Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 323   Go Down
Author Topic: Your Saber Pictures  (Read 877963 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3435 on: November 18, 2019, 05:30:47 PM »

Based on the little experience I have with lightsabers: Totally different than using a real handforged sword or saber.
In the Aeon v4 War Glaive 32" setup the balance is right at the emiter windows wich, to me, give it a real nice quick spin with the center of balance right into you hand. So it's fast, easy and balanced.
In the 36" setup the balance is about 2-3 fingers up the blade, giving the spins a little more weight and momentum, and a little drag when it needs to change direction. So you need to spin a little bit slower, but the saber 'speaks' more to you.
Without the War Glaive pommel the balance travels even further up the (36") blade wich is great for cutting, slashing, stabbing, etc. Gives it a more realistic feel, although it still is way to light in comparisson to a real blade. Wich is ok if you don't want to train that heavy, but it leaves a whole in your trainingpotential. But then again, how realistic is a blade made out of plasma?  Grin
In a staffsetup it is not in comparisson to a real staff, the weight and weightdistribution is totally different. Not to mention the cutting off of fingers when u accidentally want to use the full potential of a long weapon by sliding it up and down Wink It spinns nice though, because of the centered weight it sticks more to your hand. A little less momentum, but nice. And the weight of a lightsaber staff makes for a nice wrist and lower arm workout.
Being 2.03m I have no problem using the 36" blades with sabers, but in staff setup 36" is to long to handle relaxed and efficient.

Thank you for the question. It made me reflect upon the little lightsaber experience I have in comparisson to my Tai Chi Chuan training. I hope you can make sence out of my English (not being my native language), it's a short awnser, in real life I'd probably give you a few swords and sabers to try, feel and experience the difference, hopefully giving you a better understandment of my opinion. But for now, this is my pre-breakfast awnser/thought.

Thanks!   I was curious.   My own bo training has exposed the VERY different feel of a twin-bladed saber staff to a bo staff.  With the bo, you do a lot of sliding up and down to extend your reach with it, as well as the fact that many of the blocks are in the center of the staff.   Neither of these works for a saber.  Just ask Darth Maul what happens when someone hits your staff in the center of the hilt with their own blade...

Tat being said, its a ferocious weapon and for spinning it is amazing.

As for the Aeon V4 ...   I have both a V3 and a V4, as well as an Initiate V4.   The Initiate has an extension on it to make it longer, and all have heavier pommels.   While its not as realistic, I love dueling with the 32" blade.   I find the speed to be decisive.  :-)

Thank you for your thoughts!   I greatly appreciate the viewpoint!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #3436 on: November 18, 2019, 07:10:51 PM »

You're welcome.

Couldn't agree more, especially on the staff training and handeling.

Always nice to have a little conversation about staff and saber training.
And maybe make a new video soon, share some thoughts.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #3437 on: November 18, 2019, 08:25:54 PM »

So blade types complicated.  I work a variety of moves and a variety of sabers.  And typically speaking I don't favor just one set up.

I use a Dom v4 with the flamberge pommel and a sentinel v4 with a warglaive pommel.  That's what you see here.  They're both using 36 inch standard ultra edge blades (I think, they felt a little long to me).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quc1Rzz5voM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quc1Rzz5voM</a>

This is the Dom referenced and pictured before.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3UFtT6bRUE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3UFtT6bRUE</a>

In my opinion this is my "go to" setup.  I can roll it across my body and I can toss it 15 feet in the air and still reliability catch it.  This is why it is the candidate for receiving a big upgrade.

Many of you know me for cosplaying Darth Maul, so it only makes sense I am adept with a Menace staff (it's in my title).  I regularly use two with a quick release coupler.  Typically I'm using a set of 30 inch heavy blades in it.  It comes out to only slightly taller than I am as a staff (around 6 ft) and has a nice weight to it.  It is my preferred setup for a martial demonstration or stage fighting.  Basically I use this for everything dual wielding or staff related.  It is only beaten by the Dominix in the single saber bracket because I can do a few more niche techniques more reliably using the Dominix.

That said, I can still pull off moves like this with it in staff form.  Significantly easier than with a single saber because of the weight of the heavy blades on a staff.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhIWqo17xXg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhIWqo17xXg</a>

I am of the mind if you plan to perform with a prop, it best be what you use to train with as well.  

This is probably the longest explanation I've given on what I use or train with.  Maybe we should make a more open discussion about it in it's own thread.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #3438 on: November 19, 2019, 04:00:27 PM »

Great idea.

I made a thread here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=43037.0

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

DamianEdwards
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me.

« Reply #3439 on: December 01, 2019, 09:54:48 PM »

My Fallen Azure saber. This is my first saber. Seen it, fell in love and had to get it. It's going to be the first of many.

My Collection as of 25.11.19:
1st: Fallen Azure with Guardian Blue

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3440 on: December 01, 2019, 10:18:29 PM »

Such a thing of beauty

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3441 on: December 02, 2019, 04:58:01 AM »

Just wanted to do a saber hilt pic only this time. My Grand Master silver pommel on my Crimson Savior saber. Looks clean and elegant but also deadly at the same time My favorite set up so far =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3442 on: December 02, 2019, 03:49:57 PM »

My Fallen Azure saber. This is my first saber. Seen it, fell in love and had to get it. It's going to be the first of many.

That IS a lovely saber, no doubt!  Thanks for posting a variety of pics, so we can appreciate the saber from different angles and with different lighting.  This is something I’ll need to remember when I post pics in the future.

Also... will we be seeing a video review soon?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3443 on: December 02, 2019, 07:22:21 PM »

So last week I prepped another mod to my EH, and came up with a Revan with attitude.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3444 on: December 02, 2019, 08:31:17 PM »

Just wanted to do a saber hilt pic only this time. My Grand Master silver pommel on my Crimson Savior saber. Looks clean and elegant but also deadly at the same time My favorite set up so far =]

I'm liking the Savior with the Grand Master Pommel

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #3445 on: December 02, 2019, 08:32:18 PM »

So last week I prepped another mod to my EH, and came up with a Revan with attitude.

An R.W.A.? Dope! The EH seems like the perfect base to customize from based on the configurations I've seen you come up with.
Points for creativity and inspiration.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3446 on: December 02, 2019, 09:25:30 PM »

An R.W.A.? Dope! The EH seems like the perfect base to customize from based on the configurations I've seen you come up with.
Points for creativity and inspiration.
I love that body, but despite how cool the emitter looks, it weighs a ton. So I look for ways to lighten it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #3447 on: December 02, 2019, 11:08:00 PM »

I love that body, but despite how cool the emitter looks, it weighs a ton. So I look for ways to lighten it.

On that particular setup, where is the balance point? I like heavy hilts as long as they balance out at around the highest point on the emitter.
That's just my personal preference though. The only wrong way to get your saber on is if you don't have fun. Wink
What is the balance like on Da Club? I would like more pics of that beast as well. The most savage Sith saber I've ever seen. No small feat, but you went ahead and did it anyway, didn't you? Tongue

imprimis5
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -38

« Reply #3448 on: December 03, 2019, 04:46:33 AM »

The Guardian is such a sexy beast.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3449 on: December 03, 2019, 11:30:56 AM »

I'm a fan of the Guardian but boy is that a beast of a saber!

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 323   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: