Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Crazy theories!  (Read 3882 times)
BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« on: February 28, 2016, 10:50:26 PM »

Looking for a place to spurt out your craziest ideas about certain happenings? Tell them here!

For example: What if writers and directors are actually prophets who see into another time/other dimensions and translate them into our world? What if Star Wars actually happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away and George Lucas was the only one privy to see it?

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 11:58:00 PM »

Looking for a place to spurt out your craziest ideas about certain happenings? Tell them here!

For example: What if writers and directors are actually prophets who see into another time/other dimensions and translate them into our world? What if Star Wars actually happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away and George Lucas was the only one privy to see it?

Heehee, the whole parallel universe thing is a fun one I've pondered too. Wink

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 12:30:37 AM »

I imagine he found a real life holocron and it showed him its secrets.  Cheesy

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 01:32:51 AM »

I imagine he found a real life holocron and it showed him its secrets.  Cheesy

Maybe he found a Jedi holocron that showed him how to make the OT, and a Sith one that showed him how to make the prequels  Cheesy

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 08:01:45 AM »

Somewhere out there is a universe where Adolf Hitler was a beneficent leader who showed the world a better way.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 08:05:49 AM »

Somewhere out there is a universe where Adolf Hitler was a beneficent leader who showed the world a better way.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uisHMG3Uiyc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uisHMG3Uiyc</a>

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 05:57:02 AM »

Well this semester I am taking a Philosophy class and man has that class rocked my mind.
Apparently the small of atoms are able to traverse across different dimensions, but scientists have studied that electrons disappear and reappear.
I believe their are 11 dimensions of reality (said loosely).
We can't fully comprehend everything that we are surrounded by.
Are senses are deceiving, and we pretty much can't rely on anything as expressed by Descartes' Methods of Doubt.

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 07:00:19 AM »

I am a firm believer in the Many Worlds Theory, which holds that if anything can happen, it HAS happened in an alternate reality. Each alternate universe stems from different outcomes to a given event, which also leads to other events that may or may not occur within the timestream that we are cognizant of. These same outcomes can also interact with other outcomes to have things still wind up relatively the same, but with different experiences along the way, kind of like taking a different route to get home from work.

To put it in simplistic terms, if it CAN happen, it HAS happened, but in a different reality. Every point of divergence splits off another universe.

To make a simple diagram:

Choice to do something:
Do it. ------> You now live in Universe 1
Don't do it. ------> You now live in Universe 2
You've created two universes, each different from the other because you made a choice, either consciously or subconsciously. The choice can be as banal as picking a cat hair off your shirt or as important as choosing to invest in a company. Each choice affects the future, but in different ways.

Seem simple enough? Well, now let's get a bit more complex. We already have one set of branching universes, but each one also presents its own choices further down the line:

Universe 1:
Choice between 3 options:
Choice 1:  ------> You now live in Universe 1-A
Choice 2:  ------> You now live in Universe 1-B
Choice 3:  ------> You now live in Universe 1-C

Universe 2:
Choice 1:  ------> You now live in Universe 2-A
Choice 2:  ------> You now live in Universe 2-B
Choice 3:  ------> You now live in Universe 2-C

So based on two successive choices, we have taken a single timeline and split it into six different realities, each one a reality where one person made a different set of choices in life.

Now multiply that by the sheer number of choices we make in an hour. A day. A month. A year. A lifetime. Multiply that by the sum total of human experience.

The potential numbers are mind boggling and practically infinite. That's not even factoring in all the non-human actions taken.

The number of potential alternate realities based on every action that has occurred since existence began is infinite.

That is humbling.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 08:20:03 AM »

I am a firm believer in the Many Worlds Theory, which holds that if anything can happen, it HAS happened in an alternate reality. Each alternate universe stems from different outcomes to a given event, which also leads to other events that may or may not occur within the timestream that we are cognizant of. These same outcomes can also interact with other outcomes to have things still wind up relatively the same, but with different experiences along the way, kind of like taking a different route to get home from work.

To put it in simplistic terms, if it CAN happen, it HAS happened, but in a different reality. Every point of divergence splits off another universe.

To make a simple diagram:

Choice to do something:
Do it. ------> You now live in Universe 1
Don't do it. ------> You now live in Universe 2
You've created two universes, each different from the other because you made a choice, either consciously or subconsciously. The choice can be as banal as picking a cat hair off your shirt or as important as choosing to invest in a company. Each choice affects the future, but in different ways.

Seem simple enough? Well, now let's get a bit more complex. We already have one set of branching universes, but each one also presents its own choices further down the line:

Universe 1:
Choice 1:  ------> You now live in Universe 1-A
Choice 2:  ------> You now live in Universe 1-B
Choice 3:  ------> You now live in Universe 1-C

Universe 2:
Choice 1:  ------> You now live in Universe 2-A
Choice 2:  ------> You now live in Universe 2-B
Choice 3:  ------> You now live in Universe 2-C

So based on two successive choices, we have taken a single timeline and split it into six different realities, each one a reality where one person made a different set of choices in life.

Now multiply that by the sheer number of choices we make in an hour. A day. A month. A year. A lifetime. Multiply that by the sum total of human experience.

The potential numbers are mind boggling and practically infinite. That's not even factoring in all the non-human actions taken.

The number of potential alternate realities based on every action that has occurred since existence began is infinite.

That is humbling.

Do you watch Rick and Morty? I feel like you (and basically everyone else in this thread) would enjoy it. It deals a lot with multiple dimensions and embracing the insignificance of life.

Side note: all these theories have been about dimensions  Cheesy I wonder who'll be the first to comment about something else.

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 10:26:33 PM »

I just hope that my alternate self is a lottery winning billionaire and that one day he will come pick me up.

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 06:49:46 PM »

It just has to be - how would a "normal" human being be able to come up with such a story Cheesy There has to be an input from elsewhere...Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 08:22:30 PM »

It just has to be - how would a "normal" human being be able to come up with such a story Cheesy There has to be an input from elsewhere...Cheesy

Yes, they can be called visionary plant medicines.   Wink

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 12:17:46 AM »

Jev, your post just gave me a headache. +1

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2021, 01:41:46 AM »

Starting to build droids IRL?: (narrated by Tonk Stark) and @ 18:00 the "Skywalker Hand"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwsrzCVZAb8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwsrzCVZAb8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzM32wVTbsY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzM32wVTbsY</a>

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: