Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hit a little snag.... A pommel question.  (Read 1749 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« on: September 16, 2011, 06:35:01 PM »

Okay, so I've been playing around with adding econo sound to my Prophecy. I picked up one of these: http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-sound-aaacombo.htm using some reward points I had. (Sweet score, and I have to say I love those points Ultra! Grin ) Anyways.... the speaker mount doesn't quite fit. I don't have a problem with getting dirty and creative to make things fit, so if I have to I'll either buy another speaker or dismantle the mount on this one... but I was wondering first, are there any MHS pommels I could buy that I could slip the end of this thing inside of and THEN screw the pommel in?

I just thought I'd check because if I can use some of the space inside a sound pommel to solve my problem, then I could save myself the trouble of dismantling a mount or buying another speaker. I also figure I'll need a sound pommel when this is all done anyways, so if one can save me some work.... best to go that route now, right? Anyways, thanks in advance!

P.S. I don't remember off hand, as the thing's not with me, but I believe it measured 1.25" diameter. I could be wrong on that.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 07:28:44 PM »

There was a guy on the forums who had a custom Prophecy made with econo sound. Here's the thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1096.0. He said he used MHS pommel 4 to get the extra space he needed. If you wanted more space you could go for MHS pommel number 8, which adds 1.5" to the length.

Liberator - Arctic Blue
[||___|___|o__|:|:|

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 07:49:16 PM »

Thanks! Appreciate the help, but what I'm actually most interested in space wise at this point is the interior diameter. Length is something of an issue with this small hilt, but we think we've got that licked if we can just make the speaker fit. Problem is that the speaker mount on the end of the battery pack is, well, too wide. We could do it without the mount, but we're looking for a way to keep it because I really don't want to have the speaker loose and hanging every time I replace the batteries. lol

Again, thanks for the input though! It was useful for looking at the length issue. Smiley

I am not a color...

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 08:29:08 PM »

Thanks! Appreciate the help, but what I'm actually most interested in space wise at this point is the interior diameter. Length is something of an issue with this small hilt, but we think we've got that licked if we can just make the speaker fit. Problem is that the speaker mount on the end of the battery pack is, well, too wide. We could do it without the mount, but we're looking for a way to keep it because I really don't want to have the speaker loose and hanging every time I replace the batteries. lol

Again, thanks for the input though! It was useful for looking at the length issue. Smiley

What I have done in the past is glue the speaker at the end of the battery pack, and coat a thin coat of hot glue around the sides. It keeps the speaker from shorting out and takes up less space than the mount.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:04:18 PM »

That's what I thought I might have to do. Thanks Master Caine, it's good to know that I won't accidentally fry anything doing that.  Grin

So I take it then that there aren't any MHS pommels with a wide enough opening to fit this? I had a feeling...

I am not a color...

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 09:13:07 PM »

I saw a custom job done by Ultra on youtube (
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDquA_8G-oo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDquA_8G-oo</a>
).  Can't identify the pommel but there it is, gives you a little added length and should be open enough.  Sorry if it ends up being useless but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 01:11:22 AM »

Thanks Mav! That is an EPIC Proph (though the sound is SUPER-ECONO lol), and I love the pommel on that. Even if it doesn't solve my diameter problem, I can fall back on Master Caine's advice, and I'm really thinking it would be sweet to track that pommel down at TCSS either way. It helps keep the profile close to what it is in the stock Proph. Smiley (Though to be honest, I'm also tempted to through one of the Luke/Kenobi style pommels on there too)

I am not a color...

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 08:13:46 AM »

Thanks Mav! That is an EPIC Proph (though the sound is SUPER-ECONO lol), and I love the pommel on that. Even if it doesn't solve my diameter problem, I can fall back on Master Caine's advice, and I'm really thinking it would be sweet to track that pommel down at TCSS either way. It helps keep the profile close to what it is in the stock Proph. Smiley (Though to be honest, I'm also tempted to through one of the Luke/Kenobi style pommels on there too)

That's pommel style 7, and looks best on the Prophecy IMO. Pommel 4 and 8 would look decent as well.

The Luke and Obi pommel is pommel style 3V2

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 01:31:48 PM »

AWESOME!  I'm actually thinking about putting a different pommel on my Proph in anticipation of putting sound in it.  Just have to get my VA color just the way I want it.  We'll see how things go!  And let us know how things turn out Manroon, WITH PICS!

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 06:18:04 PM »

Pics will come when my pommel arrives and this baby is finally completed. lol

Now, to announce my final decision.... much to the joy of you Luke RotJ fans.... I picked Ultra's Archon V2 Pommel with the Black Accents! I was bouncing between several others, but then saw that one in Ultra's pommel section and fell in love instantly. My prophecy is CE, so it was tough looking for something to match the nickle finish. I looked at the standard MHSs.... Ultras.... and started to focus on the black ones, then this just looked like it would fit perfectly. Smiley

I am not a color...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: