Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: how do we make the blade flicker?  (Read 2187 times)
DAWOLF40
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« on: February 29, 2016, 11:17:13 AM »

I am a little confused on how to make the led flicker in the emerald options (I will be getting an emeral saber soon, so I would like to know for the future)

Sabers:
-Flamberge LE Emerald - Graflex CE - Prophecy SE - Initiate V2 - Initiate V4 (x2)
Love Ultrasabers...Always.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 04:21:20 PM »

1. Open the launcher.
2. Turn on saber.
3. Plug in saber (into the green board inside your hilt)and make sure it connects and is read by the computer.
4. Select the emerald tab in the launcher.
5. You will then see a pulse line. What you need to have is two different colors. The colors could be similar (guardian blue and a lighter/darker blue), or they could be different (guardian blue and consular green). You need to change the lines on the slider so that there are only 2 color boxes, and you need to adjust the timing to a speed you like.

Here is a thread with a bit more info:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=26443.new

Don't forget to click on "write to board" to save the changes.
Don't forget to click on "disconnect saber" on the main launcher screen before unplugging.

If you need me to, I can post a picture of my screen that might help, but it's on my laptop at home.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

firewisplet
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

"You were my brother Anakin! I lava'd you!"

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 04:47:51 PM »

1. Open the launcher.
2. Turn on saber.
3. Plug in saber (into the green board inside your hilt)and make sure it connects and is read by the computer.
4. Select the emerald tab in the launcher.
5. You will then see a pulse line. What you need to have is two different colors. The colors could be similar (guardian blue and a lighter/darker blue), or they could be different (guardian blue and consular green). You need to change the lines on the slider so that there are only 2 color boxes, and you need to adjust the timing to a speed you like.

Here is a thread with a bit more info:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=26443.new

Don't forget to click on "write to board" to save the changes.
Don't forget to click on "disconnect saber" on the main launcher screen before unplugging.

If you need me to, I can post a picture of my screen that might help, but it's on my laptop at home.

I find that 0.08 is just perfect for making it flicker.
You'll need to make one of the colours a little bit darker or a little bit lighter, and different colours take more or less changing to get the same effect.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 04:58:34 PM »

I like 0.06 or 0.08. My thread says 0.04, but I came to realize that it was too fast for a lot of colors.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 02:28:58 AM »

Here is the picture I mentioned earlier.  It's for blue with a yellow FoC, but the setup is the same for whatever color you want.  You can adjust the timing to what you like, and you can change the colors too, obviously.

DAWOLF40
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 12:50:11 AM »

I will usually have a red color in...so what other color would I use for that? and thank you guys for replying!

Sabers:
-Flamberge LE Emerald - Graflex CE - Prophecy SE - Initiate V2 - Initiate V4 (x2)

firewisplet
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

"You were my brother Anakin! I lava'd you!"

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 01:03:51 AM »

I will usually have a red color in...so what other color would I use for that? and thank you guys for replying!
If you're going for simply 100% red and 0% everything else, its as simple as turning one color to 95% or 90% for a gentle flicker, 80% for a reasonable flicker, 70% for a violent flicker, and everything under that can be classified as a strobe light AND an epileptic's worst nightmare. (Two for the price of six!)

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 01:06:48 AM »

If you're going for simply 100% red and 0% everything else, its as simple as turning one color to 95% or 90% for a gentle flicker, 80% for a reasonable flicker, 70% for a violent flicker, and everything under that can be classified as a strobe light AND an epileptic's worst nightmare. (Two for the price of six!)

I would agree with that.  Also, just get in there and play with it to find the percentages you like.

DAWOLF40
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 09:50:05 AM »

alright! thanks for all your help!

Sabers:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: