Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: How to upload new or restore the default sound fonts  (Read 72285 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« on: February 20, 2016, 07:43:20 PM »

Requesting this thread to be stickied!

1 ) Download the latest launcher (Mac version or Windows version) and install it with Administrator rights (IMPORTANT).
2 ) Download a sound font set of your choice (https://www.ultrasabers.com/Sound-Font-p/soundfont-manual.htm for the Default Ultrasabers fonts or custom-made ones from the forum)
3 ) Unzip the downloaded sound font packages to a folder of your choice.
4 ) Turn your saber on.
5 ) Plug it into your PC (use only USB 2.0 ports!).
6 ) Wait until the driver is installed (only important when you connect it the very first time).
7 ) Run the launcher with Administrator rights (right-click -> Run as Administrator) (IMPORTANT).
8 ) Switch to the Obsidian sound board tab in the launcher.
9) Open the Sound Wizard.
10 ) Choose a bank.
11 ) Look for the folder you saved the unzipped sound fonts to.
12 ) Insert the appropiate files in the different sections, i.e. tag/boot sounds in the Tag/Boot Sounds section, lockup sounds in the Lockup Sounds section etc.
12 ) Click on "Write Sounds" on the left.
13 ) Save the different fonts on your HDD as a backup so that you don't have to do the whole procedure again. If you ever need to upload them again, you just load your compilations to the banks, not every single file.
14 ) Click "Write Sounds" at the bottom.
15 ) Wait for the files to be written to the board.
16 ) Close the Sound Wizard.
17 ) Go back to the Main tab in the launcher and click "Disconnect".
18 ) Unplug your saber.

That would be the right and approved order for uploading and/or changing the sound font on the Obsidian v3 and v4 sound boards. Be extra careful with steps 4 ), 5 ) and 6 ) - follow exactly that order, otherwise you may have severe connection and board issues! The same goes for 17 ) and 18 ) - don't unplug before you disconnected the saber for the same reasons!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:47:34 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 08:06:59 PM »

I agree that this should be stickied. If there is one thing I feel US doesn't have a good video of, it is this. I know there is a video, but it goes too fast, assumes you have done some of these steps already, and you can't see what Emory is really doing in the video.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 12:10:58 AM »

a great step-by-step guide. I agree that this thread should be stickied as a helpful guide for those new to sabers with sound.

i haven't ordered my saber yet, but i will hopefully be placing that order at the end of the week. it will be with a v4 soundboard. my question is, can you load mp3 files onto the soundboard? i am planning on making a couple of custom fonts using my DJ software and was hoping that mp3 files are compatible.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 07:00:57 PM »

No, mp3 are not supported. However, you can also use .wav files on the v4 now.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 07:18:16 PM »

No, mp3 are not supported. However, you can also use .wav files on the v4 now.
excellent. thanks racona

Systemlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 07:40:48 PM »

I want to install Lord Vanes "Vader" fonts (total = 2626KB for fonts I want to use.) and I was going to overwrite the "Ancient Saber" being the largest bank (2496KB) except it's smaller in size than the one I want to overwrite, does this mean I need to format my V4 Obsidian sound board and if so does anyone know what the default size US uses for each bank in KBs? While I'm at it does anyone know if it would be alright to say format my V4 board for 6 sound banks and make the one bank for the "Silent" font small in size than the other 5 banks? I pretty knowledgeable when it comes to computers which is why my gut instinct is telling me there's a good reason why US made by default all sound banks equal in size, the Silent sound font is only using 5% of its own bank with 95% unused.

Much appreciated and thank you!

Systemlord.  Grin

*Emerald Graflex SE w/Obsidian V4*

Systemlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 09:43:37 PM »

Never mind, I figured it out.

*Emerald Graflex SE w/Obsidian V4*

Nightroad1
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 02:20:41 AM »

As a new owner of an Ultra Saber I scoured the interwebs in search of something like this post. I DEMAND THE STICKIES!!!! For it was vastly helpful.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 02:45:35 AM »

Y'all ever heard of sticky topics

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 02:46:39 AM »

Y'all ever heard of sticky topics

Woot woot!

Thanks, Drachir.  It was due, and good job, Racona Nova.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 08:45:36 PM »

Thanks, Drahcir! And I'm pleased to see that my how-to guide helps so many people Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero

Yankee71
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 04:44:07 PM »

Just got my saber, wanted to mess with the sound font.

I agree with the 2nd poster above, in the video, they go way to fast, and assume you know what you are doing, when this is the very 1st time touching this.
Suggestion, next time use some one in the video who has never used this before, and then when they are lost, you can show them how to do everything they don't understand!

I figured it out, but had to keep putting the video on pause or starting it over again.

To the ends of the galaxy if I have to.

Sabers:
Revan ~ BR
Bane (stunt) ~ BR

Wishlist: Shock LE; CONSULAR;

Bobafatty651
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 01:09:06 PM »

i should have asked this before ordering

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »

There's no way to use a tablet. The software is only available for Mac and Windows at the moment. Maybe we get an Android/iPhone app in the future, but for now it's a PC-only software.

Sig by Master Nero

TobyWanKenobi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 10:57:41 PM »

13 ) Save the different fonts on your HDD as a backup so that you don't have to do the whole procedure again. If you ever need to upload them again, you just load your compilations to the banks, not every single file.

How do I do this step? I don't see it.

When I connect my saber and go to Sounds Wizard I see the Banks Selection and it shows how much of each bank is used by the sound fonts.

But when I click Next it shows empty/no file so I have to select all of the files every time.

Same on all screens

Is this what it's supposed to look like? If I want to change even one sound or volume I have to select all of the files again.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: