Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Why is it?  (Read 2207 times)
imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« on: September 19, 2011, 05:13:51 PM »

I hate to drum up such a repeat question, but before i make my next purchase i just need to clear something up.

I've scoured the forums and the only answer i see to the DSI's disappearance is that they are out of stock (which it says so on the missing page) or they are discontinuing that line.

But why is it that the hilt and pommel are for sale?  Does it require special electronics that US no long has?  or will this forever be its fate?  If i purchased the necessary electronics, would they assemble it?  or would that be cheating?

Note: If this topic in any way seems confrontational please delete it or lock it.  (I noticed every time i brought it up i was responded by silence) (I feel like theres gonna be a bounty on my head if i ask again)

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »

No bounty.  If the DSI parts are available from built your own section then you'll need to buy all of the parts (including electronics) and build it yourself.  The reason it's not on the store is probably due to the fact that they ran out of what they needed and had too many other projects to get the DSI up and running again.  The reason you're getting silence is because of how many times this question has in fact been answered.  Don't take it personally, many of us just got tired of answering.

Only Deep and Ultra know for sure if the DSI will be back and in what form.  I would highly recommend waiting.  If you buy and they come out with something else you really want you'll be disappointed.  If you wait you can still get the parts at another time.

Cheers.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:24:21 PM »

There already was a bounty after your last post about the SI, this one doubled it!  No jk, I have never heard of someone going about it that way, but I guess it's a possibility.

My advice?  Wait it out.  The SI and DSI are huge huge sellers from what I gather, so I'm sure they will either 1. Produce it again or 2. Come out out with a NEW version of it!  Another option is to get the electronics and hilt and build it yourself, but unless you're familiar with saberbuilding and have the required skills I wouldn't recommend it.

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »

@ MAV Yes i figured as much that the question is becoming annoying, i just thought i'd add the part about the Hilt and pommel availability.  Even if it did return in the future, i'd have to purchase it as well (Just to expand my collection).  As i saw in my other thread about "indecisiveness", you are very decisive, and i applaud that.   Cheesy Its one part of my jedi training i have yet to learn, restraint.  Cheesy

@ Nero See above.  lol (you posted as i was postin, pretty much would respond the same way)

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 05:37:48 PM »

I know how you feel for sure.  To be honest I have been wanting a Dark Shock (which recently has been only produced in RGB) and the parts in the Build Your Own Saber section are just a tease lol

Hebi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 30

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 06:51:24 PM »

2. Come out out with a NEW version of it!

My dear Nero, You don't knew it wehn you wrote that, but you made my day ! \o/

I do have a DSI staff, and the idea that a new version CAN currently b patenting devellopment (either if it's not true, in this case I will be more than happy to buy a SI staff to duel against my DSI)

In any case, WAIT AND SEE, my dear friends ^-

Hebi

Dark Standard Issue/Artic Blue
Dark Standard Issue/Guardian Blue
MR 2005 Luke Skywalker ROTJ
French Geek
IRC Operator : http://www.bde-hypnoise.com/HypNoiseRC/HyNoiseRC/Chat_Ultrasabers.html

Webmaster of HypNoise
Supporting UltraSabers since 2011

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 04:09:08 PM »

Why?  Because we care about our customers and support our products.

Just because we have parts, doesn't mean we are going to build new sabers out of them to sell.  We always have to keep spare parts on hand and we make those parts available to customers who need them. 

It would suck if someone couldn't get a replacement pommel or body because we used them all to make new sabers.

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 04:23:10 PM »

Just because we have parts, doesn't mean we are going to build new sabers out of them to sell.  We always have to keep spare parts on hand and we make those parts available to customers who need them. 

It would suck if someone couldn't get a replacement pommel or body because we used them all to make new sabers.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

pianite
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 03:12:42 AM »

And this is why Ultra runs the company and not us, lol. I would never have thought of this Shocked Nice work!

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »

Very good point, i never would have thought of that....and thats why i'm on this end and you are running a company!  Keep up the good work!

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: