Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: How to upload new or restore the default sound fonts  (Read 72621 times)
DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2018, 02:47:05 PM »

I did it, after 3 years of Ultra Sabering, I was able upload new soundfonts finally. I got a USB 3.0 hub and finally was able to access all of my V3 and V4 soundboards. Always was able to access emerald/diamond driver. Thank you for this thread as it really helped.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2018, 03:00:40 PM »

I can't tell for sure as I don't really know why USB 3.0 behaves weird with Ultrasabers. Best option would be asking the developer, RSX Engineering. They might be able to tell you the reason and if there will be a possibility to include USB 3.0 support as well.

It’s due to the fact that USB 2.0 is 22 year old tech while USB 3.0 is 10 years old. Unfortunately, the drivers are of course different between the two and given that USB 3.0 has a newer tech and architect behind it, it makes it incompatible with USB 2.0.  Drivers for USB 3.0 typically works for newer hardware and laptops while the 2.0. can work with newer versions of Windows until Windows 10. Given that USB 2.0 is now a legacy tech with 3.0 being closely behind it, USB 2.0 isn’t typically supported nowadays especially since USB 3.2 which is known as USB-C is now the architect of choice since the current gen version  2.2 is capable of transferring 2.5 GB/s which is twice the speed of USB 3.0 and ten times faster than USB 2.0

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2018, 06:57:51 PM »

Thanks for that info, Inf01! Point for giving an insight into the deeper technical things Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2018, 07:14:45 PM »

You're welcome, Racona.  Maybe one day, I'll be able to give out info and assistance with Obsidian questions like yourself but not to take away your job by any means but to add helpful info.   Grin  I just gave you a point in another post but will wait to give you back another!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2018, 07:49:14 PM »

That would be great! You know, even I don't know everything about Obsidian Tongue I know much now, but there's still much to learn.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2018, 08:33:32 PM »

I’m a long ways away from that

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2018, 05:53:47 PM »

I was able to change color but had such a hard time with forum fonts. I have mac but I know nothing about zip or un zip files smh

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2018, 06:35:50 PM »

I was able to change color but had such a hard time with forum fonts. I have mac but I know nothing about zip or un zip files smh

Try izip, Jaymes. You can download it here: http://www.izip.com/

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2018, 06:16:36 AM »

Try izip, Jaymes. You can download it here: http://www.izip.com/

Your awesome bro, I'll get on tomorrow my wife has mac I only have a s9 no computer. Dying for samuel l Jackson font 😂🤣

Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2018, 10:52:34 AM »

Your awesome bro, I'll get on tomorrow my wife has mac I only have a s9 no computer. Dying for samuel l Jackson font 😂🤣

I try my best. Let me know how it goes, I look forward to hearing a Samuel L. Jackson font! Pulp Fiction? Mace Windu? A plethora of Samuel? 

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2018, 06:51:22 PM »

Lol wanted pulp fiction but not sure where I can post it lmao I hate to be that guy parents want to kill cause their 9 year old knows the f bomb now🤣

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »

Lol wanted pulp fiction but not sure where I can post it lmao I hate to be that guy parents want to kill cause their 9 year old knows the f bomb now🤣

Lol, I understand.  You can always do a Incredibles SLJ "where's my super suit?!" Lol.  A Mace one would be cool though, I've been considering that for one of my premium boards or may do so with my Diamond controller.

fricky
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2019, 04:45:39 PM »

Hi, sorry for the newbie question.  I just got my first ever saber with obsidian V4 premium sound.  I got it second hand, and it has a bunch of weird fonts on it, so I wanted to restore it to default by following the instructions in this thread.  I'm able to connect fine, download the default font package fine, and unzip it fine.  I'm going through the wizard to build each of the fonts as described in this thread.  But here's where I'm getting stuck and would welcome your advice:

The 7 font's file sizes are much larger than I seem to have space for on the card.  The file sizes seem larger than even what I see in the pictures in this thread that show all 7 fonts fitting on the board just fine.  For example, the picture in this thread shows Obsidian font is 2.6ish mb when loaded on the saber.  My unzipped files are 3.33mb.  In total, the 7 font file sizes are 19.1mb, but the card only shows me ~16mb space.  What am I doing wrong to fit all the default sound fonts back onto the card?

Thanks for any help!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2019, 12:04:27 PM »

You did nothing wrong. I'm quite sure the files get compressed during the upload. For example, the "Ancient Saber" font is 3,221 kB in size when you look at it in a file manager. But it clearly fits on a memory bank of roughly 2,500 kB in size. Same for Obsidian and all other fonts.

I would just try loading them in the launcher (but not writing them to the saber yet) and see what happens.

Sig by Master Nero

fricky
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2019, 03:56:20 PM »

You did nothing wrong. I'm quite sure the files get compressed during the upload. For example, the "Ancient Saber" font is 3,221 kB in size when you look at it in a file manager. But it clearly fits on a memory bank of roughly 2,500 kB in size. Same for Obsidian and all other fonts.

I would just try loading them in the launcher (but not writing them to the saber yet) and see what happens.

Thanks!  Not sure what I was doing wrong before, but came back a couple hours later and got it working just fine.  Thanks for the fast reply!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: