Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Batman V Superman Final Trailer & IMAX Poster: God V Man  (Read 2513 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: February 11, 2016, 05:12:06 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&amp;v=tSUFEliG2XI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&amp;v=tSUFEliG2XI</a>

By Ben Kendrick

Despite multiple iterations of the Dark Knight and Man of Steel on the big screen, the two iconic DC superheroes are finally set to share the cineplex in a single film. Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice opens in just over a month (from the time of this writing) and while there is a lot that Warner Bros. has revealed about the movie, director Zack Snyder maintains that there are also a lot of secrets yet to be unveiled.

The last full trailer for Batman and Superman’s showdown was deemed too spoilery for many fans – outright showing the film’s brutish baddie, Doomsday, as well as footage of the titular heroes working together (having set aside their differences in the interest of larger mutual threats). The “Doomsday” trailer even featured a show-stopping appearance by Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman – complete with a light-hearted exchange as Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) admitted to Clark Kent (Henry Cavill): “I thought she was with you.” Due to its revealing approach, one skillful fan even released a non-spoiler cut of the trailer – removing a few of the biggest twists while maintaining the same excitement. Now, Warner Bros. is giving viewers another long glimpse (as well as a new IMAX poster) of the gladiator match set to arrive in theaters this March.

Check out the new IMAX poster below:

Some fans were disappointed that Warner Bros. didn’t release a big game Super Bowl 50 TV spot, opting instead to create viral videos for Turkish Airlines instead. As Super Bowl ads, the videos were clever and a fun opportunity to tease Bruce Wayne, Lex Luthor, Metropolis, and Gotham City but, when it comes to hyping people up for a film, nothing is better than a great movie trailer – and Warner Bros. have delivered with the final Batman V Superman trailer.

The final Batman V Superman trailer (which you can view at the top of the page) features a lot of the same footage as prior marketing – combined with new shots that add context to several of the more controversial scenes in the previous teaser. In fact, after the relatively restrained marketing approach presented in the first two Batman V Superman teasers, which relied on the iconography of Batman and Superman on screen together rather than plot details, the last theatrical trailer for the film seems to actually double-down on appealing to all filmgoers – holding back from further upsetting die hard fans hoping to remain unspoiled.

This isn’t to say that the new trailer is as big a jump into spoilery territory as the previous teaser but Warner Bros. is not backing away from presenting Dawn of Justice as the dawn of their Justice League team-up – especially the (flirtatious) relationship between Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince.

Aside from quick flashes to potentially spoilery imagery, including a tease of a Justice League villain within Batman’s post-apocalyptic “Nightmare” (as well as Clark Kent jumping into a bathtub with Lois Lane), the biggest “reveal” this round is a lengthy look at the Caped Crusader in action. While the scene, which appears to occur early in the film, may have shown a little too much for moviegoers who feel like they’ve already seen too much of Batman V Superman, the sequence should go a long way in proving that Ben Affleck’s tech-savvy Dark Knight may be even more exciting to watch than fan-favorite Christian Bale. Zack Snyder-directed Batman action was always an intriguing prospect but, as skeptics continue to ponder how Batman is even relevant in a world with Superman policing crime, it’s clear this Caped Crusader, even in his “old age,” is still a highly-skilled warrior (with a super-strength-stopping suit of armor).

Similar to previous trailers, the new footage also makes a point of highlighting Gal Gadot’s Diana Prince and Wonder Woman – with an extended version of the scene between Wayne and Diana at Lex Luthor’s mansion as well as a slick shot of Wonder Woman leaping into battle. In a film that features Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor, and Doomsday, it’s exciting to see that Gal Gadot’s amazonian warrior (who became a point of debate among fans) is one of the most talked-about and highly anticipated aspects of the film.

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice will hit theaters on March 25th, 2016, followed by Suicide Squad on August 5th, 2016, Wonder Woman on June 23rd, 2017, Justice League on November 17th, 2017, The Flash on March 23rd, 2018, Aquaman on July 27th, 2018, Shazam on April 5th, 2019, Justice League 2 on June 14th, 2019, Cyborg on April 3rd, 2020, and Green Lantern Corps on June 19th, 2020.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-final-movie-trailer
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:40:40 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

CrimzonNinja
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »

so excited for this movie Smiley

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:51:27 PM »

I'm definitely going to see this movie, maybe more than once, but this trailer really didn't do anything for me.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 12:13:51 AM »

Best trailer yet. But my excitement still isn't through the roof yet. Nowhere near the level it is for Deadpool, Civil War or even Suicide Squad. But having low expectations is a good thing. Had high hopes for man of steel and was bitterly disappointed by that movie.

CrimzonNinja
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 01:23:21 AM »

Best trailer yet. But my excitement still isn't through the roof yet. Nowhere near the level it is for Deadpool, Civil War or even Suicide Squad. But having low expectations is a good thing. Had high hopes for man of steel and was bitterly disappointed by that movie.

oh man im excited for all of them! Batman v superman, deadpool, civil war, suicide squad, xmen apocalypse, jungle book and independence day resurgence. im a comic book and sci-fi junkie that is very hard to disappoint 

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 01:33:02 AM »

oh man im excited for all of them! Batman v superman, deadpool, civil war, suicide squad, xmen apocalypse, jungle book and independence day resurgence. im a comic book and sci-fi junkie that is very hard to disappoint 

You forgot about Tarzan...

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=26555.0

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

CrimzonNinja
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 01:34:18 AM »

oh crap! your right Tarzan!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 02:11:27 PM »

I still say the best Tarzan movie was Greystoke: The legend of tarzan with Christopher lLambert, Ian Holm and a very young Andie McDowell. This new trailer left me feeling a little flat, but i'll give it a shot when it comes out

Mivew128
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Light Side Points please

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 08:05:38 PM »

oh crap! your right Tarzan!

And Doctor Strange! WHY DOES NOBODY MENTION HIM?!

Owned:
Obsidian Bellicose (TRI Consular Green, Blue Button, Long Groves)
Stunt Aeon V4 (Sunrider's Destiny)
Stunt Sentinel LE (Arctic Blue)

Want:
Obsidian Electrum Wind (Violet Amethyst, Black Pommel)
Obsidian Flamberge LE (Blazing Red)

CrimzonNinja
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 04:04:06 AM »

And Doctor Strange! WHY DOES NOBODY MENTION HIM?!

holy Crap how could i leave that out!! damn it im actually super excited to see that as well! i hope Dorumumu is the villian.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: