Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Connection is SOOOO spotty and hit or miss  (Read 1736 times)
Tysoncrosby21
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« on: February 04, 2016, 01:59:50 AM »

I've tried so many different ways to connect/reconnect the saber to the computer and get the Launcher to regocnize the board.  Seems like for every 50 times I plug it in, it registers once, and thats because I got lucky.  So so frustrating when you're playing with swing settings.

Then when I do get a connection, the launcher just keeps flashing the device connected popup but never actually connects.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:03:11 AM by Tysoncrosby21 » Logged

Props to Drahcir for the amazing work on this hilt!

Dark side points.... Haha

Scoimpious
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 18

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 02:17:28 AM »

Sounds like a bad USB cord or a bad plug socket on either the Obsidian or the PC you are plugging it into. 

Owned:  Guardian in nickle, Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4, blue AV switch, and charge port.

Ordered:  Menace CE, Tri-Cree Blazing Red, Obsidian v4, red AV switch, and charge port.

Tysoncrosby21
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 02:28:36 AM »

I've used every port on the computer, same issue and I've never had an issue with one of the ports on the computer.  Cord came from US so hopefully it isn't bad, might try to snag a different one and see if it makes a difference.  Also, computer recognizes the saber is connected every time, but the launcher doesnt

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 05:56:29 PM »

What port do you use? 2.0 or 3.0? And what's the OS you're on?
Also, does the PC (not the launcher) give any type of message when you connect your saber?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Tysoncrosby21
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 06:03:42 PM »

The ports are 3.0 but I have a 2.0 hub that I've tried and no success. OS is windows 8, no message from PC when plugged in. I was getting the "device not recognized" error. But that goes away if I plug the cord on with the saber on.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 06:19:08 PM »

Did you get that error when you connected the saber the very first time? If yes, was your saber turned off that time? Then I'd recommend removing the device via the Device Manager (including the driver) and re-conneceting the saber - this time turn it on before you connect it. This might solve that problem...at least it did for me (using a Win7 OS) when I made the same mistake Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

placidsaint
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 10:58:29 PM »

Running Ultrasabers launcher in windows 7 mode is what I had to do for mine to get working might want to try that.

Sabers I own:
-Initiate V3 LITE w/catalyst pommel GB
-Prophecy V3 Obs. V4 GB
-Bellicose Obs. V4 AB
Wish list:
-Archon 3.1 (Emerald?)
-Manticore
-Graflex Obs V4 AB

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: