Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Could use some help please  (Read 1354 times)
brian232005
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 30, 2016, 05:53:57 PM »

Hello my name is Brian Lovell i am 4 year active duty Marine Corps veteran and am currently serving with the Missouri Army National Guard and am a huge Star Wars fan but more importantly my 6 year son, Matthew, is the biggest Star Wars fan I know. I am to deploy to Kuwait next month for a year and Matthew has been begging and pleading with me to get him a lightsaber like in the movies, he breaks the cheap plastic ones, before I leave,due to that he will be having surgery on his eye while i am gone and he wants it to "fight off the bad guys while daddy's gone." Unfortunately with me having to buy the necessary equipment for my deployment I cannot afford to purchase him one and i would hate to let him down. I was wondering if there would be anyway, if someone has a big enough heart and saber collection, could help me get my son a lightsaber it would be greatly appreciated and you would make his year. I have sent an email to ultrasabers almost a week ago and havent gotten a reply i dont know if they are too busy going through all the emails to have replied to me or what but havent gotten a response. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Brian Lovell

Darth_Darth_Binks
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

All yousa people is gonna die!

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 01:58:32 AM »

I don't see very much information about a marine named "Brian Lovell" turned up by a quick google search, and assuming this is true, very few people will take this seriously or if they do they will definitely not give you a $100+ piece of merch.

I don't know what to tell you other than "go away" or "good luck".

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 02:57:32 AM »

Hello, you've misposted this topic. Please post topics like this in the "Off Topic" section.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

brian232005
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 03:34:34 AM »

content://media/external/file/21619

THX1138
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 41

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 04:53:38 AM »

Where are you going to be stationed while in Kuwait?

What's your MOS?

brian232005
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 04:57:59 AM »

Dint have the details on where we are going to be stationed yet like i said we are a national guard unit we dont know until we get to the unit we are joining up with and i am an 88M with a secondary mos 11bravo which was transferred over from me being an 0311 in the marine corps

brian232005
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 06:19:28 AM »

brian232005
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 06:20:31 AM »

For those who dont think I'm honest

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 08:41:31 PM »

Brian,

I want to say that, based on your pictures, I do believe you, and I want to thank you for your service. I also want to thank your family for their sacrifice during your upcoming deployment.

Secondly, I see that you have posted this same message multiple times in multiple threads with varying responses. I don't think doing that is appropriate, nor is requesting forum members who do not know you to pony up money for a lightsaber. Maybe you found someone to buy you one, but it is still not appropriate.

Before I report this thread to a moderator, I thought I'd give you my 2 cents about a child having a US lightsaber. I allow my 4 year old to handle my Dominix with a 24 inch blade, but he always has to be under adult supervision. I will likely buy one for him when he turns 5. But he takes care of his belongings, and he allows me to teach him, so he is earning his lightsaber through care and use of my saber.  So, I would give careful consideration to giving your son something that can break glass, TVs, fingers, and knock out teeth, especially if he keeps breaking the plastic toy ones. These sabers won't break. The item/person/animal on the other end will.

Lastly, I think your request would be best made to friends and family. If people chipped in 10 bucks here and there, you'd be able to get him an Initiate saber in no time.

I hope this helps, and I do hope you are able to get him a saber, if you think it's appropriate. I also hope you return safe to us.

LS-S
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:23:24 PM by Landen Se-Sentien » Logged

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: