Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 323   Go Down
Author Topic: Your Saber Pictures  (Read 879171 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #1620 on: April 18, 2018, 05:16:36 PM »

I'm a fan of that Dark Shock too.  How heavy is that pommel?  Been looking for a good counterweight.

A good question indeed.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #1621 on: April 18, 2018, 05:36:22 PM »

So... about 3 weeks before the Dorinian was announced I decided to myself that it would be cool to try and make my Apprentice V4 look a bit more like Plo Koon's saber, him being my fictional master in my fan fiction and all. So using Scrams tutorial on PVC shrouds for inspiration I figured that pommels could be made exactly the same way. Imagine the hilarity when I check the forums that one day not only to find out that US had decided to make Master Plo's saber but also a pommel that was crazy close to what I was working on at my workstation. Great minds design alike I suppose. Anyways, here's my work thus far, still needs a few modifications.

Color matching is my biggest issue, I think I have it close enough that it somewhat matches but it still irks me a little bit. It's a pommel comprised of 12 different pieces of PVC, foam, wood dowel. I wanted to have points rather than rounded edges to reflect the edginess of my character. It is a bit large though, at least compared to the diameter of the Apprentice so I guess this is prototype #1. I have another that is a bit smaller with a slightly different design that is almost completed so I can experiment. So thank you Ultrasabers for making Plo's lightsaber but you kind of ruined my plans to make my saber more unique. LOL  Cheesy Grin

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1622 on: April 18, 2018, 05:38:19 PM »

That is a mean looking pommel.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #1623 on: April 18, 2018, 05:43:09 PM »

Thanks Logos   Grin

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1624 on: April 18, 2018, 07:15:23 PM »

I agree. Very edgy looking. Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1625 on: April 18, 2018, 07:29:53 PM »

So... about 3 weeks before the Dorinian was announced I decided to myself that it would be cool to try and make my Apprentice V4 look a bit more like Plo Koon's saber, him being my fictional master in my fan fiction and all. So using Scrams tutorial on PVC shrouds for inspiration I figured that pommels could be made exactly the same way. Imagine the hilarity when I check the forums that one day not only to find out that US had decided to make Master Plo's saber but also a pommel that was crazy close to what I was working on at my workstation. Great minds design alike I suppose. Anyways, here's my work thus far, still needs a few modifications.

Color matching is my biggest issue, I think I have it close enough that it somewhat matches but it still irks me a little bit. It's a pommel comprised of 12 different pieces of PVC, foam, wood dowel. I wanted to have points rather than rounded edges to reflect the edginess of my character. It is a bit large though, at least compared to the diameter of the Apprentice so I guess this is prototype #1. I have another that is a bit smaller with a slightly different design that is almost completed so I can experiment. So thank you Ultrasabers for making Plo's lightsaber but you kind of ruined my plans to make my saber more unique. LOL  Cheesy Grin
That is some of the best PVC work I have seen, looks great!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1626 on: April 18, 2018, 07:55:04 PM »

Shock pommel actually isn't bad, I have one still from my old Shock saber so. Don't look half bad either, I kind of want me a Dark Shock pommel at some point too

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1627 on: April 18, 2018, 07:59:26 PM »

Looks awesome Saso! That pommel *drools*

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1628 on: April 19, 2018, 03:30:17 AM »

I'm a fan of that Dark Shock too.  How heavy is that pommel?  Been looking for a good counterweight.
Pommel is one of their heavier ones, Sam.
Definitely heavier than the stick Dark Shock pommel. On a par with the Archon V2 pommel

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #1629 on: April 19, 2018, 03:31:10 AM »

Liking how this one turned out.
Has a different appeal, being a true custom piece

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #1630 on: April 19, 2018, 03:35:50 AM »

Thanks guys and gals for the kind words. I still have a few prototypes in the works so stay tuned.  Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1631 on: April 19, 2018, 04:41:05 PM »

Got my new lens today from TCSS, looks tons better now especially in person =] Going to be my main cosplay saber now. Went for an 8.7 degree lens. Going to try one on my Overlord soon see if that might help the same way. If you have much older leds set up highly recommend the newer 8.7 lens

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1632 on: April 20, 2018, 02:13:46 AM »

Looks great ZT!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #1633 on: April 20, 2018, 02:41:38 AM »

Looking good and bright, Zren

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1634 on: April 20, 2018, 02:58:28 AM »

Better view. Newer lens on an older led really does make a great difference in brightness =]

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 323   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: