Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about fonts  (Read 1863 times)
Duncan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« on: February 22, 2016, 07:07:13 PM »

Looking around for some different fonts and ended up on the saberfont site.  It has a warning about "make sure your font will work with your board...bla bla". They are all "optimized" for NEC or Plector. My question is, are these fonts compatible with Obsidian cards? Do they need a timing tweek and then they work?  Or just a no go for Obsidian users?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 07:11:52 PM »

I'm not sure about the saberfont site but if you are wanting new fonts you should check out this thread
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0

Duncan
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 07:26:44 PM »

Ya I've been through all the ones on our site. Was just looking around for some fresh stuff.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 07:28:54 PM »

Ya I've been through all the ones on our site. Was just looking around for some fresh stuff.

Ever thought about creating your own? would make it totally unique. Am currently prepping for when my order arrives as that's what i'm planning on doing.

Duncan
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 07:38:51 PM »

Yes I have been working on a TFA "Rey" version, I haven't had a lot of time lately and I don't want to just throw garbage together because I plan on sharing with this forum. So I will wait till it's perfect to share. But back to the question, will those fonts work with Obsidian boards (with or without a little tweeking) or are they incompatible?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 10:45:22 PM »

Yes I have been working on a TFA "Rey" version, I haven't had a lot of time lately and I don't want to just throw garbage together because I plan on sharing with this forum. So I will wait till it's perfect to share. But back to the question, will those fonts work with Obsidian boards (with or without a little tweeking) or are they incompatible?
I would assume they would. However, I would get 100% confirmation on that before getting one.

I like the sound of your "rey' font. I'm working on a mortal kombat font.

Duncan
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 12:48:24 AM »

mortal kombat eh?  interesting....I can think of alot of good ones for that  Smiley  Boot sound " MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!"  power on, "GET OVER HERE!!" , power off, "Flawless Victory!" Swing 1 , "FATALITY!!" ect...

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 12:57:04 AM »

mortal kombat eh?  interesting....I can think of alot of good ones for that  Smiley  Boot sound " MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!"  power on, "GET OVER HERE!!" , power off, "Flawless Victory!" Swing 1 , "FATALITY!!" ect...
the power down with flawless victory is definitely one i'm working on

as for the others, I have a great one for powering up and the blade lock-up effects

still thinking of the best use of the sounds I have, but got plenty of time. don't need to decide now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: