Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: How to upload new or restore the default sound fonts  (Read 72286 times)
Schuyler Bain
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2017, 07:52:56 PM »

Hello all -

This thread has indeed been helpful, thank you. We have a number of Ultrasabers in our house, but I just purchased my first Obsidian v4 with Emerald secondhand. I have downloaded and unzipped the default V4 soundfonts (all 7) and I notice silent is not included. I assume that silent has no soundfonts except for the beep for the tag/boot? The previous owner appears to have replaced most of the default soundfonts so I would like to restore them. Is my best option to format the memory and then load up each of the 7 default fonts, saving them to my HDD for future loading? Is there a better way? How do I get the 8th (silent) back? Is there a way to save sound fonts from the board if you do not have the original files? Lastly, I see there is a Default Obsidian Soundfont and a Default Obsidian V4 Soundfont Package which contains a Default Obsidian Soundfont... are these two soundfonts the same?

Thanks

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2017, 04:00:24 PM »

I don't have a V4, but I think that the Silent font has nothing else than a tag sound. Formatting the memory is always a good option if you get a saber secondhand.

Yes, you should have the option to save the sound font before you copy it onto the board.

No, the Default Obsidian Soundfont is for the V3 board only as it only contains the files for one font. The V4 package contains all 7 fonts that a V4 comes pre-loaded with when you buy it from UltraSabers.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Schuyler Bain
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 06:08:14 PM »

I don't have a V4, but I think that the Silent font has nothing else than a tag sound. Formatting the memory is always a good option if you get a saber secondhand.

Yes, you should have the option to save the sound font before you copy it onto the board.

No, the Default Obsidian Soundfont is for the V3 board only as it only contains the files for one font. The V4 package contains all 7 fonts that a V4 comes pre-loaded with when you buy it from UltraSabers.

Thanks Racona Nova! I apologize for bombarding the thread with so many questions.

I assume that silent has no soundfonts except for the beep for the tag/boot?
  • confirmed by Racona Nova
Is my best option to format the memory and then load up each of the 7 default soundfonts, saving them to my HDD for future loading?
  • So the default package I downloaded from Ultrasabers does not contain the upload file, I need to load each to each bank and save to my HDD and then writ to the board?
  • Is there a better way?
How do I get the 8th (silent) back?
  • It looks like I have an option while formatting to "protect" the 8th bank which is currently the silent soundfont, I assume this is how I retain it?
Is there a way to save soundfonts from the board if you do not have the original files?
  • To clarify, the soundfonts that came with my secondhand saber, can I pull those off of the soundboard and save them to my HDD before I format the memory or will I just lose those soundfonts?
I see there is a Default Obsidian Soundfont and a Default Obsidian V4 Soundfont Package which contains a Default Obsidian Soundfont... are these two soundfonts the same?
  • I see the difference in zip files, but is the Default Obsidian Soundfont contained in each the same or are they different (do they sound different? Said another way, is there any reason to download the V3 version with a V4 board?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 06:21:27 PM »

No problem, that's why we're here Smiley

So, your second question: Yes, you have to fill all banks first before you can save them on the HDD. There's no other way. Once you have that font saved, you don't have to go through that if you want that font on a different saber.

Third: I think so. The 8th is normally the Silent font, so if you can protect it, I'd really try that!

Fourth: That should be possible. Go to the "Write sounds" section in the Sound Wizard, choose "Save" below the Bank overview and give it a name. That should save the font.

Fifth: I don't know as I don't have a V4 for reference. I can't imagine that they're different, but someone with both the V3 and V4 should have more info. But if you have a V4, then I would stick to those fonts in the V4 package. The V3 wouldn't make sense.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

HardTI
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 12:33:04 AM »

Can someone please help me? I've been waiting a month to get my saber in the mail after returning it due to receiving broken. It fired up fine with sound. I followed the instructions here step by step - loading different fonts, and none have worked. I now have no sound on my saber.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 06:46:58 PM »

Have you checked the wires? Maybe one of them came loose while removing or inserting the battery pack...if you followed the instructions step by step, then we can almost rule out a software or usage error.

Did you disconnect the saber in the Launcher before unplugging the USB cable? If not, then it may result in malfunction of the sound board. Reset it by removing the batteries for several seconds, then re-insert them. Also, make sure you make changes only with fully charged batteries!

Sig by Master Nero

HardTI
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 06:52:58 PM »

The wires seem to be in tact but it's hard to tell since it's pretty well taped up.
I don't I had disconnected the saber while still connected to the app.

Batteries were removed overnight to charge and same issue when I try today.

Here's a vid I took of how it's behaving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFgS2aqCZ90&feature=youtu.be

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2017, 07:31:31 PM »

Okay, that's weird...the launcher normally reads the settings from the board, that's okay, but after loading the defaults and writing them to the board, the launcher should show the defaults after clicking "Read from board". Does the launcher show the default settings after loading and with the saber disconnected? That's the normal behaviour of it, if the launcher doesn't do that, try re-installing it! Could be a software issue then...

I don't remember if the launcher reads and shows the fonts after connecting to the saber or not, though...haven't looked at it for quite a while. The last time I had it hooked up was after I upgraded to Win 10 Pro and re-installed everything. That was about a month ago. I noticed that everything worked - driver loading, connecting etc. But I didn't looked at it in detail Undecided
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:29:08 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero

HardTI
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2017, 07:39:57 PM »

The Launcher does show the default settings until I have the saber plugged in and turned on. Then it instantly jumps to those funny slider settings.
I've uninstalled/reinstalled and updated multiple times, used different usb ports and cables. It's gota be the sound board.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2017, 07:47:50 PM »

Yeah, that really sounds like a sound board issue...

My PC had a similar issue...I got it back from my vendor after he upgraded it, and just three or four days later my HDD crashed. Data and backup lost. Yes, I know, never save a backup on the same disc. I thought about copying the backup just before I handed the PC over to my vendor, but I thought "Do it after the upgrade and when everything works again, there you have much more time for it"...well, one more day and I would still have it.

However, I recovered much of my previous data from an older backup...made somewhere back in last October Cheesy 90% of the data wasn't updated since then, so I didn't even lose that much.

Sig by Master Nero

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2018, 07:06:37 PM »

Quick question: Will the Obsidian boards ever support USB 3.0?   I'm asking since the instructions are saying to use USB 2.0 ports only.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2018, 07:31:39 PM »

I can't tell for sure as I don't really know why USB 3.0 behaves weird with Ultrasabers. Best option would be asking the developer, RSX Engineering. They might be able to tell you the reason and if there will be a possibility to include USB 3.0 support as well.

Sig by Master Nero

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2018, 08:21:10 PM »

Good to know, thanks!

JFetrow
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2018, 06:15:40 AM »

OK, late to the party, I admit. I'm not sure what version Obsidian I have, but when I try to connect it to the Launcher (Mac, v2.45), I get a constantly repeating message window saying "Please wait, reading device info". It'll pop up, close, then pop up again. Over and over.
Is my Obsidian just too old to work with this launcher? If I need an older version, where would I obtain it? I assume it won't be Mac compatible, so I'll need to haul out a PC...
I'm just anxious to upload a sound font or two to try, and I can't even see the board in the launcher.

Anyone have any leads or assistance they could offer?
Thanks in advance!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2018, 06:23:10 PM »

First, make sure your batteries are full. Most issues can be solved by using a charged set of batteries.

Then, to identify the Obsidian board, look at the first three digits of the serial #. 121 is Obs v2, 131 is Obs v3 and 141 is Obs v4. v3 and v4 use the launcher you currently have (UltraSabers Launcher 2.45), v2 needs another version (2.2.2). However, I don't know if that version is still available for download. I'll check that and post an Edit to this post.

Edit: This is the thread for older (pre-v3) Obsidian boards.

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: