Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: dark/lightside points in game  (Read 2179 times)
DarthVhael
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

yes, im miralukan.

« on: September 20, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »

i've been thinking lately about the light and dark points in tor. this really confuses me, because you pick from the start whether you are sith or jedi. how will gaining dark side as a jedi play out? and vice versa. if you gain enough darkside points will the game automatically shift you to the equal class of the other side and will the story change drastically depending on alignment? i hope you are able to play grey jedi/sith characters and characters that are evil jedi and good sith. i think it would be fun using a sith sorc. that can throw lightning all over the place but uphold justice in the universe and fight for good. i know this is very strange but the whole light/dark point alignment system of the game confuses me. there isnt any real info about the specifics of it. also idk if you guys have heard but the release date basically got leaked. because the razer gaming peripheral company is making a line of products based on swtor and the company accidentally said the products would be available early November in an interview. this gives a good hint that the game will be released the same time because why would the products be released on a date far away from the release of the game. so just a thought for all of you, but i am very excited and i would not doubt a 11.11.11 release date. just a speculation anyway.

Yes, I'm Miralukan....No i don't have eyes....I can see you giving me the finger...

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:26:29 PM »

theres  a video on swtor linked from u tube the developers play a mission on the republic a group of all the classes go through for 40 or so minutes it goes into great detail on the alignment see its your decisions that put you to the light or to the dark...i've watched and you cant switch sides none of there articules says you pick sides after you make a new character sorry but thats the downside i wish you could make those decisions but you cant sorry man

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 12:05:17 AM »

The Force Points do the same thing they did in KOTOR I & 2. You get enough dark points and you turn to the darkside(vice versa if you're a Sith.) You can't change factions though. You still stay a Jedi, even if you turn to the darkside.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 12:31:18 AM »

It effects your characters story mainly. For example say you are a sith warrior. If you gain dark side points by killing and being evil that opens up little things in story and small character bonuses. If you go light side for a sith, focusing on loyalty, strength, honor, letting ppl live etc than you get become a good sith, not a jedi. that also will allow story tidbits and bonuses. there is more to it but thats the basics. 

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:53:27 AM »

Just as long as it doesn't give me a silly hat to wear as a bonus...the consular hat is silly enough Grin Grin Grin (hope I can ditch it somewhere).

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 02:16:08 AM »

Just as long as it doesn't give me a silly hat to wear as a bonus...the consular hat is silly enough Grin Grin Grin (hope I can ditch it somewhere).

Seriously. What's up with that thing. Add the sandals and it makes for one ridiculous costume!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: