Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi Academy: Tython  (Read 103353 times)
Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2016, 06:21:37 PM »

If Yoda had swung the pillar the other way, he'd have hit Dooku's ship.  Not sure how much damage it would have done, but it would have at least been an attempt to stop him from escaping.

As for someone attacking the other while they were fighting with the pillar, two words.  Saber Throw.  Don't even need to get close to your opponent.  Or Dooku could have used Lightning.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2016, 09:29:24 PM »

For Dooku, it was a matter of pride that he'd beat Yoda with the blade. If not, he'd wait on a rematch - after all, he was at the peak of his abilities and learning more about the Dark Side every day. Yoda, on the other hand, was almost 900 years old and fading, even with his strength and experience. I wonder, had Sidious struck even 10 years before, if Yoda would have taken him in a fight...

As for Yoda, I suspect that he looked at Dooku and saw his old pupil - the first time he'd seen him since he left the Order, and not definitively a Sith, just someone who'd strayed from the Jedi path as Yoda saw it. Could he be saved? Could be be brought back from the light, or even just turned away from the dark? Yoda must have been wondering, at least at first, if it was possibe.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2016, 08:17:11 PM »

That pillar wasn't exactly light. I know Dooku used it to escape, but why didn't he just kill Yoda when the pillar was falling and then leave?
"SIZE MATTERS NOT." What aren't you guys getting about this. As great a command as Yoda had of the Force, that pillar should have been a breeze, regardless of mass. When I think of worthy Force challenges, I look back to that epically epic scene on Raxus Prime, when Starkiller pulled that Star Destroyer right out of the sky and put it into the ground. That's how it's done. Cool

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2016, 08:23:42 PM »

Yoda was not expecting the pillar, so he had to quickly concentrate on it so it wouldn't fall, it was not necessarily to hard for him to do easily.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2016, 08:35:01 PM »

Light side, least effort possible to get the task completed.  By the time he finished, Dooku was gone.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2016, 10:07:37 PM »

Yoda was not expecting the pillar, so he had to quickly concentrate on it so it wouldn't fall, it was not necessarily to hard for him to do easily.
So many holes in that, I don't have to open it up. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2016, 04:27:20 AM »

I go back to the original Clone Wars cartoon shorts, where Yoda crammed tanks and droids back into a drop shop, then send it back up into the sky, then made two more collide with each other.

I think it goes back to circumstances.  First, while size may not matter, inertia and mass do.  Yoda has to stop the pillar, then move it to a safe drop point.  Second, lifting the X-Wing while at peace is different from catching a falling pillar after combat with a very skilled force user and master of Lightersaber dueling, who was your former student. Third, Marak and Starkiller were so ridiculously over powered in those games that they shouldn't be called Star Wars, they should be "we had to overpower your character so you'd actually buy the game, please ignore how impossible all of this is continuity wise."

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2016, 09:21:48 AM »

I think someone suggested that the older Clone Wars cartoon was more or less the propaganda version of events while the later The Clone Wars cartoon was more along the lines of what actually happened.

The 2003 version is quite over the top in a lot of places, from the ARC troopers covering a cannon with mines to blow it up rather than  just  few in a good place to cut the barrel, to the Windu's battle with thousands of super battle droids and a huge crusher war machine.   To General Grievous being unstoppable, to the coughing fit warrior he was in the later The Clone Wars (2008) that usually ran away, but could best Jedi from time to time and Clone much of the time.   But not Gungans.  The have more anti-droid weaponry than most planets or even Clone Troopers.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2016, 09:15:37 PM »

I go back to the original Clone Wars cartoon shorts, where Yoda crammed tanks and droids back into a drop shop, then send it back up into the sky, then made two more collide with each other.

I think it goes back to circumstances.  First, while size may not matter, inertia and mass do.  Yoda has to stop the pillar, then move it to a safe drop point.  Second, lifting the X-Wing while at peace is different from catching a falling pillar after combat with a very skilled Force user and master of Lightsaber dueling, who was your former student. Third, Marak and Starkiller were so ridiculously over powered in those games that they shouldn't be called Star Wars, they should be "we had to overpower your character so you'd actually buy the game, please ignore how impossible all of this is continuity wise."
YES. Thank you. However, mass is part of size, and Dooku crushed the base of the pillar with relative ease. Also, what would have wrong with hitting the pillar with a focused Force push to throw it against the far wall, and then using the Force to hold Dooku's ship on the ground? At least there's consistency in the lack of imagination of the Jedi. Tongue

So where exactly are the "bounds" of the Force? As noted in the in-game character bio, Galen Marek was a "primal" Force wielder. He was just born with a gift. And despite being "overpowered", he still struggled, and ultimately could not defeat the Emperor. So he couldn't have been that overpowered.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2016, 09:31:28 PM »

YES. Thank you. However, mass is part of size, and Dooku crushed the base of the pillar with relative ease. Also, what would have wrong with hitting the pillar with a focused Force push to throw it against the far wall, and then using the Force to hold Dooku's ship on the ground? At least there's consistency in the lack of imagination of the Jedi. Tongue

I think it was mostly the director trying to find a way for Dooku to escape, so they had to make it seem like Yoda was struggling.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2016, 02:36:02 PM »

I think it was mostly the director trying to find a way for Dooku to escape, so they had to make it seem like Yoda was struggling.
Meh.

Sig by For Tyeth

gpm
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2017, 02:25:35 PM »

Meta game thinking.....  Not a fan. 
Yet, I as well have a hard time explaining this scene.  The pillar has stumped me for a few lets just say.  Seems to me that a Jedi Master able to pass from death into the force as a Force ghost should have been strong enough in the Force to turn that moment into his advantage while saving his boys at the same time.

For the Light
Archon v2.1 C.G.
Initiate v3 A.S.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2017, 03:35:14 PM »

Meta game thinking.....  Not a fan. 
Yet, I as well have a hard time explaining this scene.  The pillar has stumped me for a few lets just say.  Seems to me that a Jedi Master able to pass from death into the force as a Force ghost should have been strong enough in the Force to turn that moment into his advantage while saving his boys at the same time.
I know right? Maybe we can just write it off as he was tired from fighting and getting on in centuries Tongue and therefore wasn't as collected as he was on Dagobah, when he just plucked the X-Wing out of the swamp.

Sig by For Tyeth

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2017, 03:44:25 PM »

Or he's following the code of not killing an unarmed person. Doooku had withdrawn and left the fight.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2017, 04:52:49 PM »

Or he's following the code of not killing an unarmed person. Doooku had withdrawn and left the fight.
Is a Sith Lord ever truly "unarmed"? ô¿o

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: