Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Crystal Chambers. Made one? Post Here.  (Read 16970 times)
Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 08:33:52 PM »

Thanks Taegin!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -67

(Jacen) The End Justify the Means

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2017, 01:44:21 AM »

Thanks Taegin!

All I need to add to my shopping cart are those clear acrylic discs to put along the length of the rods and a single led bulb that can be turned on and off (due to my technical skill I wont be wiring the LED to the Battery unless someone can walk me through that) i just cant find them online. Im so excited that I am going to make a chassis for my Archon!

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:
-Scorpion with Obsidian v3 soundboard and Sunriders Destiny color
-Converted Anakin Episode III Lightsaber with Red color
-Archon v3.1 Emerald and Obsidian v4 Soundboard
-Consular with green color obsidian v3
-Fulcrum with green color
-Prophecy V3 White color with standard sound
-Sentinel V4 Blue color with Obsidian V3

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2017, 02:03:55 AM »

All I need to add to my shopping cart are those clear acrylic discs to put along the length of the rods and a single led bulb that can be turned on and off (due to my technical skill I wont be wiring the LED to the Battery unless someone can walk me through that) i just cant find them online. Im so excited that I am going to make a chassis for my Archon!

Sounds great! I'm not sure what clear disks your talking about. Mine I used are aluminum. Just make sure you get the right sized disks.  I can walk you through hooking it up from your battery. It's more scary cutting your wires and soldering them back up then anything else.

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -67

(Jacen) The End Justify the Means

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2017, 02:19:00 AM »

Sounds great! I'm not sure what clear disks your talking about. Mine I used are aluminum. Just make sure you get the right sized disks.  I can walk you through hooking it up from your battery. It's more scary cutting your wires and soldering them back up then anything else.

Yeah I think Im just going to have to play it safe. I found a twist on or off LED that I can fit in the central hole with a little dremmel work. Plus it just works out better because it for when its on display, I plan on taking the chassis extention off when dueling. Plus it being a diamond controller I dont even wanna breath on the wires lol. If its cool with you Ill PM you sometime with what is in my cart so you can make sure I got the right sizes like you said.

As for the acrylic discs, I mean the ones shown here, adds some class

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:
-Scorpion with Obsidian v3 soundboard and Sunriders Destiny color
-Converted Anakin Episode III Lightsaber with Red color
-Archon v3.1 Emerald and Obsidian v4 Soundboard
-Consular with green color obsidian v3
-Fulcrum with green color
-Prophecy V3 White color with standard sound
-Sentinel V4 Blue color with Obsidian V3

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2017, 02:22:27 AM »

That's cool! Never seen anything like that on the site. I sent you a PM on how I did mine.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2017, 03:10:08 AM »

Here is one I'm trying to put together with an ultramarine crystal. This is made with different parts than my previous builds.

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2017, 03:55:58 AM »

Thats really cool. I wonder what one would look like with amethyst.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2017, 04:00:26 AM »

Thats really cool. I wonder what one would look like with amethyst.

I have a couple of those they look good with purple.😁

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2017, 05:32:18 AM »

Nice. This is giving me an idea for a project to do in a couple weeks. Like, i just want to make one for display. How would I go about doing that? I want to use a 5mm blue led, however many AA batteries needed, rods, and washers, and latching power switch if I want to show it off. Can something like that be done? if so what would be the best resistor to get for a single blue 5mm led if I'd even need one at all? Like I want to build sort of a crystal chamber nightlight thing basically and thought it'd be a cool idea Tongue Have like 2 washers holding the crystal in place, then a base for the led to sit in, not sure about the holding rods though. So get me some ideas =] I got a source for clear crystals so, unless you guys think I should do a white led and a colored crystal. I'd also like the ability to swap out different colored crystals too so I might just do that. Like say one night I wanted a blue crystal in, another green, and so on. What would be a good way of going about to do something like that?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2017, 07:23:13 PM »

Zren different leds require different amounts of energy what works for a blue led will blow out and ruin a red led. Green and blue leds will run about the same current 3.2 volts will work fine. Two AA batteries should work great and it's easy to wire up a small battery pack up like that. Red is only about 2 volts and would require a resistor with the same Double AA battery pack. If you want other colors that would require an RGB led and different resistors to dial in the color you want say for instance a purple or orange.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2017, 02:04:36 AM »

No I mean I was just gonna wire up a white led and use different colored CRYSTALS for whichever I'm in the mood for Tongue But that's good to know though. Just gotta figure out how to construct one is all

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2017, 08:32:36 PM »

This is probably boarder line acceptable to post on the forum here, but we will see if it's okay. I thought the best place to put it would be on this thread by Grey Owl.
Also if you like my stuff please subscribe to my YouTube channel, thanks!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cSDd9zI-g" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cSDd9zI-g</a>

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2017, 11:13:11 PM »

This is probably boarder line acceptable to post on the forum here, but we will see if it's okay. I thought the best place to put it would be on this thread by Grey Owl.
Also if you like my stuff please subscribe to my YouTube channel, thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cSDd9zI-g

That is really impressive JS!  So with your crystal chamber installed, typically how long are your saber hilts?  Also, do you have any problems with the superglue (e.g. if you need to make further adjustments)?  Regardless, great job  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2017, 11:17:38 PM »

Ya sorry about that I actually ment to say hot glue. I do put the led in with hot glue. That way it's secure and not going anywhere. Plus you can pull the led out with hot glue if you need. Super glue would be a mistake if you ever want to pull the led out you may never get it back out withou busting the led.  My Reaper was 2 inches longer than the standard hilt. When I did the  Arbiter it only had a 3/4 inch extension and then I just swapped out the pommel it was around 13 inches when all done.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2017, 11:26:00 PM »

Ya sorry about that I actually ment to say hot glue. I do put the led in with hot glue. That way it's secure and not going anywhere. Plus you can pull the led out with hot glue if you need. Super glue would be a mistake if you ever want to pull the led out you may never get it back out withou busting the led.  My Reaper was 2 inches longer than the standard hilt. When I did the  Arbiter it only had a 3/4 inch extension and then I just swapped out the pommel it was around 13 inches when all done.
No problem  Wink. And hot glue makes sense^^  Sounds like a very good two-handed hilt; I've got to say that such attention to detail is incredible!  Again: great job JS  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: