Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 143758 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #270 on: March 20, 2018, 03:33:16 PM »

HAHA!!! I DIG IT! Your an awesome Dark Lord! Points all the time but especially for that one.
Thanks, I try.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #271 on: May 06, 2018, 02:55:35 AM »

So is the term Sith Lord and the title Darth the same thing. I know Sidious was a Sith lord and also known as Darth Sidious. But for example, would Darth Maul or Darth Vader also be Sith Lords even though they were an apprentice to Sidious? Drop some knowledge on me.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #272 on: May 06, 2018, 03:42:01 AM »

So is the term Sith Lord and the title Darth the same thing. I know Sidious was a Sith lord and also known as Darth Sidious. But for example, would Darth Maul or Darth Vader also be Sith Lords even though they were an apprentice to Sidious? Drop some knowledge on me.

From what I could tell Darth and Sith Lord were interchangeable.  But, then there is the title of Dark Lord of the Sith, this was the title granted to the most powerful in the order and after Lord bane instituted the Rule of Two it was given to the Master while the Apprentice was a Sith Lord.  Palpatine shirked this tradition when he became Emperor by granting the title of Dark Lord to Vader.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2018, 02:36:05 PM »

Sith Lord and Dark Lord of the Sith are interchangeable; that is what someone is. Darth, however is a title.

Darth

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -26

Dark Side points appreciated.

« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2019, 05:16:46 AM »

It depends. My stance is that the power, or rather strength, of the Dark Side comes from the emotions one draws from when using it. Anger, Fear, Hatred. These are very strong negative emotions, which might explain why the Dark Side takes such a toll on its followers. Just as stress can manifest itself physically in the body, so too can these emotions reek havoc from being sustained for long periods. There have been cases of people actually "dying of a broken heart." They are emotionally wounded so badly that they have no to live and the body simply shuts down. Case in point: Padme Skywalker.

I have theorized though, that powerful positive emotions (Joy, Hope, Love) could be drawn from with similar effective strength. It was stated that Darth Plagueis had the ability to "prevent death" in others, but it is also noted that the Dark Side cannot be used to heal. For me this raises the question, did Darth Plagueis draw off these positive emotions despite being a Sith Lord?

Since the Jedi strive to remove emotion from their respective equation, I believe it limits the strength they get from the Force. Yes there are some Jedi of noted strength in the Force, Yoda for example. But think about how powerful he might be if he drew on his emotions. Shocked
Wow, very good points here Darth Logos. I've been enjoying this thread a lot, thanks for sharing. And I agree.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"   -Darth Vader

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2019, 01:37:30 PM »

Wow, very good points here Darth Logos. I've been enjoying this thread a lot, thanks for sharing. And I agree.
Thanks. I have long held the opinion that the true nature of the Force has never really been explored.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #276 on: February 15, 2019, 07:01:04 AM »

Thanks. I have long held the opinion that the true nature of the Force has never really been explored.

WHICH...Is where I thought the new films were headed....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2019, 02:46:07 PM »

WHICH...Is where I thought the new films were headed....
Whoops Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -26

Dark Side points appreciated.

« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2019, 11:01:12 AM »

Agreed! Especially since in these new films, it seems like the force is a dying "idea", many think of it as not even real. Rey thinking Skywalker was a myth in the force awakens, then having to be convinced by Han when he explains that the jedi.. the force.. its all real. It seems like many people have dispelled the force, and made it sound as if it was all imaginary. I hope it is reiterated and expanded on in films to come. Just a thought...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"   -Darth Vader

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2019, 09:49:55 PM »

I would very much like something to expand upon the idea of Sith magic. I feel we only got a small taste so far.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2019, 06:00:03 PM »

Agreed! Especially since in these new films, it seems like the force is a dying "idea", many think of it as not even real. Rey thinking Skywalker was a myth in the force awakens, then having to be convinced by Han when he explains that the jedi.. the force.. its all real. It seems like many people have dispelled the force, and made it sound as if it was all imaginary. I hope it is reiterated and expanded on in films to come. Just a thought...
Oh....that shell is just horrible writing.

I would very much like something to expand upon the idea of Sith magic. I feel we only got a small taste so far.
You're referring to what the Nightsisters practice?

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2019, 06:18:40 PM »

You're referring to what the Nightsisters practice?

As well as Darth Zannah. More so Zannah's version of it.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2019, 07:04:02 PM »

As well as Darth Zannah. More so Zannah's version of it.
Well........The Nightsisters refer to it as Magik (I think that's how they spell it), but it is really just use of the Force in a ritualistic manner. Zannah's abilities fall under the realm of Sith Sorcery. Being able to tap into someone's greatest fears and manipulating their perception. It's not an ability that is simply learned. But I highly doubt that Disney will incorporate it since it only ever appeared in the OCEU.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2019, 08:26:39 PM »

Yea...I get they wanted to maybe make Luke a Legend...but they could have easily done that with him retired as the Grandmaster and a new generation of Jedi have to seek him out after their temple is attacked.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #284 on: May 21, 2019, 03:00:57 PM »

See thats a headcanon i hope they explore in ROS.

Ive had this thought for awhile since the idea of the Living Force has become so prevalent in canon lately what if the constant war and killing has made the force weaker by nature. If the force is in and made up by all living things it stands to reason the less living things the weaker the force is. My headcanon for awhile is the force doesnt give a crap about the Jedi or Sith, and " balance" just refers to "stop blowing up planets you ding dongs"

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: