Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 323   Go Down
Author Topic: Your Saber Pictures  (Read 877841 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1965 on: August 10, 2018, 03:24:31 AM »

Sanded an older blade for my Overlord =] Going to get me a tube cutter this weekend and cut the blade down some probably to 34 1/2 inches or so. I think the blade turned out nice

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1966 on: August 10, 2018, 03:29:12 AM »

Blade is definitely looking good there

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #1967 on: August 10, 2018, 04:54:01 AM »

Teaser for upcoming project.  Now, if I can just find a hilt that I want to throw this in....

So you can build your own sabers? Do all the wiring and everything? I didn't know that.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1968 on: August 10, 2018, 05:06:57 AM »

So I decided to staff up my two AB sabers and here it is:

DSI with regular AB on the left and the Reaper with Tri-Cree AB on the right.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1969 on: August 10, 2018, 05:32:51 AM »

Sick Tongue I should say I used 220 grit sand paper on my blade so =] Sanded in round strokes rather than up and down strokes

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #1970 on: August 10, 2018, 07:08:37 AM »

Dope!

Sanded an older blade for my Overlord =] Going to get me a tube cutter this weekend and cut the blade down some probably to 34 1/2 inches or so. I think the blade turned out nice

I just cut my 32" blade down to 24" with a tube cutter ($10) for my new place (much lower ceilings) and added some washers for weight in the bottom of the hilt, and it handles so good. Elwood just made a tutorial for me on palm spins and it works perfect for them.

Here's the link to Elwood's tutorial, It's the second to last post on the page: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23125.120

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1971 on: August 10, 2018, 12:08:28 PM »

So you can build your own sabers? Do all the wiring and everything? I didn't know that.

Yes sir, I'm new to it so I'm working and tackling things while learning at the same time.

That's a gorgeous staff you have there, Edon.  The DSI and the Reaper mated together is really pleasing to the eyes. I love the look of dark sabers with the AB blade, will have to do so in the immediate future.  

I just cut my 32" blade down to 24" with a tube cutter ($10) for my new place (much lower ceilings) and added some washers for weight in the bottom of the hilt, and it handles so good. Elwood just made a tutorial for me on palm spins and it works perfect for them.

Here's the link to Elwood's tutorial, It's the second to last post on the page: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23125.120

Really cool, Silenoz.  How hard was it to cut the blade?  Any issues you ran through?  Any tips?  Have a 40" that I want to cut.  I love your Sentinel, btw. Your saber being surround by cool figurines makes for a really cool display

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #1972 on: August 10, 2018, 01:11:13 PM »

I like!! It’s so cool!! I’ve been thinking about connecting two of the different sabers I have, simply because I don’t have two of the same ones. Freaking awesome!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #1973 on: August 10, 2018, 02:00:55 PM »

Yes sir, I'm new to it so I'm working and tackling things while learning at the same time.

That's a gorgeous staff you have there, Edon.  The DSI and the Reaper mated together is really pleasing to the eyes. I love the look of dark sabers with the AB blade, will have to do so in the immediate future.  

Really cool, Silenoz.  How hard was it to cut the blade?  Any issues you ran through?  Any tips?  Have a 40" that I want to cut.  I love your Sentinel, btw. Your saber being surround by cool figurines makes for a really cool display

Cutting the blade with a tube cutter is super easy. You apply just enough pressure to score it then tighten and go around again, keep doing that and it just comes apart. only takes a few minutes. You don't want to squeeze the blade together. Putting new cellophane in is pretty easy too. I just get a piece that is as wide as the original piece and roll it onto a half inch dowel and slide it in then take the dowel out and pull the cellophane out evenly just enough to cut off any extra so that when you let it go back it's basically flush with the opening of the blade then let it unfurl. You might have to use your finger to loosen it by gently turning it in the opposite direction that it was rolled. The hardest part is making sure NOTHING gets on the cellophane or else it will show up as spots.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1974 on: August 10, 2018, 03:18:35 PM »

Cutting the blade with a tube cutter is super easy. You apply just enough pressure to score it then tighten and go around again, keep doing that and it just comes apart. only takes a few minutes. You don't want to squeeze the blade together. Putting new cellophane in is pretty easy too. I just get a piece that is as wide as the original piece and roll it onto a half inch dowel and slide it in then take the dowel out and pull the cellophane out evenly just enough to cut off any extra so that when you let it go back it's basically flush with the opening of the blade then let it unfurl. You might have to use your finger to loosen it by gently turning it in the opposite direction that it was rolled. The hardest part is making sure NOTHING gets on the cellophane or else it will show up as spots.

I'm going to try try, thanks for the info on cutting the blade. Have a point!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1975 on: August 10, 2018, 07:29:29 PM »

Nice. 24 inches is too short for me though x.x When I cut my blades I always mark where to cut the cellophane if its still older glued in type blades and cut it from there, cut at the new opened end though uo more towards the tip

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #1976 on: August 10, 2018, 07:47:51 PM »

Nice. 24 inches is too short for me though x.x When I cut my blades I always mark where to cut the cellophane if its still older glued in type blades and cut it from there, cut at the new opened end though uo more towards the tip

I think 30 to 32 inch is the perfect balance between look and function. I used to think 24 inch blades looked weird, but my new place is so small a 24 inch blade is required. To be honest, I'm finding it to be super fun. It's like the ultimate trick saber, especially if you've been using a 32" or longer, it's like running with weights on and then taking them off. Plus it's more like the dimensions of a Ninja-To.

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #1977 on: August 10, 2018, 07:58:38 PM »

I have a 36" blade on my Dark Prophecy thinking the longer blade would be good since it's a compact hilt. Then, for giggles I put on my 32" blade from my Dark Sentinel LE v4 and I really dug how it felt.

Sometimes the shorter blades just work and feel better.

And good tip on the pipe cutter. I'm going to do that myself. And maybe make a custom blade plug with the leftovers....

points all around!

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1978 on: August 10, 2018, 08:28:16 PM »

Here are some random pics for you guys:

Azure Reaper with Mantis Pommel

Crazy Azure Reaper/Mantis Staff

Weird Menace/Dark Arbiter Staff

Strange Menace/Initiate Staff

Azure Mantis with Menace Pommel

Happy Friday to ALL!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1979 on: August 10, 2018, 08:33:20 PM »

Here are some random pics for you guys:

Crazy Azure Reaper/Mantis Staff

Strange Menace/Initiate Staff

Happy Friday to ALL!

I like the Menace/Initiate staff.  Love that blade btw, was just looking at them today.

How does the Reaper/Mantis staff hold up in spinning?  Or is it more of a photo/cosplay queen?

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 323   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: