Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Redemption  (Read 3148 times)
imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« on: September 19, 2011, 09:53:24 PM »

I'm no good at writing full coherent stories. In my head though i have ideas, akin to excerpts of something larger, though that something larger doesnt exist.  I had this idea when i purchased my latest saber, also helped me choose it.

Redemption

The Jedi soon realized how far he had fallen from the light side of the force.  He sat there, in the cold of the crystal cave, reflecting on his fall into the Dark Side.  The Initiate blade, he held since he was Padawan, became his weapon of choice, with his own modifications in it, to make it more suited to battle than training.  It was now black, black as the misdeeds that led him to the Dark Side, and as black as his soul.  This path was not the path he wanted to walk.

He reflected back to his training back at the academy, back on Coruscant. He reflected on the bonds he shared with his fellow clan mates in the Heliost Clan.  He remembered the joy he felt when he passed the trials, and his Master chose him as an apprentice.  Most of all he remembered her.   He knew attachments were forbidden by the order, but she was the reason he woke up every morning.  She is now on the opposite side of the galaxy, a Jedi Consular, aiding in the reformation of government on a planet torn by civil war.

He knew he could not go back to her like this.  Though she did not know of his feelings for her, he would still feel his cold heart sting, to see the fear and disappointment in her face if she saw him.  Further feelings of loss and resentment has pushed him along this path downward.

There in the silence of the cave, as he reflected on his life, and her, he only wanted forgiveness.  Forgiveness for his betrayal of the Order and his Master.  Forgiveness for the lives he has taken from many across the galaxy.  And most of all, her forgiveness, for surely rumors of his deeds have reached even her in the distances of the galaxy.

Then he let go, realizing that forgiveness was not his to ask, but theirs to give.  Whether they give it to him or not, life still goes on.  He cannot take away the things he has done, but only strive to do better. 

When he let go of those feelings, something reached out to him through the force in the crystalline cavern.  He reached out to hold in his hands an Adegan crystal.  The color was clear, but defined, like silver.  It urged him to place it in his saber.  He quickly reconstructed his saber, and switched it on.  A blinding silver light lit the cavern, washing out the other colors within it.  He also felt as if the color bathed him in sort of a field, washing him of his past sins.  It was the Force, forgiving him, welcoming him back into the light.

He looked and noticed the intensity of the Force from the blade carved out groves in his hilt.  The once black hilt now had silver groves.  This was a reminder to him, that though all the darkness, and trials, and tribulations, though the hilt became black, underneath it remained silver.  Much like himself, it reminded him that throughout his fall from the light, he carried a little bit of it within him, always.

Every time he looked at this hilt, he was reminded of this dark journey, that no matter how far he fell from grace, the silver always reminded him that Redemption is always possible.

[This was written as an ode to my new Dark Initiate V2 LE, and myself]

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »

Bravo! Well written, and thoroughly enjoyed. I love the little excerpts like this. They always get my head turning contemplating the possibilities of other adventures and whatnot. Smiley That, and it's always cool when a story connects to a saber!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 10:18:44 PM »

Bravo! Well written, and thoroughly enjoyed. I love the little excerpts like this. They always get my head turning contemplating the possibilities of other adventures and whatnot. Smiley That, and it's always cool when a story connects to a saber!

i was thinking of doing a saber anthology, like a story for all the sabers, but thats a lot of imagination. maybe if other people wrote about a little fan fic of their saber.  I cant think of one at the moment for my Prophecy, cause the name pretty much says it all.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 10:29:07 PM »

i was thinking of doing a saber anthology, like a story for all the sabers, but thats a lot of imagination. maybe if other people wrote about a little fan fic of their saber.  I cant think of one at the moment for my Prophecy, cause the name pretty much says it all.

I love it.
:The orange crystal in my saber was inside and asteroid and I installed it after ripping the asteroid apart to avert my destruction.: Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 11:18:04 PM »

Very Nice!!!  I love it, and now want to do one for my own saber!

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 02:35:17 AM »

Applause, Encore!!

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 04:20:33 PM »

I love it.
:The orange crystal in my saber was inside and asteroid and I installed it after ripping the asteroid apart to avert my destruction.: Grin

I'll have to read up on that!

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 04:40:08 PM »

I'll have to read up on that!

I'm putting the final touches on the third chapter of the story, but you are more than welcome to read the first 2 parts.

(Writing is hard)

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2558.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2586.0

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 04:51:51 PM »

I'm putting the final touches on the third chapter of the story, but you are more than welcome to read the first 2 parts.

(Writing is hard)

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2558.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2586.0

Yes i do agree, thats why i'm no good at writing long stories.  Lots of large detail.  At least this way there's a lot of room for a reader to put in their imagination.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: