Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi Academy: Tython  (Read 104236 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2018, 02:12:51 PM »

Wookiepedia has tabs for both Canon (Lucasfilm under Disney) and Legends (Old EU)
Yeah yeah.  Tongue I'm loathe to read about the "canon" origins of the Sith. If there even is one.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2018, 02:46:41 PM »

Yeah yeah.  Tongue I'm loathe to read about the "canon" origins of the Sith. If there even is one.

I haven't seen it but I'd bet it was someone who didn't like the color green on his/her saber so they became sith to have red. or something stupid like that.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2018, 06:31:17 PM »

I haven't seen it but I'd bet it was someone who didn't like the color green on his/her saber so they became sith to have red. or something stupid like that.
Wrong.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2018, 07:44:03 PM »

aw darn. That felt pretty accurate with what Disney has going right now.

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2018, 08:15:54 PM »

aw darn. That felt pretty accurate with what Disney has going right now.
Red is merely the natural color of a synthetic crystal. End of story. Angry (You can tell I'm actively avoiding a certain thread. Grin)

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2018, 09:37:38 PM »

Red is merely the natural color of a synthetic crystal. End of story. Angry (You can tell I'm actively avoiding a certain thread. Grin)

That thread has quickly left the "cannon", and gone to what we think could possibly be even within the current cannon. Actually a good discussion.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2018, 09:47:13 PM »

I have to agree with this. I know the thread of which you speak. I don't know a ton about the EU, but the pre-Disney explanation of saber crystals was just fine with me. When I saw the new explanation of saber crystals was the first time I felt the hate you and many others feel about Disney. I held it back because I liked 7 and 8, but what they've done to the old cannon suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2018, 11:02:37 PM »

I understand that, and I liked that explanation a lot better than the "bleeding" thing they have going right now.

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2018, 01:43:19 AM »

I am fine with the new info on the crystals, as I've stated before.   The more mysticism the better to me.

As for Disney Canon.  The Sith were born during what was called the Hundred-Year Darkness (it is actually from the EU, just some of the finer details were stripped) When the First Rogue Jedi started amassing his following and began the Sith.  it seems the overall outline of the Sith history is still similar.  Details just need to be meshed out.  Hell, the Sacking of Courscant (where Malgus destroyed the Jedi Temple) is technically canon

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2018, 05:16:04 PM »

That thread has quickly left the "cannon", and gone to what we think could possibly be even within the current cannon. Actually a good discussion.
Still, I feel that the current so-called crystal canon is bogus and lame.

I understand that, and I liked that explanation a lot better than the "bleeding" thing they have going right now.
Thank you.

I am fine with the new info on the crystals, as I've stated before.   The more mysticism the better to me.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2018, 05:21:09 PM »

I have to agree with this. I know the thread of which you speak. I don't know a ton about the EU, but the pre-Disney explanation of saber crystals was just fine with me. When I saw the new explanation of saber crystals was the first time I felt the hate you and many others feel about Disney. I held it back because I liked 7 and 8, but what they've done to the old cannon suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Exactly my thoughts as well. I can tolerate change up to a certain point and the Disney cannon with the new crystals are really dumb.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2018, 06:22:14 PM »

As for Disney Canon.  The Sith were born during what was called the Hundred-Year Darkness (it is actually from the EU, just some of the finer details were stripped) When the First Rogue Jedi started amassing his following and began the Sith.  it seems the overall outline of the Sith history is still similar.  Details just need to be meshed out.  Hell, the Sacking of Courscant (where Malgus destroyed the Jedi Temple) is technically canon

I actually agree with Tepes on this one. There has got to be a reason why only Jedi and Sith have lightsabers (I know there are exceptions, but as a general rule), and if lightsaber crystals could be made in a furnace (yes, I know it's more complicated than that, but I am proving a point), everyone in the galaxy would have one. The mysticism helps a lot IMO.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2018, 06:41:08 PM »

I actually agree with Tepes on this one. There has got to be a reason why only Jedi and Sith have lightsabers (I know there are exceptions, but as a general rule), and if lightsaber crystals could be made in a furnace (yes, I know it's more complicated than that, but I am proving a point), everyone in the galaxy would have one. The mysticism helps a lot IMO.
Same reason why only Jedi and Sith have holocrons. It's about precise crystal formation by utilizing the Force. The synth-crystal process takes days of meditation to produce saber quality crystals. Similar process to producing factory made (I won't call them artificial).

As for the production of sabers, only Force sensitives are capable due, again, precision assembly and crystal alignment, and micro-welds through the Force. This is why I have an issue that SWTOR movie with the twins building their first saber; they just drop it in and, boom, saber. WRONG!

It's the Force. Mysticism enough.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2018, 06:48:22 PM »

Same reason why only Jedi and Sith have holocrons. It's about precise crystal formation by utilizing the Force. The synth-crystal process takes days of meditation to produce saber quality crystals. Similar process to producing factory made (I won't call them artificial).

As for the production of sabers, only Force sensitives are capable due, again, precision assembly and crystal alignment, and micro-welds through the Force. This is why I have an issue that SWTOR movie with the twins building their first saber; they just drop it in and, boom, saber. WRONG!

It's the Force. Mysticism enough.

So your ok with the Force being utilized to create the saber, but a crystal being a conduit of the Force is too much?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2018, 07:21:41 PM »

So your ok with the Force being utilized to create the saber, but a crystal being a conduit of the Force is too much?

I have the same problem with that as I do putting Sith and Jedi holocrons together and knowing "everything".

A light saber, albeit a complex piece of technology, is still just that: technology. It's a piece of hardware that can be used by anyone.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: