Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 142476 times)
Darth Xocni
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -48

The Dark Side gives me strength

« Reply #195 on: January 18, 2017, 11:53:58 PM »

Who was involved in the Stark Hyperspace War?
What I'm saying is that the Republic and Jedi thought that Revan and Malak were the only Sith. Traya, Sion and Nihilus proved them wrong as did the Sith Empire when it retook Korriban.

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

"Failure and disobedience are one and the same... In the Sith tongue both translate as "treason". That is the wisdom of the ancients!"

Initiate LE V2 "Justice" - GB UEMG
Overlord "Ari iv Azinimas" - BR UEHG Obsidian V4

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2017, 02:02:53 AM »

Probably not Tony. Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2017, 03:58:12 AM »

The Republic versus the Stark Commercial Combine.  The war lasted only a year (44 BBY), and you'll be shocked to learn that it was orchestrated by Darth Sidious as part of his plan to take over the Galaxy.  Notable events from the war include Nute Gunray becoming Vicroy of the Trade Federation, and Finis Valorum becoming chancellor.

See here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stark_Hyperspace_War

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »

Probably not Tony. Grin

Shut up

What I'm saying is that the Republic and Jedi thought that Revan and Malak were the only Sith. Traya, Sion and Nihilus proved them wrong as did the Sith Empire when it retook Korriban.

Did some research last night. Found out 2 things.

1) There is a difference between the Stark HS Conflict and the HSWar.
2) The Stark Conflict took place 44 BBY, while the Hyperspace War took place in 5000 BBY, between the Republic and the Sith Empire. This was back in the time of Naga Sadow, roughly 1500yrs before Revan. The defeat of Sadow resulted in his self-imposed exile to Yavin 4.

The Republic versus the Stark Commercial Combine.  The war lasted only a year (44 BBY), and you'll be shocked to learn that it was orchestrated by Darth Sidious as part of his plan to take over the Galaxy.  Notable events from the war include Nute Gunray becoming Vicroy of the Trade Federation, and Finis Valorum becoming chancellor.

See here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stark_Hyperspace_War

Don't know where/if the mix up came from (might just be me), but from reading Cloak of deception, I can't remember whether that was when he was made viceroy, or simply the Neimoidians were left in control of the Federation. I'm inclined to the latter, but the memory is foggy today.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2017, 12:28:00 PM »

The way Twi'leks ought to always look:

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2017, 02:12:39 PM »

The way Twi'leks ought to always look:

As much as I approve, this thread is more for information and discussion rather than random awesome.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »

I know.  My apologies.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2017, 08:50:13 PM »

Well, from the books I've read so far I found only the Darth Bane trilogy and now the Plagueis which stands out and shows some exciting intelligence behind the Dark Side. Others seemed to be one dimensional and they couldn't really elevate to a level beyond simple arrogancy to even remembering them so my memories are vague here and there Smiley

On the other hand the whole Lucas universe is a complete mess if we want to dig deeper than the surface. As it was mentioned before, the mind trick is pretty much one point where the concept is bleeding and force push is the other for jedis (however in the D20 RPG it was somewhat regulated in use and wouldn't cause any interference using it on non-living creatures like droids. But everywhere else it's being used with a great smile.)
All seem to go back to the good and bad opposition.
It's my very personal opinion but if the jedi order also has the concept in mind about good and bad and it's just somehow different to the others' approach, then they are not really legitim to "guard the galaxy" Smiley
In my theoretical jedi order there's no good and bad but things as they are. Guarding means intervention and needs a concept to back it up. The Dark Side is also just a label to another concept which is different and - how funny - the whole "light" and "dark" names are established by those who claim to be the light Smiley

So I agree to move away a bit from the core of the movie-line when it comes to research and contemplation. Certainly and interesting discussion. Can't wait for the jedi academy to be set up too Smiley

Plagueis is a stand-alone classic for any Star Wars fanatic. It is the one novel in the canon(or non-canon or legends or whatever) that draws me back time after time & never disappoints.
It can chill you to the bone with its emotional depth in a way no other SW book does.

Not saying I have read them all (but I have read a great deal of em lol)

The Lucas universe & beyond is a mess!  But its our mess & I love it.  Grin

Edit: Ahh, I seem to have commented on something from about a year ago. Apologies. My very late comment stands though. Grin

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2018, 09:49:27 PM »

So then, I've been thinking on something brought up in a conversation with Logos and I.  Why has the force been so under-utilized, especially on the dark side of things.  So much potential for just plain visceral pain, violence, and destruction, but yet it keeps being nerfed, overall.  Is it just the writers not wanting to be that brutal?  A perception that audiences in the wider sense won't accept it?  Small minds and short sightedness? 

Sure, force choke is great for dramatic effect in punishing underlings who fail, but what about force crushing someone's heart?  Ripping the skin from their body?  Sending a force push THROUGH the aorta and causing cascading brain aneurysms...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2018, 09:56:42 PM »

Such potential lost... Thats ok, gives us creative thinkers an advantage over our adversaries

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2018, 10:07:35 PM »

So then, I've been thinking on something brought up in a conversation with Logos and I.  Why has the force been so under-utilized, especially on the dark side of things.  So much potential for just plain visceral pain, violence, and destruction, but yet it keeps being nerfed, overall.  Is it just the writers not wanting to be that brutal?  A perception that audiences in the wider sense won't accept it?  Small minds and short sightedness? 

Sure, force choke is great for dramatic effect in punishing underlings who fail, but what about force crushing someone's heart?  Ripping the skin from their body?  Sending a force push THROUGH the aorta and causing cascading brain aneurysms...
In Path of Destruction, Darth Bane  [SPOILER ALERTS]

1) crushed a "superior" lord bodily, leaving a mangled heap that once resembled a human.
2) stopped his father's heart before he knew he was a Force sensitive.
3) scared the piss out of a hungry rancor just from his DS aura, and then subsequently broke its will and subjugated it into being his ride to the temple of Darth Revan (I believe)

The bigger issues in using the Force against an opponent arise when that foe is Force sensitive as well. One of the first things taught by both Sith and Jedi is to guard against subtle Force attacks.

On a side note, I can't believe this thread has been dead for a year.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2018, 10:10:52 PM »

1) crushed a "superior" lord bodily, leaving a mangled heap that once resembled a human.
3) scared the piss out of a hungry rancor just from his DS aura, and then subsequently broke its will and subjugated it into being his ride to the temple of Darth Revan (I believe)

The bigger issues in using the Force against an opponent arise when that foe is Force sensitive as well. One of the first things taught by both Sith and Jedi is to guard against subtle Force attacks. In the book I'm currently reading, Jedi outcast vs. Jedi outcast, one countered a telekinetic attack by using the Force hold themselves to the ground.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2018, 10:11:56 PM »

The bigger issues in using the Force against an opponent arise when that foe is Force sensitive as well. One of the first things taught by both Sith and Jedi is to guard against subtle Force attacks.

Thanks for the spoilers, now send me the trilogy so I can read it.

We need to get it up and running again

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2018, 10:13:51 PM »

Thanks for the spoilers, now send me the trilogy so I can read it.
I gave you plenty of warning.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2018, 10:16:52 PM »

I gave you plenty of warning.
And I ignored it  Tongue

Still need to borrow the books

Darkside Points Please

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: