Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can you turn off the sound with the Obsidian V4 launcher?  (Read 2283 times)
Misgrievous
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 28, 2016, 11:08:41 PM »

I'm thinking about getting an UltraSaber and was just wondering if this is possible? I intend to get one with sound, but there might be times when I want it muted. Sorry if this is an obvious question, I know absolutely nothing about how this stuff works  Undecided

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 11:48:44 PM »

The Obsidian v4 comes with 8 sound fonts preloaded.  One of them is "silent", which effectively is a mute sound font.  It should be the eighth font on arrival.

You can change the fonts in use by holding the activation button on starting up the lightsaber.  It will turn off and announce the sound font you are in ("Obsidian" for the first font.)  Some don't say anything, but have a sound instead like the "Sith" font.  The Silent font just has a beep noise.  You can change fonts in this mode my pressing the activation switch one per font.  To select the font you are on, hold the activation button again.  The board with say "Confirmed" and then turn on the saber normally using the new sound font.

You can also program the board with a Mini-USB cable and the Obsidian Launcher from this forum, but you don't need to do this if you like the other seven fonts and the mute font.

The mute feature makes the v4 worth the extra money.

Preloaded fonts:

Obsidian
Blackstar
Sith
Ancient Saber
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 6
Silent - Mute

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »

Yes, get the v4 sound board if you want a sound saber! The easiest way to mute a saber...before we had it, you always needed the Obsidian launcher to mute a saber. The new v4 already has a muted sound font, so no need for the launcher to mute the board Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 03:45:03 AM »

Please go and acknowledge the forum rules before you continue posting! Look for the BIG RED BOLD LETTERS on the homepage.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: