Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi Academy: Tython  (Read 103354 times)
janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #255 on: July 29, 2020, 02:08:43 PM »

if your trying to "simply " clear your mind thats just about practice ( one of the early ways i was taught was to stare into a candle flame then later put the candle flame just in my mind )  but in SW and this would be pure conjecture on my part, The Master would assign the padawan mental practice drills to help to connect with the force. we saw in new hope how obi wan had luke reach out and  feel the remote then once luke got a sense of that obi wan put the helmet on him. I could get all metaphorical and such but i will refrain

Just noticed this.  It would be interesting to see if there's a difference in meditation-ability for people who hear a narrative voice in their head.  It comes to great surprise of those who have this, that others don't.  The whole "clear your mind" is a lot harder when your snarky commentator is in the room with you. In fact, it sounds just like something a non-internal-monologuer would come up with and expect everybody could do because of not realizing it exists.

https://www.iflscience.com/brain/people-are-weirded-out-to-discover-that-some-people-dont-have-an-internal-monologue/

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #256 on: July 29, 2020, 03:05:41 PM »

Just noticed this.  It would be interesting to see if there's a difference in meditation-ability for people who hear a narrative voice in their head.  It comes to great surprise of those who have this, that others don't.  The whole "clear your mind" is a lot harder when your snarky commentator is in the room with you. In fact, it sounds just like something a non-internal-monologuer would come up with and expect everybody could do because of not realizing it exists.

https://www.iflscience.com/brain/people-are-weirded-out-to-discover-that-some-people-dont-have-an-internal-monologue/

I have an internal monologue...in fact I have both.  But me and the asshole in my head (who just sounds like me but deeper) both agree on the meditation.  So my "mantra" is internal.  I worry about the physical and he takes care of the mental  (yep...sounds crazy Tongue).  Interesting topic though...never knew some people didn't speak to themselves.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #257 on: July 29, 2020, 03:52:40 PM »

if your trying to "simply " clear your mind thats just about practice ( one of the early ways i was taught was to stare into a candle flame then later put the candle flame just in my mind )  but in SW and this would be pure conjecture on my part, The Master would assign the padawan mental practice drills to help to connect with the force. we saw in new hope how obi wan had luke reach out and  feel the remote then once luke got a sense of that obi wan put the helmet on him. I could get all metaphorical and such but i will refrain
Thanks for the memory jog. In the novelization of the Force Unleashed, Starkiller would stare into the blade of his lightsaber to meditate.

I have an internal monologue...in fact I have both.  But me and the asshole in my head (who just sounds like me but deeper) both agree on the meditation.  So my "mantra" is internal.  I worry about the physical and he takes care of the mental  (yep...sounds crazy Tongue).  Interesting topic though...never knew some people didn't speak to themselves.
You're not crazy, I have it too. But the asshole in my head believes that everyone wants to hear what he has to say. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2020, 03:53:35 PM »

to funny

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Hymn347
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

>>Light Side Points Please<<

« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2020, 05:30:58 PM »

Most likely it's just meditation. But being ADHD my mind is never clear.
tell me about it... lol

May the Force guide you and Peace find you.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2020, 06:53:36 PM »

tell me about it... lol
You know my pain?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Hymn347
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2020, 07:54:04 PM »

You know my pain?
totally lol
why do you think I was asking how Jedi achieved and maintained a clear mind, wanted to see if any of it could be applied to me lol

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #262 on: July 29, 2020, 08:22:47 PM »

totally lol
why do you think I was asking how Jedi achieved and maintained a clear mind, wanted to see if any of it could be applied to me lol
You on meds?

Sig by For Tyeth

Hymn347
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #263 on: July 29, 2020, 09:29:37 PM »

You on meds?
used to be on adderall xr years ago but I stopped taking everything, don't even take tylenol anymore
I drink a lot of tea now but that only helps so much

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2020, 01:20:17 PM »

used to be on adderall xr years ago but I stopped taking everything, don't even take tylenol anymore
I drink a lot of tea now but that only helps so much
Yeah, I was on Ritalin forever. Tried some other things that didn't work. Was on Stratera at the end. After doing some reading, I opted to get clean. It's had both pros and cons. I still get easily distracted, but I'm more aware of a greater number of things. The biggest thing was getting clean seemed to open a pharmaceutical floodgate, and all the information that I had been exposed to over 30 years came rushing into focus to be analyzed and sorted; I felt myself grow smarter. I was able to read people better. I had a better handle on my emotions (not a Sith by accident or choice of bad attitude).

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2020, 04:46:40 AM »

I have the internal monologue. One of my sisters doesn't. It is so weird trying to understand how those who don't, think. I can understand some pretty confusing stuff, but this messes me up.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #266 on: July 31, 2020, 02:17:15 PM »

I have the internal monologue. One of my sisters doesn't. It is so weird trying to understand how those who don't, think. I can understand some pretty confusing stuff, but this messes me up.

Add to the mix "clear your mind of all thought"

Sister: Done.

Us: um, hang on, would your shut up already! No, not you sensei! Me! I know you are the very model of a modern major general.

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2020, 06:47:25 PM »

I never would have even thought about people not having an internal monologue. How are they operating? They probably sleep like logs though. 

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2020, 07:23:14 PM »

I never would have even thought about people not having an internal monologue. How are they operating? They probably sleep like logs though. 
Some people can't picture things in their minds. Therefore they can't dream or at least not like most of us do =/

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2020, 07:34:48 PM »

Like I said me and the ahole in my brain came to an understanding on mediation...but still fight about sleep.

Brain:  Pssst.  Hey.
Me:  Yea?
Brain: You're tired aren't ya?
Me: Yea.
Brain:  You took your sinus medication and acid reflux pills right?
Me: Yea....shut up.
Brain:  Yea. Ok..........Hey?
Me: What?
Brain: Remember that really embarrassing thing from 15 years ago/anger inducing comment you read/guy that pissed you off in high school etc.
Me:  Fine.  I'm up.

But I do still have images....I just narrate them.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: