Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Impact Issue  (Read 1962 times)
coltrane02
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: February 15, 2016, 01:25:40 AM »

Hi, I just received my new saber with the Obsidian v4 soundboard. I have been playing around with customizing the settings, but no matter what I do I can't seem to fix this problem: I can only seem to get maybe half a dozen impact sounds and then suddenly no matter how hard I hit the saber against anything (or smack the base of the hilt) I cannot get an impact sound to play (clash, whatever). So the changing the threshold and sensitivity and whatnot does affect how soon I hear an impact sound or how hard I have to hit the saber to get one, but it does nothing to change the fact that after maybe half a dozen or so impacts, I no longer can manage to get the saber to play anything but the general motion sounds (swinging). Is this a hardware issue? Should I contact UltraSabers? I've already spent way too much time (probably an hour) messing with the soundboard using the Launcher, but this becomes tedious and is seemingly irrelevant to fixing the issue.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 06:09:57 PM »

Have you tried decreasing the time via the "Minimum Time Between Impacts" slider, too?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

placidsaint
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »

I had this exact same problem not too long ago, All sounds stopped working completely about a couple weeks later and essentially became a stunt saber. Short story email them and send it in.

Sabers I own:
-Initiate V3 LITE w/catalyst pommel GB
-Prophecy V3 Obs. V4 GB
-Bellicose Obs. V4 AB
Wish list:
-Archon 3.1 (Emerald?)
-Manticore
-Graflex Obs V4 AB

coltrane02
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 12:18:41 AM »

I've played around with the settings some more and seem to have minimized the issue with regards to certain sound fonts. But, in particular with the Obsidian sound font, this problem still persists. This confuses me. If I use, e.g., the Episode I sound font, I don't have a problem with impact sounds disappearing after a while, but it still happens with, at least, the Obsidian sound font. Sad

BHarry13
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

Once you go grey, that is where you will stay!

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 06:25:07 PM »

I was having the same issue a while ago and was worried when I read this thread. I went into the launcher and reset all of the settings to default. The issue stopped and I then adjusted the settings in small increments. I was able to get the settings where I liked and have not had the problem happen again on any font.

Bellicose-Emerald
Dark Catalyst-Emerald 
Aeon V3 LE- GB stunt
Flamberge V2-BR stunt
Graflex-GB stunt

Light side points preferred

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: