Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Launcher Functions?  (Read 3072 times)
123outerme
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

I prefer Light Side points. Not that I'll get any

« on: February 10, 2016, 08:37:45 PM »

In the Obsidian V4, launcher, I have no idea what the Obsidian board settings mean. Is there any form of documentation for all these phrases? If not, could you define what the settings mean? To make it easier, I'll just list them.
Motion Threshold - I know what this is. Sensitivity.
Motion Integration Time - Huh
Impact Threshold - I got this too.
Impact Debouncing Time - Like a cooldown? I have no idea.
Minimum Time Between Impacts - I know what this is too.
Lockup Flash Time - I get this too.

-If I'm not me, who's anybody?
Saber: Aeon V4 w/ Obsidian V3 - Guardian Blue

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:53:38 PM »

Motion Threshold: The higher, the more sensitive the saber reacts to motion, but also triggers more fake motion sounds when the saber is only barely moved around or even sitting still.

Motion Integration Time: The higher, the less fake triggers occur, but overall sensitivity is also decreased. Set this in combination with Motion Threshold to get a good balance between few fake triggers and good overall motion sensitivity.

Impact Threshold: The same as Motion Threshold, only for impacts (either contact between sabers or sabers and other things).

Impact Debouncing Time: The same as Motion Integration Time, only for impacts.

Minimum Time Between Impacts: This controls the reset time of the impact sensor. The lower its setting, the faster the sensor will react on a new impact.

Lockup Flash Time: Controls the speed of the lockup flash (if saber is equipped with Flash on Clash). The lower its setting, the faster the saber will flash.

Hope that helps Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

neaR
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 05:47:46 PM »

Motion Threshold: The higher, the more sensitive the saber reacts to motion, but also triggers more fake motion sounds when the saber is only barely moved around or even sitting still.

Motion Integration Time: The higher, the less fake triggers occur, but overall sensitivity is also decreased. Set this in combination with Motion Threshold to get a good balance between few fake triggers and good overall motion sensitivity.

Impact Threshold: The same as Motion Threshold, only for impacts (either contact between sabers or sabers and other things).

Impact Debouncing Time: The same as Motion Integration Time, only for impacts.

Minimum Time Between Impacts: This controls the reset time of the impact sensor. The lower its setting, the faster the sensor will react on a new impact.

Lockup Flash Time: Controls the speed of the lockup flash (if saber is equipped with Flash on Clash). The lower its setting, the faster the saber will flash.

Hope that helps Smiley

Thanks Cheesy

- LH

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 07:11:41 PM »

Just noticed that there's a small but critical error with the Motion and Impact Thresold description. It should say "The lower, the more sensitive...". Sorry for that Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Consular Isaf Saarn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 11:45:44 PM »

Are the number values in milliseconds?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 06:11:59 PM »

Only for the "Minimum Time Between Impacts" and "Lockup Time" settings. The other settings don't have units, I think. At least I can't think of any suitable ones.

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: