Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: How to upload new or restore the default sound fonts  (Read 72295 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 05:06:09 PM »

It's in the "Write Sounds" section. Configure all your sounds, then go to "Write Sounds". There you can rename your font, mark one of them as "Active" and also save the font on your HDD/SSD.

As for the sounds not showing up in the sections, I have no idea why that happens. It seems that your saber has the v4 sound board which I'm not that familiar with. I only have the v3, and the different sounds show up there...Did you try to double-click on the bank you want to edit instead of using the "Next" button? Or did you simply click on the different sections on the left? If you did the latter, then it can be that your files don't show up because the program doesn't know which bank you selected. I think that you have to either double-click or use the "Next" button in the "Bank Selection" so that the program knows which font you want to look at.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

TobyWanKenobi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 05:12:12 PM »

It's in the "Write Sounds" section. Configure all your sounds, then go to "Write Sounds". There you can rename your font, mark one of them as "Active" and also save the font on your HDD/SSD.

OK, I found this and saved the font set. That worked fine.

As for the sounds not showing up in the sections, I have no idea why that happens. It seems that your saber has the v4 sound board which I'm not that familiar with. I only have the v3, and the different sounds show up there...Did you try to double-click on the bank you want to edit instead of using the "Next" button? Or did you simply click on the different sections on the left? If you did the latter, then it can be that your files don't show up because the program doesn't know which bank you selected. I think that you have to either double-click or use the "Next" button in the "Bank Selection" so that the program knows which font you want to look at.

But this doesn't seem to be working. Double click does nothing.

Here's my starting screen after I click Sounds Wizard. You can see I have Bank #5 selected with a single click and it shows 97% used.

Then I click next. You can see the file shows empty and the memory bank shows 0 kB used.

All of the sounds files are empty. Write Sounds would write nothing to the saber. Also it tries to overwrite the name as ObsidianFont. It didn't copy the name "Episode1" from the Banks Selection page.

Maybe this is all normal operation. It just doesn't seem right. The program doesn't seem to know what's on the saber but there's no "read from board" button like there is for the main screen of the launcher when tweaking the motion settings.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 07:28:58 PM »

Okay, that's really odd. Normally they should show up. Have you tried to contact Ultrasabers directly and see what they can tell you about this? AFAIK this isn't normal behaviour, as I can confirm for the Obsidian v3.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

TobyWanKenobi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 08:53:48 PM »

I will contact Ultrasabers by email.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 09:18:37 PM »

Looking forward to the result!

Sig by Master Nero

Stryfe212
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 02:01:42 AM »

Just bought my V4 at Dragon*Con and when I went in to fiddle with the sounds, all the sounds show as empty.  I fiddled with the Steel Sword package from Nova Star and saved the entire setup as an .lscfgx file, wrote it to the card, restarted the saber and tested.  The Steel Sword sounds took the place of Obsidian in slot one as intended.  Here's where things get weird.  When I went back in and looked at the list of sounds for each category (Tag, Power on, etc.), they all showed as empty...  Near as I can tell, the board is working as designed.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 02:05:26 AM »

Just bought my V4 at Dragon*Con and when I went in to fiddle with the sounds, all the sounds show as empty.  I fiddled with the Steel Sword package from Nova Star and saved the entire setup as an .lscfgx file, wrote it to the card, restarted the saber and tested.  The Steel Sword sounds took the place of Obsidian in slot one as intended.  Here's where things get weird.  When I went back in and looked at the list of sounds for each category (Tag, Power on, etc.), they all showed as empty...  Near as I can tell, the board is working as designed.

Are you just looking at the launcher without the saber on and hooked up to your computer? If so, they'll show up as empty.

I use that mode to drag and drop sounds to hear them in order to create the list I want. I then jot them down in a document or scratch piece of paper. Then I hook everything up and get to work. Doing those things beforehand ensure I don't accidentally deleted something I didn't mean to.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Stryfe212
Force Sensitive

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 03:17:54 AM »

No.  It is very much powered on and connected.  I've just started playing with the sounds, so to be safe I saved the default files despite them already being an .lscfgx file and every configuration I've made so far have been saved as their own .lscfgx files.  If anyone else is so inclined to perform a similar test, with different results, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong, but everything seems to be working ok.

Slicerjen
Force Sensitive

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 02:03:51 AM »

The Ultra Sabers Obsidian demo youtube video shows the same issue where the file slots for each action appear empty. He even clicks on the sound expecting it to show and then he pauses. Clearly this is not the same as the older board. I would guess that if you want to change a bank or a single sound, you have to load up all the sounds, or it will load up blanks. Would be simpler if you could edit one file at a time instead of seeming to flash the whole sound bank. I might be wrong. I havent done any editing until this gets resolved, or i am confident i can reload all the banks if i accidentally wipe them all.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 02:13:44 AM »

No.  It is very much powered on and connected.  I've just started playing with the sounds, so to be safe I saved the default files despite them already being an .lscfgx file and every configuration I've made so far have been saved as their own .lscfgx files.  If anyone else is so inclined to perform a similar test, with different results, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong, but everything seems to be working ok.

Sorry it's taken so long, but I've been away from home lately, and I haven't been able to look at this.

If you click on the sounds wizard button, you'll have your list of banks pop up. On the left column you'll see tag sound, power on sound, etc. If you click on those, yes those come up as empty. That's for you to upload new files to then overwrite onto your board. However, you say the sounds are still there when you turn everything off and disconnect it? It's working fine? That's what I'd focus on.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 06:31:27 AM »

Hey guys, sorry if this question has been answered before, but my launcher won't even find the downloaded soundfonts. Does anybody know why or how to fix it?

Thanks.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 06:48:01 PM »

Did you unzip them after downloading or are you trying to access the zipped files? In the second case, you need to unzip the sound fonts into separate folders first. The Launcher needs the actual files, not the zipped package.

Sig by Master Nero

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 04:10:55 AM »

That's what it was. I thought I had unzipped them already, but I guess not. Thanks.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Rho Shinn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 12:28:12 PM »

Hello All

I'm looking for somebody who has experience in uploading US Saber Fonts using a Mac. Just about every reference that I have found on the subject involves the use of a PC. Is there such a user?

Rho-Shynn

BROJA DODAL
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 41

Da man with the Force

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 01:37:40 PM »

I am glad this got posted. I'm wrapped up in the construction phase and almost missed this juicy part.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: