Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 144153 times)
janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #375 on: July 20, 2021, 07:14:11 PM »

Sith means Healer in all languages.

I Love You.

No it doesn't. In English, it at best traces to an archaic meaning as "since."

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sith

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #376 on: July 20, 2021, 08:13:20 PM »

No it doesn't. In English, it at best traces to an archaic meaning as "since."

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sith

Neither does it mean this in french

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Crimson
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

Imma BADA@@ SITH LIKE MY FATHER BEFORE ME

« Reply #377 on: July 26, 2021, 04:44:51 PM »

From my understanding, for reference, Count Dooku would be considered a Dark Jedi bc he left the order but he never had yellow eyes which indicate he wasnt a full pledged sith, and I think I'm right when I say he wasnt a Sith nor Jedi, but merely a Dark Jedi. Hope I'm right, correct me if I'm not.
Sincere Most, DC

"Your lack of faith concerns me, and that is often frowned upon by others"
-Darth Crimson

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #378 on: July 26, 2021, 06:55:59 PM »

From my understanding, for reference, Count Dooku would be considered a Dark Jedi bc he left the order but he never had yellow eyes which indicate he wasnt a full pledged sith, and I think I'm right when I say he wasnt a Sith nor Jedi, but merely a Dark Jedi. Hope I'm right, correct me if I'm not.
Sincere Most, DC
I agree. Afaik, he's a dark jedi, he uses dark side powers such as force lightning but does not have sith eyes.
Still... He refered to sidious as his Master.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #379 on: July 26, 2021, 07:34:31 PM »

Sincere Most, DC

I don't buy that.

He was a Jedi. He went bad.  He joined Team Sith, directly working for Darth Sidious. He recruited is own apprentice (twice!).

He's as Sithy as can be. Calling him a Dark Jedi is like trying to make up words when there's literally a word for it already.

Darth Crimson
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #380 on: July 26, 2021, 08:09:41 PM »

WE NEED A TIE BREAKER. Its either he is a sith and not a Dark Jedi, or its that he isnt a Sith and is a Dark Jedi. I personally believe that he is a Dark Jedi, and not trying to talk trash, but if you truly vote for neutrality, then you should have a white blade, bc that means you are neither a Sith nor Jedi, just saying.
Sincere Most, DC

-Darth Crimson

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #381 on: July 26, 2021, 08:45:25 PM »

WE NEED A TIE BREAKER. Its either he is a sith and not a Dark Jedi, or its that he isnt a Sith and is a Dark Jedi. I personally believe that he is a Dark Jedi, and not trying to talk trash, but if you truly vote for neutrality, then you should have a white blade, bc that means you are neither a Sith nor Jedi, just saying.
Sincere Most, DC

you seem to have mistaken my profile pic and my quote and my position here as all being related.

The pic is because I made a cool steampunked pic with my first saber
the quote is because I want a zero for my force points

My position here is because of the material presented in the movies and Clone Wars cartoon.

Jedi is both a club and a mindset. Ahsoka got kicked out.  Dooku quit. They are not Jedi in the club sense of the word.

Ahsoka appears to still act as we imagine a Jedi to be. Dooku acts like a Sith Lord. Dooku knowingly serves a Sith Lord. He does not act like a Jedi.

Now perhaps if Dooku had left the order and truly worked for himself, still doing Jedi-like things but let's say darker, you'd have a case.

But the canon says he's a Sith. His actions and employer says he's a Sith. He is literally Palpatine's apprentice as a replacement for Maul. Not just some guy working for Palpy.

It's all here on the wookiepedia:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dooku

It's on you to provide evidence that he is NOT a Sith for him to be a Dark Jedi.  Maybe call up Dave Filoni.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #382 on: July 26, 2021, 10:50:10 PM »

I agree.  Dooku was Sith.  But he never gave fully into hate because it would give him Sith Eyes and he had to keep up his appearance in the Separatist Senate.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Crimson
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #383 on: July 27, 2021, 04:42:13 PM »

Ok, so I just had my molar tooth pulled, so I need to relax, but how bout this. As I looked up Dooku, he was labeled as a Sith, BUT (so this doesnt escalate) he can also be considered a Dark Jedi. So you and yourself, Mr. Steampunk Man, can agree on something.
Sincere Most, DC

-Darth Crimson

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #384 on: December 18, 2023, 08:22:05 PM »

Sincere Most, DC
Not all Sith show their Sith eyes all the time. Senator Palpatine would have a real difficult rubbing elbows with Jedi during his terms if his eyes betrayed him. Darth Zannah was actually able to mask her dark side aura and walked right into the temple to use the library. They welcomed her as a fellow Jedi, so the eyes weren't apparent. Even Ventress, though not full Sith, was no less in the Dark Side, and her eyes never changed, even in the heat of battle. Tyrannus was measured and calm. We never actually see him give himself over to the Darkside (which would be unbelievably epic) as we did with Vader and notable others. In a similar way, Sidious didn't show his eyes until after having his lightning turned on him.

Dark Jedi are a completely different animal. For the most part, they still operate like a Jedi, only corrupt. Their abilities are still relatively similar. But abilities like lightning, sorcery, essence drain, and the like, require far more depth within the Dark Side.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #385 on: December 19, 2023, 05:02:35 PM »

I think the line is also blurred because a lot of the old EU used "dark jedi" and "Sith" almost interchangeably. Especially in earlier sources. Even the latter ones didn't actually concern themselves with the difference.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #386 on: March 29, 2024, 02:54:30 PM »

I think the line is also blurred because a lot of the old EU used "dark jedi" and "Sith" almost interchangeably. Especially in earlier sources. Even the latter ones didn't actually concern themselves with the difference.
I'm going to refute this. In the Darth Bane trilogy this distinction is made 2-fold. In Path of Destruction, Bane felt that Lord Kahn's Brotherhood of Darkness was little more than a dark Jedi Order, and unworthy to call themselves Sith, after what he had researched in the archives (which no one studied) about what ancient Sith were capable of achieving. The Sith use to live up the idea of "a living nightmare." He resurrected the Darth title as he believed the BoD was afraid of it and what it meant to earn it. In Dynasty of Evil, Zannah attempted to recruit a dark Jedi to become her apprentice. If I remember correctly, he didn't have the stomach for Sith-ing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #387 on: March 30, 2024, 01:49:16 AM »

Let us not forget that Dooku has the title of DARTH…Not something handed out like PEZ! This must be earned

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #388 on: April 01, 2024, 02:07:36 PM »

Let us not forget that Dooku has the title of DARTH…Not something handed out like PEZ! This must be earned
Well.....it depends on your objective. Maul was given the title Darth, even he was little more than a disciple, much like Ventress {however Darth Ventress has a beautiful ring to it}, and not an actual apprentice. Those that have read, or at least know the story of Darth Plagueis know that during the events of TPM, Sidious was still the apprentice. But when the master chooses to remain completely hidden, you lie, so that your underlings can't go over your head to the real boss. So, to cement the ruse, Sidious named Maul 'Darth' and sold the lie to the Trade Federation (at least the Neimoidians) that he was the master.

This is also important since taking an apprentice is the "gauntlet throw" that signals the apprentice's intent to take the mantel of master. Zannah took her time taking an apprentice, because she wanted to make sure she had tapped everything she could from Bane. Tyrannus wanted galactic reform. He felt a greater connection as an ally, so he had no intent on ascending to master......yet. It was also probable that since he was older (80) than Sidious (63), he would not have made it long enough to train an apprentice if he ascended. And therefore contented himself to remain an obedient apprentice as long as his political goals were achieved.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: