Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 323   Go Down
Author Topic: Your Saber Pictures  (Read 879694 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #4710 on: March 16, 2021, 08:09:05 PM »

OKAY, finally did some tweaking on a couple of my hilts.   Nothing major, but it has made for some interesting moments.

First, my Emperor's Hand is now sporting a Fallen emitter and a Malice Round pommel.  I kind of wish I had the normal black highlighted Fallen emitter, but the gold is nice and I have some ideas to harmonize it.  :-)
For now, I like the feel of this combination and it looks pretty awesome.   Nod to Logos for the idea of a "clawed" emitter on the EH.  :-)

And ... the Fallen.   The source of that new emitter for the EH.   So.  What did the crazy singer do to his hilt?   Why, I made it longer, of course!   MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

I added three pieces rather than one.   A vented coupler, a female/female coupler, and a harmonica-vented emitter.   The pieces are all from TCSS.  The idea is to create a de-facto crystal chamber effect, as well as create a slightly narrower grip section that didn't make the whole thing look "stubby" the way just putting the new emitter on did.

Another effect:  The whole emitter section, coupler, and chamber are actually one very long blade holder.  The whole thing is six inches long, so my 36" blade becomes a de-facto 30" blade.   This is a little bit shorter than I like but I can work with it.   And then I slid in my Heavy Grade blade....

WOW!   WE HAVE ACHIEVED TRUE BALANCE IN THE FORCE!!!!!!

For the first time I have a hilt with a Heavy Grade blade that isn't BLADE HEAVY!   Due to the deep blade pocket and being able to grip well forward on the blade as well as the long hilt (especially with the extension and Butcher pommel on there) the grip-point on the modified emitter is very close to the hilt's overall balance point.   This thing handles like a dream!   Almost the same as my modified Initiates with extensions when I fit mid-grade blades.

I am more than a little surprised by this.  I never expected it to balance this well, but I now have a heavy-grade saber with a very lively and well-balanced feel.   It "floats" in my hand, and the longer hilt provides an amazing amount of speed and leverage when you want it.

And it's yellow.   (Well, actually, its white filtered to yellow, but that will do!)   

I am liking it.   A lot.   :-)

And side-by-side, to give a better idea of just how long that new configuration is:

I will try to get a shot of it next to a better known saber, like the Aeon V3 or Dominix V3, for a more concrete comparison...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4711 on: March 16, 2021, 08:25:55 PM »

That SRD blade tho...

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #4712 on: March 16, 2021, 09:05:32 PM »

OKAY, finally did some tweaking on a couple of my hilts.   Nothing major, but it has made for some interesting moments.

First, my Emperor's Hand is now sporting a Fallen emitter and a Malice Round pommel.  I kind of wish I had the normal black highlighted Fallen emitter, but the gold is nice and I have some ideas to harmonize it.  :-)
For now, I like the feel of this combination and it looks pretty awesome.   Nod to Logos for the idea of a "clawed" emitter on the EH.  :-)

And ... the Fallen.   The source of that new emitter for the EH.   So.  What did the crazy singer do to his hilt?   Why, I made it longer, of course!   MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

I added three pieces rather than one.   A vented coupler, a female/female coupler, and a harmonica-vented emitter.   The pieces are all from TCSS.  The idea is to create a de-facto crystal chamber effect, as well as create a slightly narrower grip section that didn't make the whole thing look "stubby" the way just putting the new emitter on did.

Another effect:  The whole emitter section, coupler, and chamber are actually one very long blade holder.  The whole thing is six inches long, so my 36" blade becomes a de-facto 30" blade.   This is a little bit shorter than I like but I can work with it.   And then I slid in my Heavy Grade blade....

WOW!   WE HAVE ACHIEVED TRUE BALANCE IN THE FORCE!!!!!!

For the first time I have a hilt with a Heavy Grade blade that isn't BLADE HEAVY!   Due to the deep blade pocket and being able to grip well forward on the blade as well as the long hilt (especially with the extension and Butcher pommel on there) the grip-point on the modified emitter is very close to the hilt's overall balance point.   This thing handles like a dream!   Almost the same as my modified Initiates with extensions when I fit mid-grade blades.

I am more than a little surprised by this.  I never expected it to balance this well, but I now have a heavy-grade saber with a very lively and well-balanced feel.   It "floats" in my hand, and the longer hilt provides an amazing amount of speed and leverage when you want it.

And it's yellow.   (Well, actually, its white filtered to yellow, but that will do!)   

I am liking it.   A lot.   :-)

And side-by-side, to give a better idea of just how long that new configuration is:

I will try to get a shot of it next to a better known saber, like the Aeon V3 or Dominix V3, for a more concrete comparison...
Point for the pics!
That Fallen is pure MADNESS!!! xD

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4713 on: March 16, 2021, 09:55:31 PM »

Point for the pics!
That Fallen is pure MADNESS!!! xD

Thanks.   :-)

The Fallen is approaching "Frankensaber" status.  All it needs is some claws or something...

Oh.

OH

Oh my....

Um.   I just got an idea....   

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4714 on: March 16, 2021, 09:56:09 PM »

That SRD blade tho...

LOL

I have QDs in both hilts.   Maybe I will swap the modules.  ;-)

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #4715 on: March 16, 2021, 11:11:31 PM »

I'm loving the "double emitter" look. Great way to get a good balance point without having to actually cut down your blade. It looks incredible as well.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4716 on: March 16, 2021, 11:28:41 PM »

Nice work with the customization, Karmack. It's always cool when you can take something awesome like an Ultasaber and modify it to better fit your personal style.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #4717 on: March 16, 2021, 11:31:53 PM »

Thanks.   :-)

The Fallen is approaching "Frankensaber" status.  All it needs is some claws or something...

Well it IS a Fallen, they are like the lightsaber for whatever customization you wanna throw on it. But that is one heck of a unique one and a beauty.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4718 on: March 16, 2021, 11:40:35 PM »

Glad to see you got your Fallen back. That's some pretty cool customizations there. I kinda really like the loooong hilt.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #4719 on: March 17, 2021, 05:34:41 AM »

You should get yourself a Chosen One, Zren. A nice Sithy fella like you deserves a hilt like that.

Chosen One CE with custom blade plug. First video on my new iPhone SE
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmUQul80dLQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmUQul80dLQ</a>

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4720 on: March 17, 2021, 11:07:56 AM »

I love gold...

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4721 on: March 17, 2021, 07:29:12 PM »

Glad to see you got your Fallen back. That's some pretty cool customizations there. I kinda really like the loooong hilt.

Thanks Teagan!   Yeah, a friend who had access to the office got it out for me a few months back.  For those who don't know, my Fallen was on display in my work office when the pandemic hit.   It was trapped there for about 8 months before I finally got it home.   :-)

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4722 on: March 17, 2021, 11:53:04 PM »

OKAY, finally did some tweaking on a couple of my hilts.   Nothing major, but it has made for some interesting moments.

First, my Emperor's Hand is now sporting a Fallen emitter and a Malice Round pommel.  I kind of wish I had the normal black highlighted Fallen emitter, but the gold is nice and I have some ideas to harmonize it.  :-)
For now, I like the feel of this combination and it looks pretty awesome.   Nod to Logos for the idea of a "clawed" emitter on the EH.  :-)

Your EH is a total win IMO, nice one Karm.  I know the gold as it is can feel out of place, but if you look at it as "on purpose" as I do Smiley it makes it look special.  I'm diggin the contrast it's creating.  It's amazing how well the emitter lines up with the switch box without timing shims.

And your Fallen, look out!

Here's my son's current configuration - a staffed up Apprentice V4 and Initiate V4, and these are stunt hilts.  He's pretty good at spinning this baby and duelling with it too.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Sithy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #4723 on: March 22, 2021, 01:56:05 PM »

Just got a tracking number for the first of two “big” orders. Changed the hilts to speed up shipping, and I’m actually looking forward to these more so than the original choices. Should arrive by next week.

Meanwhile, I’ve had this Aeon LE v4 in Guardian Blue for about seven years. Tough, still shining bright, I’ve spun Old Blue the most. It’s illuminated dark hallways, campsites, banishing general spookiness (or enhancing it). I promise I won’t forget him when the new boys come in. Here’s Old Blue next to some new additions to the garden. Nothing’s better than youngling plants bathed in blue light…

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #4724 on: March 22, 2021, 04:12:32 PM »

Meanwhile, I’ve had this Aeon LE v4 in Guardian Blue for about seven years. Tough, still shining bright, I’ve spun Old Blue the most. It’s illuminated dark hallways, campsites, banishing general spookiness (or enhancing it). I promise I won’t forget him when the new boys come in. Here’s Old Blue next to some new additions to the garden. Nothing’s better than youngling plants bathed in blue light…

I really enjoy the look of that blue with that scenery... to me it looks aquatic now, like it's ALL submerged in water or at the bottom of a very clear river, lake, pond. Excellent.

Also hope your new hilts serve you well and live up to expectations!

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 323   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: