Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Archon v3 :)  (Read 3625 times)
Duke
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

« on: February 07, 2016, 05:58:55 AM »

So first off let me get started by saying I LOVE thin neck sabers my two favorite sabers are Obi wan's (ROTS) and the V2 Luke (ROTJ) so when I saw this saber my heart jumped and ordered immediately. So that is exactly what I did Smiley. I ordered mine the day it dropped. (So yeah this review has been a long time coming sorry  Grin) Anyways like always it was shipped quickly and securely. So I ordered my Archon V3 in Green Tri-Cree and a standard battery pack.

Let me say I love the hilt the attention to detail the hilt is extremely comfortable and looks amazing. Now while I have great things to say here are the cons of my experience with the saber. So when I first got  the saber I took it out with my buddies and their sabers and after a few light to medium hits the neck broke... and by broke i mean something in the brass section of the neck broke it did not snap in half or anything but was if the threads broke because while it was still permanently attached the brass part and above would spin completely around. And now for the good news I go in contact with ultra and explained my problem and as always their customer service (Which in opinion is the best around) I sent back the busted emitter and they sent me a brand new one  Smiley so thank you ultra ! But with that being said if you are debating buying this saber for dueling I heard some other people expirenced what I did I would not recommend it for dueling. That being said I dont think its ultras fault and Im sure they fixed the problem because I havent heard any thing recently so thats great. As of right now my archon v3 is just a display saber and it looks amazing Smiley and I am really happy with it, So if you want a dueling archon id just stick with the v2 version or buy a v2 emitter to put on while you duel because that saber is awesome Smiley (I duel with a v2 on a frequent basis and its solid as a rock  Cool)

Now on to the Tri Cree led these things are amazing and to me are a must have for any saber and for only $10 its totally worth every penny any new saber I buy will have tri cree without a doubt. My saber runs off the 4AAA batteries and I havent seen a noticeable faster drain over my other sabers that run off AAA's my friends have the Lithium ion set up and thats great too because it looks at 100% brightness all they until they die the standard ones fade a little bit but not crazy. So if you can afford lithium ion then go ahead and get it and if not its okay do not let that deter you from getting tri cree trust me you wont be disappointed

Well thanks for reading my review down below is my video review thanks for watching Smiley 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTCORHlOvzo

This is where the fun begins Smiley

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 06:59:23 AM »

Nice review and beautiful saber. I received my v3.1 earlier this week, also Tri-Cree but in Guardian Blue. Definitely one of US nicest sabers!

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 07:38:41 AM »

That's a nice review with some good pics.  I want one of these really bad myself.  Glad to know that the Tri Green is plenty bright!

+1

placidsaint
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 05:52:09 PM »

This one is also on my list, So have they fixed the emitter problem then or is this setup still not any good for light to medium dueling?

Sabers I own:
-Initiate V3 LITE w/catalyst pommel GB
-Prophecy V3 Obs. V4 GB
-Bellicose Obs. V4 AB
Wish list:
-Archon 3.1 (Emerald?)
-Manticore
-Graflex Obs V4 AB

Duke
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 08:56:09 PM »

Well I haven't dueled with this one so I dont know bought mine but I know other people have bought it and have dueled with it and I havent heard any more problems recently 

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 01:15:31 AM »

There is an update on the Archon V3.1 found here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=25655.0

It describes light to med dueling with the V3.1 neck and recommends a V2 neck for heavy dueling.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Odin Lowe
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 07:06:31 PM »

Very nice review! I have to say that I love my Archon V3.1!! I received it a few days ago, and I still need to take some more shots before doing my review.

A few quick questions:

Did you notice if your blade (the light) flickers/pulse? How long does your batteries last before running out?  Judging from the pictures, you have an UltraEdge right?

Thanks ahead, and awesome saber.

Duke
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 12:01:00 AM »

Thanks Hazard for the update  Smiley I did not know they did that but thats great Smiley

Duke
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 12:02:46 AM »

Odin my batteries last just about as long as my other sabers so roughly an hour Smiley and no mine doesnt flicker it just dims slightly before the batteries die

Odin Lowe
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 08:34:21 AM »

Odin my batteries last just about as long as my other sabers so roughly an hour Smiley and no mine doesnt flicker it just dims slightly before the batteries die

Thanks. I've had the "flicker" effect with the brand new batteries provided by US, and 2 other sets of brand new batteries I tried. Now I'm testing how long they last and with this set the light hasn't started to fade yet, and I've left the saber on for about 40 to 50 minutes.

It doesn't bother as much as I wanted to know if it was either an issue, or something already reported.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 09:56:01 AM »

Nice review and saber. Point.

Did you notice if your blade (the light) flickers/pulse?

I'm not tying to get off topic, but I am trying to be helpful. Odin, I don't think your blade should flicker unless you have the emerald driver. You may have a loose wire somewhere. I'd investigate (if your electical/soldering skills are good), or I'd email US about it.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Odin Lowe
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 07:43:14 PM »

Nice review and saber. Point.

I'm not tying to get off topic, but I am trying to be helpful. Odin, I don't think your blade should flicker unless you have the emerald driver. You may have a loose wire somewhere. I'd investigate (if your electical/soldering skills are good), or I'd email US about it.

Thanks for the help! Since my main goal with my Archon was to eventually modify it anyway, I went ahead and disassembled it to check out if I could find the problem. The wires are all well soldered together and nothing is loose. The shrink tube (blue shrink tube) is well placed too and everything seem very stable. But, I did some minor testing, and it seems the speaker, when connected, is making the light flicker slightly. I disconnected it, turned the saber on, and it wasn't flickering at all. I re-soldered it back on again, since I want sound in this saber, and it was flickering lightly again. It's hard to notice, and doesn't seem to show up on camera, as I tried taking videos to submit my question first.

As of now, I don't intend to send it back, as I will probably just go ahead and do my mods sooner.

Edit: It might be something with the Lite soundboard itself, as when activating the blade "lock up" the flickering frequency changes and is much faster, seem to be synchronized with the sound.

Thanks again for the tips and help!!! Greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 08:06:51 PM by Odin Lowe » Logged

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 08:12:08 PM »

You're welcome.  That's what we're here for.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Obsidian Knight
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

I know both sides of the force...light, and dark..

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 04:12:03 AM »

Very nice review! I have to say that I love my Archon V3.1!! I received it a few days ago, and I still need to take some more shots before doing my review.

A few quick questions:

Did you notice if your blade (the light) flickers/pulse? How long does your batteries last before running out?  Judging from the pictures, you have an UltraEdge right?

Thanks ahead, and awesome saber.

Hey Odin, I noticed (actually my step-dad and reason for being a star wars geek noticed) the flickering as well on my standard battery setup. I have a couple sabers. One with the standard battery (4 AAA's) and a couple with the rechargeable Li-ion. The Li-ion ones don't flicker at all. I didn't have the money to go for emerald. While my standard battery DOES flicker! It's very very subtle and happens at new batteries and fading old batteries. I think it's just the way it is with the lite setup. Which is why I actually want more like this. It gives you the "pulse" effect like in the movies, without having to pay for Emerald. Just to let you guys know, that it seems normal. And actually is a plus for me!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: