Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 144266 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #315 on: May 25, 2019, 12:56:53 AM »

Can't view the clip, and it's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember Son transforming and flying away from Mortis.

Yes, but they have the ship fixed by then and they chase Son down. He does not end up escaping, and all three of the Force Wielders die, once again leaving the Force in a balanced state, though because they all died, it left it balanced in such a way that the rest of the galaxy would be affected by those deaths, and more death would continue. Specifically through the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War, and I would assume, the second Galactic Civil War (First Order vs. Resistance).

Then what was the point? Crap, now I need to see it again. I thought they were still aware that something had taken place, and they still had the residual memories similar to those of dream. Feelings experienced in the dream continue to be felt despite not really remembering what happened. I've had those types of dreams. I remembered being euphorically happy, but that turned to sorrow when I realized it was a dream, but I couldn't remember what happened in the dream. (Not a great morning.) I viewed it like the residual was what Anakin was supposed to take away; to be careful when balancing his feelings and his choices. But like in Endgame, (NONSPOILER) if you know the future, how can you really make a choice?

They're memories were not erased (other than Anakin's specifically about the Vader dream). If you remember at the very end of the episode when they get back out of Mortis, they talk to Rex and he says something along the lines of "we lost you there for a second, what happened?" (speaking about losing contact), to which Anakin replies with something like "You wouldn't believe us if we told you". At least that is how I remember it. Haven't watched it in a while, and I don't have access to it anymore.

But Father was not completely aligned yet controlled both masterfully. That was why he wanted Anakin to take his place. This is why I feel that the arc works best as an interpretive vision.
As the Architect described, the One was a statistical likelihood of an anomaly, not the fulfillment of prophecy. The One was someone that would spell certain doom for the established order if not kept in check. There is a biblical parallel to this, but I'm not sure if the rules would allow me to elaborate on it. But in a similar fashion, the machines offered the One the same choice: fulfill your duty to the greater good, or serve yourself and doom everyone.

Quite the opposite. Father was completely aligned to balance. Or Gray if you'd like. He chose neither, and yet he chose both. It could be said that Father was the only true Neutral, that is how he could control both, but at the same time was not as powerful as either. Confusing, as all good storytelling should be.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #316 on: May 28, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »

In the scene the Father hugs the Son and Anakin stabs the Son through the back killing the Father as well.   
When did this happen?

Yes, but they have the ship fixed by then and they chase Son down. He does not end up escaping, and all three of the Force Wielders die, once again leaving the Force in a balanced state, though because they all died, it left it balanced in such a way that the rest of the galaxy would be affected by those deaths, and more death would continue. Specifically through the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War, and I would assume, the second Galactic Civil War (First Order vs. Resistance).
This sounds like new season.

Their memories were not erased (other than Anakin's specifically about the Vader dream). If you remember at the very end of the episode when they get back out of Mortis, they talk to Rex and he says something along the lines of "we lost you there for a second, what happened?" (speaking about losing contact), to which Anakin replies with something like "You wouldn't believe us if we told you". At least that is how I remember it. Haven't watched it in a while, and I don't have access to it anymore.
Vaguely remember. But that could have also been referring to just a radio silence. If all three were conked out, they would have been able to respond, and therefore would have raised red flags.

Quite the opposite. Father was completely aligned to balance. Or Gray if you'd like. He chose neither, and yet he chose both. It could be said that Father was the only true Neutral, that is how he could control both, but at the same time was not as powerful as either. Confusing, as all good storytelling should be.
50/50 is not completely aligned. It is half aligned with both sides, thusly BALANCED. Also NO. Good story telling makes sense, that's why it's good.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #317 on: May 29, 2019, 01:55:26 AM »

When did this happen?
Vaguely remember. But that could have also been referring to just a radio silence. If all three were conked out, they would have been able to respond, and therefore would have raised red flags.

You need to rewatch the Mortis Arc.

50/50 is not completely aligned. It is half aligned with both sides, thusly BALANCED. Also NO. Good story telling makes sense, that's why it's good.

That's the thing though, he wasn't aligned 50/50. As to my "good storytelling" comment, it isn't confusing as in it doesn't make sense, it is confusing in that there is so much going on and so many different threads that are all weaving together in a complex story. I should have used 'complex' rather than 'confusing'. It makes sense once you have all the pieces, but before then, you can really only guess.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2019, 01:55:32 PM »

You need to rewatch the Mortis Arc.

That's the thing though, he wasn't aligned 50/50. As to my "good storytelling" comment, it isn't confusing as in it doesn't make sense, it is confusing in that there is so much going on and so many different threads that are all weaving together in a complex story. I should have used 'complex' rather than 'confusing'. It makes sense once you have all the pieces, but before then, you can really only guess.
Well 100% neutral has no pull against 100% extreme on either side. At best all it can do is dilute.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #319 on: May 29, 2019, 02:43:39 PM »

When did this happen?

Nope, it was in the Mortis Arc

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #320 on: May 29, 2019, 02:58:36 PM »

Nope, it was in the Mortis Arc
I'll have to make an occasion to watch this weekend.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #321 on: June 04, 2019, 06:09:23 PM »

The last post has been removed.  Per rule # 7, no discussions of religion or politics are allowed

Rule #7. No Religion, No Politics
Nothing will cause more hurt feelings and animosity in some people than a differing opinion in politics and religion.
So please, do not discuss either on this site, don't have it in your sig, do not allude to it at all - this is not the place for it.

Anakin Generation
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

I and the Father are One.

« Reply #322 on: December 21, 2019, 05:08:14 PM »

It is impossible to use the Force for any kind of evil. Anyone who doesn't fully understand and accept this doesn't understand what the Force is. It is Love.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #323 on: December 21, 2019, 07:07:28 PM »

It is impossible to use the Force for any kind of evil. Anyone who doesn't fully understand and accept this doesn't understand what the Force is. It is Love.
Even though I respectfully disagree, you bring up an interesting perspective  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Anakin Generation
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #324 on: December 21, 2019, 08:00:37 PM »

Wu-Dan for example, that Jade Fox learned the "secrets" of to eventually kill Li Moo Bai in the movie Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was not her using the Force, but it looked similar. That Spiritual and Martial Art technique was manipulated by her with her witchcraft. Wu-Dan in it's pure form is also an art of Pure Love much like The Force is, just like anything that is done with Love. But when Wu-Dan teachings are twisted it is not an entirely Jedi Art as fallen practitioners can mislead others in ways that are not fully of pure Love-Spirit, much like in Tai-Chi there are ways one can kill an opponent using a form of Tai-Chi called Dim-Mak, translated to "Death Touch", but only as a last resort. But if such tactics aren't used morally, they can be infiltrated by demons and cause painful and murderous deaths in very rare and extreme cases, especially if the proponent of the martial art isn't taught it properly and has received a twisted teaching of violence and not self defence. But Dim-Mak is an honest Tai-Chi practice, and rarely kills, and even the brightest form of Tai-Chi combat can take the life of an opponent and send them to their next life, but that is not the purpose of fighting, the purpose of fighting is to preserve life, and Dim-Mak Spiritual Masters are taught to do that as well, and Dim-Mak is a safe and powerful form of Tai-Chi that was not created to kill, although one may be permitted when facing an extremely lethal or demonic opponent.

The Sith are Force practitioners, and whenever they use the Force they are Loving, if they are not Dark Jedi, and have a learning to do any level of negativity then that is not the Force. It is difficult for many people to understand what a Lightsaber is, how Darth Vader has never been the cause of physical pain or harm to anyone, and how their positions in the Empire helped save the Galaxy and stop and end a very dangerous conflict. Ren, as well, is not evil and he had a very difficult position in controlling the First Order, and those beams as well as Death Star rays never destroyed planets, they just used the Force to take them to other universes, times, and places. Lightsabers have the same capacity as well, as they are also powered by Kyber Crystals, which are powered by the Force, which is powered by Love, which is what you truly and Only are if you are a Jedi.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #325 on: December 21, 2019, 08:17:20 PM »

Wu-Dan for example, that Jade Fox learned the "secrets" of to eventually kill Li Moo Bai in the movie Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was not her using the Force, but it looked similar. That Spiritual and Martial Art technique was manipulated by her with her witchcraft. Wu-Dan in it's pure form is also an art of Pure Love much like The Force is, just like anything that is done with Love. But Wu-Dan is not an entirely Jedi Art as it has many teachings that are not fully of pure Love-Spirit, much like in Tai-Chi there are ways one can kill an opponent using a form of Tai-Chi called Dim-Mak, translated to "Death Touch". If such tactics aren't used morally, they can be infiltrated by demons and cause painful and murderous deaths in people, especially if the proponent of the martial art isn't taught it properly. But Dim-Mak is an honest Tai-Chi practice, and rarely kills, and even the brightest form if Tai-Chi combat can take the life of an opponent and send them to their next life, but that is not the purpose of fighting, the purpose of fighting is to preserve life, and Dim-Mak Masters are taught to do that as well, and Dim-Mak is a safe and powerful form of Tai-Chi that was not created to kill, although one may be permitted when facing an extremely lethal or demonic opponent.

The Sith are Force practitioners, and whenever they use the Force they are Loving, if they are not Dark Jedi, and have a learning to do any level of negativity then that is not the Force. It is difficult for many people to understand what a Lightsaber is, how Darth Vader has never been the cause of physical pain or harm to anyone, and how their positions in the Empire helped save the Galaxy and stop an end to a very dangerous conflict. Ren, as well, is not evil and he had a very difficult position in controlling the First Order, and those beams as well as Death Star rays never destroyed planets, they just used the Force to take them to other universes, times, and places. Lightsabers have the same capacity as well, as they are also powered by Kyber Crystals, which are powered by the Force, which is powered by Love, which is what you truly and Only are if you are a Jedi.
Intriguing premise, I admit, but as I said I do not believe such.  Neither do I look at the Force, the galaxy, the actions of those involved in those terms nor do I have such Olympian views.  And while I am not a Nominalist, I feel that the abstractions that you describe are incorrect.  Again: these are my opinions.

To each their own  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #326 on: December 23, 2019, 05:11:04 PM »

I'm going to have to disagree as well, although I do not believe that the Force has sides or that the Sith are inherently evil. If the Force has sides and will, then it is schizophrenic. And I challenge anyone to cite one tenet of the Sith Code that is "evil".

As to your argument of "love" this is easily countered: Sith Lightning. The traditional manifestation of lightning is derived from one's hatred; the exact opposite of love.

Good and evil are merely constructs of the mind. "Every villain is the hero in their own mind." - Tom Hiddleston. Evil is an adopted mentality, making it easier to demonize forces that oppose one's goals. To many Western civilizations, ISIS is evil. But have you ever stopped to think about how they view us? A corrupt and decadent nation of infidels. In the book Dune, the Harkonnen are characterized as such, and vicariously depicted as the "bad guys". Conversely, good is ascribed to forces that merely align with one's beliefs.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #327 on: December 27, 2019, 05:16:32 PM »

It's definitely a creative theory and I can even see some of the ideas behind it, but Im also going to have to respectfully disagree.

For me the Force has always been represented as a will of the natural world. It's a flow of energy betwixt and in all living things. It's something that can be used or misused. The evil is not inherent to the Force, but in the context of its' use. I think it can be used for evil, and people such as Palpatine serve as excellent examples, but can also be used for great good.

The atom held no evil, but was there evil in breaking it? I think there's some interesting arguments for the true nature of the force here. Good to hear from a creative theorycrafter though!

Anakin Generation
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #328 on: December 27, 2019, 10:18:16 PM »

Torturing The Force does not give one any ability to wield its Energy. In fact, it gives none. Evil is the worst fault anyone can have. The Force is a beautiful rainbow of connection to all of existence, but like a rainbow, it causes no harm though containing many shades and colors. For the Darkness, look up into the night sky for what you need. The Dark Side is used to work the Dark Jedi throughout the Darkness to save the Light, and the Light to help shine one through the Darkness. Neither Side is meant to overtake the other, and imbalance in The Force comes from a lack of Love for it, which comes from evil from those who hate The Force, not from The Force itself.

Anyone can Truly and Fully Love, even the most fallen person, so anyone can use The Force and remember their entire training as an Aspirant in an instant and do away with any evil in their life. But to use the Force, one must Love. Anything less than Love is not The Force, and when one tries to imitate The Force as if it were evil then it is not The Force but fallen witchcraft or sorcery, evil technology or wrongdoing on how to hurt the Universe (But these are not the ways of The Sith, The Sith are secretive users of both Light and Dark aspects of The Force). Do not go with the "All One" theory on The Force when it comes to good and evil. That is a sad and false path that leads to a dead end. Respect The Force for what it truly is, True Love, which is the Only thing that is "All One." May The Force be with you, and may you be The Force.

Luke Moonwalker
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #329 on: May 13, 2020, 05:56:41 AM »

Did the Sith have any rituals or philosophies that dealt with how to endure pain? I don’t follow the extended universe lore so I thought someone here might know.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: