Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Dark Menace with Tri-Cree blue (pics & video)  (Read 3717 times)
Muz
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 7

« on: February 18, 2016, 02:30:35 AM »

About a week or two ago I received my Dark Menace! This is the first lightsaber I've ever owned, and it looks, sounds, and feels awesome. The weight of it is very satisfying: solid, metal, feels like a real piece of equipment. I went with the Obsidian v3 sound board, and the sound absolutely makes this saber for me. The activation sound is perfect, and the hum of the blade is spot-on. I haven't done too much with changing the sound fonts, but I have played around with it a little, just to see what it could do. I wound up turning the volume down by 10%, but that's about it. I liked everything else as-is.

The blade is a mid-grade, UltraEdge, and the blue lights up wonderfully. I also got the Tri-Cree LED, so that probably helps. In full light, the blade does lose some of the glowing lightsaber aura, but in low light, it's fantastic. (I'm now curious to see how it would look with a regular, non-UltraEdge blade.) I want to duel someone with this thing on the roof of my apartment building, just for the spectacle.

One change I made was to switch the regular Dark Menace pommel with the Bellicose long-groove pommel, since I wanted more silver. (I also originally ordered the silver emitter underlay, but that was out of stock.) It adds a little extra character to the hilt. Speaking of which, the hilt is a great length for a one-handed blade, but can accommodate two-handed grips as well. You just need to figure out the best way to hold it so the jewel/screws don't feel uncomfortable.

Check out the pics below, or see my video review here:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qGcddhS9d8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qGcddhS9d8</a>

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:39:44 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:37:05 AM »

Beautiful! That bright Tri-Cree GB looks great on the Dark Menace. I agree that the silver underlay would've looked awesome, but the black works fine. Great review +1 (would you prefer light or darkside points?)

Muz
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 02:45:47 AM »

Beautiful! That bright Tri-Cree GB looks great on the Dark Menace. I agree that the silver underlay would've looked awesome, but the black works fine. Great review +1 (would you prefer light or darkside points?)

Thanks! Better lightside me...for now.  Grin

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 02:50:33 AM »

Thanks! Better lightside me...for now.  Grin

Done!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 03:38:21 AM »

Gorgeous Dark Menace, I like everything about it.  When you get the silver blade holder it'll provide a nice change-out.  Point for the review!  Here is a pic of my Menace with the Bellicose pommel, one of my favourites -

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27380.msg417278#msg417278

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Muz
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 03:59:23 AM »

Gorgeous Dark Menace, I like everything about it.  When you get the silver blade holder it'll provide a nice change-out.  Point for the review!  Here is a pic of my Menace with the Bellicose pommel, one of my favourites -

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27380.msg417278#msg417278

Niiiice! Now I want a regular Menace, too!

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 04:24:40 AM »

I may have to add a Menace to my wishlist now...

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 04:41:51 AM »

Niiiice! Now I want a regular Menace, too!

I hear you!  I could totally handle having two of these each one in a different finish, another one has been on my wish list for a while.  It's honestly one of my favourites.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 12:05:19 AM »

Why must you torment my eyes! The tri-blue is so beautiful!! I am now questioning a double purchase for tri-blue and tri-red!!
Sooooooo gooooooddddd

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 12:52:50 AM »

Solid review Muz . . . +1 Smiley

hehe . . . "Oops . . . thats what happens when you hit the wall" . . . first the wall, then an overhead light "smash" . . . then you'll be banned from playing indoors, lol  Wink

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 08:54:23 AM »

does the decorative part of your emitter move a bit? just just enough that if you grap onto that part you could turn it?

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "

check out my lightsaber dueling group, the scions of the balance
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvTovNQK2fuAfSE6J46K0rg

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: