecided But Sidious is a survivor. I doubt he would waste time pitching a fit. That's Vader's shtick. Maybe it's just that good ol' Sith tenacity. I'm not going to stop my attack from a mere hiccup.

He was zapping Vader, who resisted/endured long enough to finish tossin' Palpatine down the hole. Palpatine just didn't reach around behind him to get direct aim.

So, there you are, soaking up your delicious victory as you focus all your hate into a little brat that's just insulted you for the last time, when the only man you've ever trusted steps in close behind you, placing his hands on you with firm grip on your shoulder and your left buttock. You're feeling more than one kind of electricity spark tonight. He lifts you into the air as you begin to recall the romantic scene when Patrick Swayze lifts Jennifer Grey. Before you can say, "Not now, my Lord Vader," he tosses you into the reactor of your own galactic conquering device. Now, that'll de-ignite your lightsaber real fast.

Wink Shocked  Cheesy  Roll Eyes
I like your thinking on the first part. However, Sidious trusted no one. Especially Vader. The Emperor ruled through fear. So the less you had to fear from him, the greater the liability you were. Vader would have had the greatest chances at direct resistance, ergo he was the greatest threat to Sidious' reign. Haven't read, but I've heard that Lords of the Sith highlights their relationship, and how Sidious gave him sub-par prosthetics so that he would be more easily managed.

Did the Sith Knights under Revan's Sith Empire have the title of Darth, or did they simply use their real names?
I don't believe the title of Darth was ever freely handed out (until Saber Forum Roll Eyes). It designated a certain level of skill as well as dedication. Similar to the Sith Acolytes not being at the same level as a Sith Lord.

In the Bane trilogy, Darth Bane reasoned that the Brotherhood of Darkness was actually afraid of the title, and what kind of power it represented. When Bane embraced his destiny as the Sith'ari, he reinstated the title's use, as he would make sure it was bestowed only upon the worthy.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2017, 03:59:29 PM »

Much appreciated Lord Logos. My character that I cosplay as is a Sith Knight and I needed to know if I needed a Darth title as well.

Lightsabers owned: Dark Apprentice V4 LE saber staff in Blazing Red, Dominix V4 in Blazing Red, Mantis in Consular Green, Fulcrum in Guardian Blue, Archon V3 in Sentinel Yellow, Intiate V4 LE saber staff in Consular Green, Renegade LE saberspear in FO, Dark Catalyst in VA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »

Much appreciated Lord Logos. My character that I cosplay as is a Sith Knight and I needed to know if I needed a Darth title as well.
Won't make much difference. People will see a red saber and immediately call you Darth. Tongue

However, I'm not as up to snuff on Revan-era TOR.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Xocni
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -48

The Dark Side gives me strength

« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2017, 09:36:07 PM »

They weren't even Sith. Revan and Malak were the only Sith in the known galaxy at that time. The "Sith" under their command were Dark Jedi.

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

"Failure and disobedience are one and the same... In the Sith tongue both translate as "treason". That is the wisdom of the ancients!"

Initiate LE V2 "Justice" - GB UEMG
Overlord "Ari iv Azinimas" - BR UEHG Obsidian V4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2017, 10:05:52 PM »

They weren't even Sith. Revan and Malak were the only Sith in the known galaxy at that time. The "Sith" under their command were Dark Jedi.
Not so. The Sith existed in what was then called the Unknown Regions; areas of the galaxy previously uncharted by the Republic. Revan and Malak's wills were usurped by the most powerful evil the galaxy had ever known: Emperor Vitiate. Revan's forces were then used as a litmus test to gauge the strength of the Republic and the Jedi. Almost 300 years later, the Sith Empire showed its face and declared war against the Republic. (SWTOR)

The Sith go back at least 20,000 BBY. Revan didn't show up until roughly 3500 BBY.

Sig by For Tyeth

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2017, 10:39:58 PM »

Fair enough. Same point though really, just different names.

Darth Xocni
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -48

The Dark Side gives me strength

« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2017, 12:33:24 AM »

Not so. The Sith existed in what was then called the Unknown Regions; areas of the galaxy previously uncharted by the Republic. Revan and Malak's wills were usurped by the most powerful evil the galaxy had ever known: Emperor Vitiate. Revan's forces were then used as a litmus test to gauge the strength of the Republic and the Jedi. Almost 300 years later, the Sith Empire showed its face and declared war against the Republic. (SWTOR)

The Sith go back at least 20,000 BBY. Revan didn't show up until roughly 3500 BBY.
Republic didn't know about the Sith in the Unknown Regions. Hence my saying "known galaxy".

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

"Failure and disobedience are one and the same... In the Sith tongue both translate as "treason". That is the wisdom of the ancients!"

Initiate LE V2 "Justice" - GB UEMG
Overlord "Ari iv Azinimas" - BR UEHG Obsidian V4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2017, 04:15:00 PM »

Republic didn't know about the Sith in the Unknown Regions. Hence my saying "known galaxy".
Who was involved in the Stark Hyperspace War?

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: