Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 191   Go Down
Author Topic: Tython  (Read 344361 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 07:32:33 PM »

Dorun's commlink beeped, and Master Satele's voice emanated from it.

"Dorun, please bring our guest back to the Council Chambers.  We have finished our discussion and wish to inform him of our decision."

Dorun looked to Pasbe.  "I will take you back immediately, if you are ready."
Rising, Pasbe answered his companion and guard, "I am ready. Please, lead the way." With that they were off and soon found themselves back in the Council chambers. Pasbe returned to the place which he had previously occupied and bowed deeply before the Council. Speaking few words he simply said, "I am at your service and convenience Masters."

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 10:33:50 PM »

Grand Master Satele stood up as he walked in, the other members remaining in their seats.  She stepped forward to announce their decision.

"Pasbe Stemon, you have been trained in the Jedi arts by Master Al-epa, a valued member of our order.  Considering how far you have come, and the selfless service you have already performed against the Shiro, we are willing to allow you a chance to become a member of our Order."

She let the decision sink in, feeling Pasbe's elation through the Force.

"However, I do not want you to expect an easy path.  To initiate you, especially as a full Jedi, we must first test your qualities as we would any Padawan.  Your first test will be to undertake a mission, the type of mission we would send a Jedi on.  The details of this will be revealed in time, but for now we will simply say that you are to investigate a number of disappearances which have been reported lately.  Many of the clues point to a Sith Lord kidnapping them for experiments, but we cannot be sure."

"For now, rest and prepare for your mission.  We will upload the details to your ship's computer.  May the Force be with you."

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 09:11:30 AM »

Grand Master Satele stood up as he walked in, the other members remaining in their seats.  She stepped forward to announce their decision.

"Pasbe Stemon, you have been trained in the Jedi arts by Master Al-epa, a valued member of our order.  Considering how far you have come, and the selfless service you have already performed against the Shiro, we are willing to allow you a chance to become a member of our Order."

She let the decision sink in, feeling Pasbe's elation through the Force.

"However, I do not want you to expect an easy path.  To initiate you, especially as a full Jedi, we must first test your qualities as we would any Padawan.  Your first test will be to undertake a mission, the type of mission we would send a Jedi on.  The details of this will be revealed in time, but for now we will simply say that you are to investigate a number of disappearances which have been reported lately.  Many of the clues point to a Sith Lord kidnapping them for experiments, but we cannot be sure."

"For now, rest and prepare for your mission.  We will upload the details to your ship's computer.  May the Force be with you."

"Thank you Masters," Pasbe said. "I most certainly do not desire an easy path; seeking the quick and easy path leads to the Dark Side. I will do my best and will meditate until such time as I am to leave. May the Force be with you as well." Seeing approval in the faces of the Council, Pasbe turned around and left the Council chambers. He turned to his right immediately upon leaving the Chambers, and soon found himself in a library of sorts. Going into a corner, he settled himself down and began to meditate upon the Force.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 07:18:45 AM »

As Pasbe meditated, insight poured into him. The Council had said that they believed that a Sith Lord was kidnapping people for experiments. Could it really be him? he wondered. Regardless, what must be done must be done. And besides, perhaps now I can save these people that I was unable to before Taris.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 06:56:33 PM »

As Pasbe meditated, insight poured into him. The Council had said that they believed that a Sith Lord was kidnapping people for experiments. Could it really be him? he wondered. Regardless, what must be done must be done. And besides, perhaps now I can save these people that I was unable to before Taris.
Coming out of his time of meditation, Pasbe began to go through the volumes of history in the library. Normally such a task would occupy him for untold hours but the one thought echoed through his mind like a blaster bolt: Is it him?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 04:54:58 AM »

Pasbe's comm beeped... a holomessage from Master Satele had come through.  Her blued holographic image sprang up out of the device to address him.

"Pasbe, I wanted to let you know that the Council has received some more information about your mission.  One of our Sentinels has managed to pick up a trail from the captured victims to Nar Shaddaa... it appears the kidnapper made a stop there at some point, though for what purpose we do not know.  Please be careful, as the Smuggler's Moon is very dangerous.  May the Force be with you."

The image flickered off, leaving Pasbe alone once more.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 06:58:26 AM »

Pasbe's comm beeped... a holomessage from Master Satele had come through.  Her blued holographic image sprang up out of the device to address him.

"Pasbe, I wanted to let you know that the Council has received some more information about your mission.  One of our Sentinels has managed to pick up a trail from the captured victims to Nar Shaddaa... it appears the kidnapper made a stop there at some point, though for what purpose we do not know.  Please be careful, as the Smuggler's Moon is very dangerous.  May the Force be with you."

The image flickered off, leaving Pasbe alone once more.

Nar Shaddaa, Pasbe thought. If the galaxy has a slimy underbelly, it is Nar Shaddaa. I should get underway immediately. Pasbe began to walk towards the hangar where his ship was docked. As he did so, he commed Control and received permission to lift off. A mix of elation and dread filled the Jedi's heart as he boarded his ship and began its startup sequence. Elation at beginning his first mission for the Orderand dread at some nameless feeling clawing at his mind; there was more than meets the eye here for certain. Soon, Pasbe lifted off in his ship and was on his way to Nar Shaddaa.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 06:34:04 AM »

The Council convened to discuss several matters at hand.

Once the obligatory discussions of tactical maneuvers against the Sith were complete, the topic of the Jedi applicant Pasbe Stemon was brought up.

"According to Pasbe," Grand Master Satele reported, "he has found a lead on these kidnap victims.  He talked to an informant in the Shadow district of Nar Shaddaa, who pointed him towards Tatooine."  The Council members took this in, silence filling the room.  Nar Shaddaa was a dangerous planet, and Shadow town was one of the worst places on it.  To survive such a place and even come out with valuable intelligence spoke volumes of the man's skill.  Furthermore, the reports of his nonviolet path on the planet spoke volumes of his character.

"He also had a run in with his Master's killers," Master Satele continued, letting the statement sink in.  "He let them go, though he severed the hand of one of them in self-defense."  Again, a good example of conduct becoming of a Jedi.  By denying the urge for vengeance that so naturally accompanies the loss of a friend, Pasbe showed great strength of character and understanding of the Jedi way.

Master Kiwiiks looked over to Master Kaedan, amusement in her eyes.  "What do you think now Jaric?  Still rooting against him?"  Master Kaedan responded only with a snort, though in truth even he was impressed.  Truly Master Al-epa had done a fine job of training this one.

"We will continue to monitor his progress, and determine if he is truly worthy to be a Jedi," Master Satele said, reassuring the skeptical Master.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »

Pasbe appeared in a holo-mwlessage after being patched through. "Greetings Masters. I have found more information here on Tatooine. It would seem as though this kidnapper might have royal roots. Apparently the Sith Lord bragged about killing a Baron's family.

On a related note, my informant turned out to be Al-epa's father. It would seem to me that the Force has a plan in place on this mission. I do not know where it will lead me, but I will still seek answers. I have done some research and it seems as though there was a brutal set of murders on my planet of Hathrox III a while ago; shortly before the kidnappings began.

One eyewitness is recorded as saying that it seemed to be a hostage turnover gone wrong. That would fit with what my informant said. What are your opinions and orders my Masters?"

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »

Pasbe appeared in a holo-mwlessage after being patched through. "Greetings Masters. I have found more information here on Tatooine. It would seem as though this kidnapper might have royal roots. Apparently the Sith Lord bragged about killing a Baron's family.

On a related note, my informant turned out to be Al-epa's father. It would seem to me that the Force has a plan in place on this mission. I do not know where it will lead me, but I will still seek answers. I have done some research and it seems as though there was a brutal set of murders on my planet of Hathrox III a while ago; shortly before the kidnappings began.

One eyewitness is recorded as saying that it seemed to be a hostage turnover gone wrong. That would fit with what my informant said. What are your opinions and orders my Masters?"

Master Satele looked to Master Bakarn, the only other Council member present.  "It sounds as though he may tracing this trail back to its source," the wizened man said confidently.  Satele nodded in agreement.  She turned back to the hologram of Pasbe.

"Please proceed to investigate this killing on Hathrox III... if the Force truly is intervening in your test, then we must follow its Will.  I wish you well, Pasbe Stemon."

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 07:29:16 PM »

The Whitecloak emerged from hyperspace and Deutero roused Pasbe from his healing trance as instructed. Pasbe thanked the boy and proceeded to broadcast his ID to ground control. He was allowed to land which he did, and then exited the ship with his new friend. The two walked to the quarters which were reserved for guests and Pasbe sent a comm message to Grand Master Shan. Grand Master, I have returned from Hathrox III and I have some information I would like to discuss with you at your earliest convenience. - Pasbe Stemon.

"Now what?" asked Deutero the Wroonian.

"Now," Pasbe answered, "we wait."

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 07:40:17 AM »

As the Council finished their meeting, Master Satele checked the main comm device.  Noticing the message from Pasbe Stemon, she immediately began a reply.

Pasbe, please report to the Council Chambers immediately.  We can discuss the results of your investigation.

Sending the message, she turned to the three Masters present - Master Kaedan, Master Kiwiiks, and the Kel Dor Jedi Master called Tol Braga.  If need be, the four of them could make a decision on Pasbe's future.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 07:48:17 AM »

"While we wait," Pasbe said with a smile, "I want to test your abilities a bit. You mentioned back on Hathrox III that you can at least guide things with your mind; can you move them yet?"

"N...no not really."

"Why do you hesitate?"

"I...I just can't do it."

This was the first inkling of fear that the Wroonian had shown; it concerned Pasbe. He decided that it would be best to lead by example. He began slowly lifting various items in the room; his lightsaber, his comm, a datapad. As those items hovered in the air, he spoke. "Deutero my friend, I do not know why you fear this, but don't. Fear is one of the paths to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Instead, learn what it truly is; a gift of the Unifying Force.

All things are connected by the Force and it is because of that, that we who are sensitive to the Force's leading, can touch, feel and affect those things. Do not fear, and do not fear failure. Simply feel the peace of the Force for when you are at peace, it is then that you can truly feel the embrace of the Force." Setting down the items, he said, "Now, you try it. Just concentrate on the Force and attempt to envision the comm."

The boy closed his eyes and could be seen to be straining. "Feel the comm," Pasbe instructed. "Feel the Force flowing through and around it. Now, gently, gently raise it up." Pasbe smiled as the comm began to shake almost imperceptibly then, ever so slowly, began to rise. "Now," he said calmly, "I want you to lower the comm back down to where it was. Good! Deutero, you have taken the first step in learning to control items through the Force."

Suddenly the comm, which had only moments ago been suspended in the air, chirped indicating a message. Pasbe picked it up through the Force to demonstrate how further learning could give further control, and read the message. Deutero asked him, "Was that the Council?"

"Yes," Pasbe answered. "They have called for me so you will wait outside the Council chambers until such time as you are called. Let's go."

Pasbe Stemon and the Wroonian boy Deutero, arrived at the Council chambers. Indicating a spot where Deutero should wait, Pasbe walked into the Council chambers and bowed deeply. "Masters, I am at your service."

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 08:58:53 AM »

Master Satele stood, the other Masters remaining in their seats.  "Hello Pasbe," she said.  "It is good to see you returned safely from your mission.  How did you fare?  Please fill us in on what happened on Hathrox III."

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »

"Thank you for the welcome Master," Pasbe said humbly. "Though I did not find any clue as to where I should go next, I did find more information about the mysterious Baron. You may remember that the kidnapping on Tatooine that I investigated was of a Sith Lord that bragged of having had a Baron's family killed. When I arrived at Hathrox III I was confronted by a man claiming to be the Baron's brother. Apparently the Baron was Hego Von Cravasse."

He paused to let that information sink in. "I was told that the Baron Von Cravasse was once a member of the Order but when it was revealed that he had a family in secret, he left. According to Draco Von Cravasse, the brother, the Baron is the one responsible for the kidnappings. He is tracking down all those who had a hand in his family's deaths."

Pasbe looked at each of the four Masters in turn before continuing. "There is a Sith Lord that I met during my part in the Shiro conflict; a Darth Severus. He collects bodies of those that he refers to as 'brain dead'. Though the practice is deplorable, I think he might be able to help figure out why this Baron Von Cravasse is collecting the bodies of his enemies. With your permission, I would like to contact him and meet with him, away from Tython of course, and see if he can shed some light onto this man's motives.

In addition," he continued. "Draco Von Cravasse was traveling with a Sith named Re'kal. I was attacked by the Sith and, unfortunately, was almost defeated. If it weren't for a young Wroonian Force Sensitive, I would have died. He had no family, he felt very strong in the Force, and seemed to be noble of heart. I have brought him here though I made certain to explain that I could not guarantee his being accepted or trained. I thought that if he were not accepted for training, he could perhaps help in the agricultural field or something of the like. I could not leave him alone and unprotected. Please forgive me for acting on my own Masters. His name is Deutero and he is outside of the Council chambers should you wish to speak with him. I thought at the very least, we could provide purpose and a home for him."

Pasbe folded his hands behind his back and awaited the Council's response.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 191   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: