Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Modular LED System  (Read 2622 times)
kiharo
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 10

« on: March 01, 2016, 08:28:31 PM »

Hello there,

first of all, excuse my poor English, cause I am from Germany Cheesy

I have a question about the Modular LED System. Could I change from a LED with Flash on Clash via Quick Disconnect to a Tri Star LED without flash on clash? Would my saber still work or is this change not functional?

Kind Regards,

Felix

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:25:30 AM »

Hello and welcome to SaberForum,

Before you continue any further posting, follow this link to the rules section of the forum: (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0)
Take a moment to read through the rules and then reply with an acknowledgement. If my link doesn’t word you can simply go to the homepage and look for the BIG RED BOLD LETTERS. This is simply the way that all of us on the forum keep each other accountable. Once you’ve posted this acknowledgement, you may resume further posting.

Thanks for your compliance.
-Greg

As for your question, your saber with quick disconnects will only work with a certain size of LEDs, I don't see any items like that from Ultrasabers or from any of the other guys. So I'd say that you would need a Regular TRI-Cree MLS unit from Ultrasabers if that's what you want.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 03:11:20 PM »

Another German Cheesy Nice to see that we're an increasing group here Tongue

As Greg said, it depends on the saber. MLS is just a term for the wider LED modules, but not all sabers use that module. Also, not all sabers can be equipped with Quick Disconnects, you have to check the saber configuration pages to see if they're offered.

Your saber will still be fully functional, without the FoC feature of course. I'd recommend fixating the dead-end FoC Quick Disconnect on the TriCree module's wires so that it doesn't silde into the hilt, though. It's very difficult to get it out if that happens.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

kiharo
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:40:17 PM »

I was talking about the Ultrasabers LED System. My Archon has a "Quick Disconnect" function and I want to know if I am able to change from my current Blue LED with Flash on Clash to a TRI Color LED without Flash on Clash function - or is this not working? Not sure how the soundboard and technique is working in my saber, this is why I am asking Wink!

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 09:08:51 PM »

I don't see why that shouldn't be possible. The other way round would be more difficult, e.g. equipping an MLS with FoC on a saber without FoC Wink
Only thing, as I said, is fixating the FoC part of the Quick Disconnect on the wires of your TriCree LED so that you don't have to search within the hilt Grin

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

kiharo
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 09:36:20 PM »

Thank you...maybe it was an absolutely stupid question xD - but u helped me, thanks!

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 10:01:17 PM »

Thank you...maybe it was an absolutely stupid question xD - but u helped me, thanks!
There are no stupid questions on the forum. We're happy to help!

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 07:37:57 PM »

^ This Grin

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: