Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 323   Go Down
Author Topic: Your Saber Pictures  (Read 872161 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3420 on: November 07, 2019, 07:37:19 PM »

I recieved my first saber order yesterday. This is what I got!

Congrats Tai Chi Chuan! This is my favorite saber to date. You'll love them

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3421 on: November 07, 2019, 08:01:50 PM »

Welcome to your new obsession. There will be no savings after.

Love that Catalyst pommel

Also a fan of the Catalyst pommel on there ... but I have to admit I like the War Glaive, too!  Reminds me of something....  ;-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3422 on: November 07, 2019, 08:07:45 PM »

I was tying to do it from my phone. Ahhhh...smarter man than I am

Late to the party, these were me and wife's anniversary gifts to each other.
Wife - Initiate LE v5 violet
Me - Dark Sentinel v5 fire Orange
Wife - Sentinel LE v5 Yellow
Me - Dark Initiate v5 arctic blue
Fantastic ensemble Ferris!

Just snapped a couple pics of my Spectre using my new phone

Nice Sam!  Even though the Spectre isn't my favorite, it sure photographs nicely^^

I recieved my first saber order yesterday. This is what I got!

Wow TCCW, that's an impressive collection!

Also a fan of the Catalyst pommel on there ... but I have to admit I like the War Glaive, too!  Reminds me of something....  ;-)

I've said it before Karm but I LOVE those hilts, from the paint job (nice!) to the color scheme to the mods, they look fantastic!

Points!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #3423 on: November 07, 2019, 09:18:36 PM »

Thank you all.

As of yet, I'm really linking the Aeon v4's, currently swinging them with a 36" blade and the balance is real nice. But will try the 32" blades later this week. The Phantom staff is great but coming from a long piece of wood (martial arts) this one has a very different feel and weight distribution, so I really have to get used to this. Sentinels als nice and the kids love the Initiates. So first impression is great, but I'll keep you posted on new findings.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3424 on: November 08, 2019, 01:04:37 AM »

When my 2 new pommels gets in I'll get some pics of my 3 favorite standard sabers I have, wanting to put the Grand Master pommel on my Dark Sentinel LE so Tongue Hoping either this weekend or early next week sometime. Wanted a more smoother pommel for the Crimson Savior so that's why I went for the Butcher pommel, I don't really like pommels with the middle silver square bits so, unless its a permanent design (Guardian, Scorpion, stock Savior pommels)

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3425 on: November 08, 2019, 10:48:35 PM »

Pic as promised, my sabers' final versions =] The Grand Master silver pommel really is a nice one in person too

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3426 on: November 11, 2019, 03:48:46 PM »

Hot and cold, love it

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #3427 on: November 16, 2019, 09:10:42 PM »

Here's my favorite spinning saber!  It's currently out of commission, but soon it will have some new upgrades!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #3428 on: November 17, 2019, 11:04:07 AM »

Here's my favorite spinning saber!  It's currently out of commission, but soon it will have some new upgrades!

Wow, I like the pommel design, I'm a bit lazy this sunday, so question instead of looking it up, what pommel is it?

And I really like the weathering on the hilt. How did you do that?

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #3429 on: November 17, 2019, 04:37:37 PM »

The pommels off my flamberge, and I basically just used a little sanding block and wore around the edges.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #3430 on: November 17, 2019, 07:09:01 PM »

The pommels off my flamberge, and I basically just used a little sanding block and wore around the edges.
So simple and yet my mind makes it extremely complicated with sanding, weathering paint, more sanding etc..
 Undecided

Thank you Cheesy

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #3431 on: November 17, 2019, 07:22:56 PM »

To bad they don't sell the Flamberge pommel on it's own. Sad

BTW, how is the weight-balance with that pommel. I use a War Glaive-pommel on my Aeon V4 pommel and a Catalyst on the other, wich are both great but for some reason I use the War Glaive one more. Many thanks to someone on this forum for mentioning this to me, who's name I forgot, but definitely deserves points for this.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3432 on: November 18, 2019, 02:05:49 AM »

To bad they don't sell the Flamberge pommel on it's own. Sad

BTW, how is the weight-balance with that pommel. I use a War Glaive-pommel on my Aeon V4 pommel and a Catalyst on the other, wich are both great but for some reason I use the War Glaive one more. Many thanks to someone on this forum for mentioning this to me, who's name I forgot, but definitely deserves points for this.

I love the War Glaive as a counter-balance on the Aeon and obviously on my Initiate v3s.   :-)   Question: what's your take on 32" blade vs 36"?

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #3433 on: November 18, 2019, 06:18:02 AM »

I love the War Glaive as a counter-balance on the Aeon and obviously on my Initiate v3s.   :-)   Question: what's your take on 32" blade vs 36"?

Based on the little experience I have with lightsabers: Totally different than using a real handforged sword or saber.
In the Aeon v4 War Glaive 32" setup the balance is right at the emiter windows wich, to me, give it a real nice quick spin with the center of balance right into you hand. So it's fast, easy and balanced.
In the 36" setup the balance is about 2-3 fingers up the blade, giving the spins a little more weight and momentum, and a little drag when it needs to change direction. So you need to spin a little bit slower, but the saber 'speaks' more to you.
Without the War Glaive pommel the balance travels even further up the (36") blade wich is great for cutting, slashing, stabbing, etc. Gives it a more realistic feel, although it still is way to light in comparisson to a real blade. Wich is ok if you don't want to train that heavy, but it leaves a whole in your trainingpotential. But then again, how realistic is a blade made out of plasma?  Grin
In a staffsetup it is not in comparisson to a real staff, the weight and weightdistribution is totally different. Not to mention the cutting off of fingers when u accidentally want to use the full potential of a long weapon by sliding it up and down Wink It spinns nice though, because of the centered weight it sticks more to your hand. A little less momentum, but nice. And the weight of a lightsaber staff makes for a nice wrist and lower arm workout.
Being 2.03m I have no problem using the 36" blades with sabers, but in staff setup 36" is to long to handle relaxed and efficient.

Thank you for the question. It made me reflect upon the little lightsaber experience I have in comparisson to my Tai Chi Chuan training. I hope you can make sence out of my English (not being my native language), it's a short awnser, in real life I'd probably give you a few swords and sabers to try, feel and experience the difference, hopefully giving you a better understandment of my opinion. But for now, this is my pre-breakfast awnser/thought.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3434 on: November 18, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »

Beautiful Dominix, Sam!

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 323   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: