Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi Academy: Tython  (Read 104740 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2018, 11:00:35 AM »

Just look at her..so freaking badass.... but do we get her or Mara Jade...nope.

I know that Disney has a history of creating damsels in distressed types of princesses or women; however, characters like Satele and Mara are women who are just kick ass.

And they scream that we're sexist because we don't like how mary sue Rey is  Roll Eyes

Give us back our strong and 3D female characters

They could of done more with Rey but that's what we got unfortunately.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2018, 12:55:03 PM »

this was a long while later, and she had retired from being battlemaster as Zallow was more suited for the role.
Wow! That's harsh. Malgus killed both her master and apprentice. I'm surprised she didn't have a 'grey' arc of vendetta against him. That would have been interesting, considering that the 2 had been locked in conflict from the onset of the war.

Satele Shan became Grandmaster of the Jedi Order and eventually retired.  She had one son (non force sensitive) with Jace Malcom...the trooper that tried to blow up Malgus.  She is also the descendant of Revan
So when did this 'Jedi don't have relationships' thing begin.

I find this difficult to follow since SW is a predominantly American franchise, writers would normally stick with American cultural references, and there for family names would follow the father's namesake. Now the relationship to Revan through his marriage Bastilla makes sense, but there would still be no blood relation.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2018, 01:09:56 PM »

Wow! That's harsh. Malgus killed both her master and apprentice. I'm surprised she didn't have a 'grey' arc of vendetta against him. That would have been interesting, considering that the 2 had been locked in conflict from the onset of the war.

I find this difficult to follow since SW is a predominantly American franchise, writers would normally stick with American cultural references, and there for family names would follow the father's namesake. Now the relationship to Revan through his marriage Bastilla makes sense, but there would still be no blood relation.

It was going on then.  Satele broke off her affair with Malcom not too long before their son was born because of the Jedi edict against relationships.  She is Revan's grand daughter or great grand daughter (cant remember which).  Revan and Bastilla's child was given Bastillia's last name since Revan was just..Revan.  Satele's mother was actually sent into temporary exile (Jedi Time Out) to mediate on her views since she though Jedi should marry.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2018, 01:18:07 PM »

Ah.

I have also requested that the aside about Disney princesses be relocated. The purpose of the academy threads was to focus on Jedi and Sith and their respective realms of the Force.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2018, 01:23:44 PM »

Ah.

I have also requested that the aside about Disney princesses be relocated. The purpose of the academy threads was to focus on Jedi and Sith and their respective realms of the Force.

No real need.  was just a one off tangent.  delete it if you wish

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2018, 01:31:11 PM »

forgive the slight rant.  I am a bit of Disneyphile

I completely agree with you on every single character, Tepes.  I couldn't of said it better myself and didn't really pay attention to any of the sequels since I prefer the originals but I will give Cinderella III a view (never watched it).   Characters like Belle and Jasmine were great in my eye since they were their own and didn't try to "fit in" with anyone.  

Point for the character break downs and no apologies needed, I like hearing about people's personal take on things, characters, movies, etc.

Now I digress. (My bad about the Disney talk, back to Jedi and Sith talk)

I'm not sure but when you read the EU and play the games, there's a ton of Jedi with children and families.  I think maybe the Jedi having families or attachments were related to the original and prequel trilogies.   TFU, the Knights of the Eternal Throne, the Young Jedi series (books), or the Fallen Empire all deal with children of Jedi and Sith alike with a few characters that the parents weren't mentioned of.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2018, 01:42:24 PM »

Ah.

I acquiesced.

As per DT's comment about it not really mattering, I just deleted them (only three).  It won't really affect your post counts at all. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2018, 01:46:43 PM »

I acquiesced.

As per DT's comment about it not really mattering, I just deleted them (only three).  It won't really affect your post counts at all. Wink

No worries on my end, thanks Rapine.

Randy Magnum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2019, 12:04:36 PM »

I don't know a thing about any of the SW expanded universe. I keep hearing about gray jedi. I would really like to know what that is.

"Everything is a deadly weapon if you try hard and believe in yourself.... and hate a person enough." Crazy cat lady down the street.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2019, 12:12:35 PM »

I don't know a thing about any of the SW expanded universe. I keep hearing about gray jedi. I would really like to know what that is.
The easiest explanation is a Jedi with varying levels of dark side tendencies. Basically not the goody-two-shoes that your standard Jedi embodies.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #205 on: June 04, 2019, 06:09:53 PM »

Post has been removed, please make posts that are relevant to the topic

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #206 on: June 04, 2019, 06:37:51 PM »

Post removed.   Sephiroth, make your posts relevant and please follow the rules.  This is your warning.  Further violation will result in a ban.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #207 on: June 04, 2019, 06:39:40 PM »

Thank you, gentlemen.

Sig by For Tyeth

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2019, 06:55:31 PM »

Ah yes, what were we talking about?

That awesome lightsaber as seen at the top of the current page?  I must've found the other half because it looks familiar...

Greyness.  The fog of the black and white television.

Striving to a sort of neutrality or lack of involvement. Which according to chemists, making solutions, we're not part of the solvent either. Smiley

LSUJedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

Strive for the light. Accept the dark.

« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2019, 02:03:10 AM »

I have trouble with identification as a Gray Jedi. Basically, 99% of people in our mundane world fall into this category. I suppose it is more about identification of my character within the SW universe, maybe some more development on that front. Any guidance on this front would be appreciated.

Alekso Lor'ens <------ X ------> Darth Emrys

Dem Sabers:
DIY Archon v3.1 - Consular Green
Bellicose - Guardian Blue
Initiate v3 LE - Violet Amethyst
Double-bladed Apprentice v5 LE - Fire Orange
Dark Initiate - Consular Green
Dark Initiate - Blazing Red

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: